Socks with sandals

I must say that I am wearing sandals over socks right now. I’m indoors, but my feet have been hurting lately so tonight I decided to walk indoors with my sandals and it feels great. Now if I could just find a fur coat!

Ah, of course. To go with your wife-beater?

And I thought ‘wife-beater’ shirt was a term local to Prince George. Does everybody call them that?

Yep.

you’ve intrigued me into a linguistic search as to the origins and spread of the ‘wife beater’ shirt.

ADD ON:

[quote]Wife-Beater T-Shirts sells white tank top undershirts with the words “Wife Beater” printed across the chest. The 3-month-old company provides a special discount—a second shirt for half price—to customers who can prove they have abused their wives. Court records, restraining orders, and probation officers’ phone numbers are all acceptable proof; the company says photographs are not sufficient. For infants it makes tops that read “Li’l Wife Beater”.

Company owner James Doolin says the association of the tank top shirts with the term “wife beater” comes from the reality television show Cops. Most of the men arrested for domestic violence wore white undershirts, he explains.[/quote]

You know, I’ve never worn a sleeveless white shirt in my life. Or any shirt without sleeves.

You live in the heart of 19th century management thinking, and don’t wear a short sleeve white shirt and tie to work? You know people without that are only pretend computer techs.