So like, isn't Rupert supposed to be rainy?

I’m beginning to forget what rain feels like. Have we even had three days of it in the last month?

I’ve been here 6 years, and every spring has been great.

This is the best spring I can think of in the recent years. By this time last year, we had JUST started playing softball after the fields were closed for a month due to nasty weather. I hope it stays like this for a loooooooooooong time.

speaking of sports, is there an adult league for rugby in this town?

nice avatar smartass.
i remember those! I was about Mr. Pickle

Yes there is. All the rugby clubs seem to be practicing together lately, as I’ve seen the men, women, and highschoolers all out at Patullo Field on sunday, and also tonight.

The men are the only ones with an actual league to play in though, and the women that are brave enough practice with them too.

Do you want to be a Seaman? Lovely rugby team name eh?

we’ve had like 2 days of rain in may…

Hoshq, I hope you are out walking in this beautiful weather. There’ll be plenty of time to drive your new car during the rainy season.

Holy frick it’s hot in my house. It’s 34 in the kitchen, dining room and living room, and only 30 in my room.

If I would have had nuts, I’m sure I would have sweat them off by now.

Today is going to be a record! I spent from 8:30 to 10:00 am outside and I had to come in and drink like three glasses of water (too early for other kinds of beverages since I got work to do on the house).

Yes, on hot days it’s best to do stuff outside early, rather than later. I hiked to Butze this morning. Two hours of fun.

Don’t worry, there’ll be 80 days of rain in Rupert this summer and you’ll forget all about the sunshine you’re feelin’.

Ya dude, come out, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 5:30 and Sundays at 12:00, Putullo Park.

I got woken up shortly after 11am because my mom witnessed a car accident just down from my house where a woman drove right off the road in reverse and landed 15 feet down, upside down.

It turns out the old woman shouldn’t be driving anymore, didn’t look where she was going, and floored it when she saw my mom coming up the street. What the woman didn’t realise was that she was in reverse and hit the gas instead of the brake.

Everything is ok though. The woman has bumps and bruises, possibly whiplash but she’s ok. My mom is shaken up like crazy though… probably won’t drive for a while.

Good thing it’s my day off.

[quote=“smartass”]I got woken up shortly after 11am because my mom witnessed a car accident just down from my house where a woman drove right off the road in reverse and landed 15 feet down, upside down.

It turns out the old woman shouldn’t be driving anymore, didn’t look where she was going, and floored it when she saw my mom coming up the street. What the woman didn’t realise was that she was in reverse and hit the gas instead of the brake.

Everything is ok though. The woman has bumps and bruises, possibly whiplash but she’s ok. My mom is shaken up like crazy though… probably won’t drive for a while.

Good thing it’s my day off.[/quote]

I can remember when my grandfather use to drive on the wrong side of the road, not knowingly. How does that saying go “I’d rather die in my sleep like my grandfather than as a passenger in his car”. Something like that, can’t remember the exact wording.

Dave, you seem pretty able-bodied, you should come out to rugby too, we are like four short of a mens team.

Thanks for the invite. Rugby isn’t my game. I can picture myself at the bottom of the scrum fighting for air. Now if it was soccer I’d say yes. I also play a mean game of 31 and I’m thinking of forming a competitive baby buggy racing league.

“I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.” --Jim Harkins (or was it Kurt Cobain?)

where’s that?

Next to Doug Kerr field.