Smashed windows/Break In's

Theres been so many break in’s in prince rupert lately. Mainly stores. To many to list.

Heres what happens.
Thief breaks $1000 dollar window, Alarm goes off, Police come $150, glass company comes after hours, double time for him if not more, boards it up$200(est), thief steals stuff 50-500$.

Police catch the Thief, he/she has no money to pay for damages, goes to court, does maybe community service.
does everything all over again

There there are people taking up their bandwidth publishing comments of this nature (which Telus is going to put a cap on, which will effect Citytel I might add. ) Which in turn will cost $$
Then there is bored silly folks who could be making money instead of spreading rumours on the interweb (- $$)

My conclusion is that everything costs money, rarely anything is free nowadays. Well stating the obvious is still free, but ya um. Bye

My take on this whole thing, is that the police in this town arent doing their jobs… or going about it right. They have said they know who it is, and yet, they dont stop this or these people from stealing again, because they have to “catch them in the act”. Thats BS as far as i’m concerned. Another bug on my shoulders with the cops in this town, is that they spend all this time trying to bust a few pot plants, when they can be stopping the trafficing of other, worse drug, like E or coke. When are they going to catch on to the real priorities in this town.

Most of us were warned by the cops, a long time ago in high school, that they would get us back for picking on them.

Good lord… We’re gonna need a dump truck to haul this load of crap.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

Good lord… We’re gonna need a dump truck to haul this load of crap.

Mike[/quote]

Are you actually going to present an argument? I’ve gathered than you work in the exciting field of law enforcement, and you’re probably right, but it doesn’t make it believable if you just add some hominems (hah!)… it would be rad if you could give us some real data or inside anecdotes to the contrary.

Cheesy at best!

I would if there were actually some facts to argue.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]I would if there were actually some facts to argue.
[/quote]

Haha! Well said Mike!

[quote=“CrazyMike”]

I would if there were actually some facts to argue.

Mike[/quote]

Well, I won’t go so far to call them facts, but it’s pretty weak to just bust out a “no dude, you’re wrong” and leave it at that (sounds like something HoshQ would do).

I’ll agree with you that I think that Delirious is exaggerating severely, but I do not actually have any hard evidence with which to dispute him.

Point #1

Point #2

Point #3

Point #4

With regards to point #3, I’d just like to give a personal anecdote, I’d just like to say that as a member of that oh-so-elusive 18-24 demographic, I’ve seen the consumption of “harder” drugs like cocaine increase drastically in the last few years. I’m not saying that the police aren’t concentrating on that kind of stuff, I’m just saying that regardless of whether they are or not, there appears to be more of the stuff around.

Well actually I didn’t say he was wrong. I said his post was a load of crap. Since he presented no facts I simply posted MY opinion of HIS opinion. If he wants to post something to support his opinion that is factual in nature I will happily consider posting something factual in response.

As for your personal observation I can tell you that I too have noticed the same thing. A lot of the younger people (18ish to early 20’s) we get in our cells at the courthouse are telling me that they are involved in the heavy stuff. Five years ago it was mostly the older people. (Early to mid 30’s)

Oh and I hope that HoshQ comment wasn’t an attempt to bait me into a flame war.

Mike

Speaking of Hosh-Q, if Ivan has returned, there’s no reason for him to stay away either.

Actually, that’s exactly what it was.

But yeah, the Hosh is due for a comeback here I think.

[quote=“Eso”]

Actually, that’s exactly what it was.

But yeah, the Hosh is due for a comeback here I think.[/quote]

I must be missing something here. Who is HoshQ? What’s the story behind him? I’ve heard him mentioned a few times, but I don’t know much about him.

http://hoshq.com/

(I sure hope he sees more referrals from HTMF in his web server logs).

Dude that lived in Rupert for a little while. Geeky kinda guy of the same sort that frequent this site. Got into a whole bunch of heated arguments on here (I think it was ANBT one year ago that was the big one?), but wasn’t very good at proving a point.

MiG often called bullshit on him when he would make some sort of grand statement. He was actually immortalized in verb form (to pull a hoshq).

[quote]hoshq (n): dude that lived in Rupert briefly. big geek that drives a v-dub (I think)

hoshq (v): to defend an absurd conversational position by attempting to to change the subject to draw attention away from one’s original argument. Syn: “dodge” and “slide”.[/quote]

Although I suppose “to pull” is the verb, and the hoshq defense is actually a noun, but fuck you.

Hah, I said “buttfuck”.

You’re a clever boy, aren’t you Steve.

Actually you said buttfuck you.

I think he was coming onto you jesus. Or was he coming on you? Da dum dum ching.

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]

I must be missing something here. Who is HoshQ? What’s the story behind him? I’ve heard him mentioned a few times, but I don’t know much about him.[/quote]

He is also a pretty good photographer:

http://hoshq.com/d70/05yukon_btw/01.jpg

http://hoshq.com/d100/bestof/rupert/43.jpg

http://hoshq.com/d70/yukonfestivals05/79.jpg

Which got him some flak on this site for various reasons; one being about copyrights if I remember correctly. Boy I hope he doesn’t start complaining about linking to his pictures :wink: