Small town problems

Well yesterday morning I was worried. There was a murder here on the long weekend, particularly vicious. Word was the girl was gang raped, severely mutilated, drugs were involved, and up to four people were suspected but no one was talking. That’s what I heard from the victim’s sister and the woman who placed the call to police.
Our local paper had an article on ‘how lovely the memorial was’ and how our community stood together but only a paragraph on police investigation was ongoing. The PG paper was getting annoyed because RCMP were not saying anything. The rumours got to the point of ‘sexualty assulted with a knife’, witnesses afraid to talk, ‘everyone knows but the cops are doing nothing’…
Well yesterday someone told me that it was all BS. The woman had simply swallowed a dealer’s drugs so the slit her open to get them back.

WELL THAT’S DIFFERENT! Gee I was getting worried for my 17 yr old daughter’s safety! I guess this was just cost efficiency, it was easier to kill her and carve out the dope than waste 24 hrs until she shit it out!

We also had a young guy die at his stag. He was duct-taped to a chair with a funnel in his mouth and alcohol was poured down his throat until he ended up aspirating. RCMP are quoted in the paper as saying no foul play is suspected.

Common factor? BOTH VICTIMS WERE NATIVE and both happenned on the rez.

Come on people this is 2004 and I don’t want people treated differently because of their race or heritage or ‘cultural values’. It disgusts me in the same way that waiting until like 60 hookers were killed until the ball got rolling. People are people and the worst crime in the book is to kill people, regardless of their race, sex or occupation. Murderers are the scum of the earth, and NOT YOUR FRIENDS. You rat them out, like the dogs they are. Sometimes you have to have the balls to call them out EVEN IF THEY THREATEN YOU. There is NO HONOUR in keeping silent ONLY SHAME.

kudo’s for you!
Great post…
Murderers and child molesters ARE the scum of the earth.
Never forget that

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/ghost3xx/hosting%20pics/boondock04copy1copy.jpg

Do something about it then.

Neither of these tragedy’s have anything to do with the victims being native. Coincidence yes, but really, it could have happened to anyone of any race. The common denominator is merely poor judgement; poor judgement on the part of the girl for swallowing a junkies drugs, and on the part of the Grooms immature friends. People have to stop blaming their problems on their race and take responsibility for their own actions and realize that maybe things happen because of choices that they make and not because of the color of their skin!

Americans had it right with their natives.

I don’t think this should degenerate into another race oriented thread.

And I think that herbie’s point is that events like this seems to be less publicized when they happen to members of the first nations. Reasons for this were explored in a past threads. However, it is a very sad story and I think that it should be told as a testament to how ruthless the drug scene can get.

speaking of drugs…:unamused:

Did they say what kind of drugs she swallowed?

Please don’t imply that I blame the victims becasue of their race. I’m trying to point out that when natives complain about unequal respect, this is an example. If the victims were white, it would’ve been on CTV news as a lead story.
These were people that I knew and saw everyday, that my kids knew. I’m not claiming any bias on the part of the cops either, I just want to make sure that justice gets done, equal and regardless. Look at the numbers that Pickton and the Green River killer chalked up. No one paid attention because they were ‘hookers’. Judge people all you want, but you can’t kill them or ignore justice for them because you don’t ‘like’ them.
There are problems on the rez like alcohol, drug and family abuse. And increasing AIDS. THe bands are getting it together to change this, as no one can deny they have the same right to liberty as anyone else. It is foolish to sweep things under the rug.
What I am concerned with is this is an example of the underlying rot that infects our whole town. Prominent citizens with ethics of a rat, who’d deny stuff happens or pooh=poohs it as insignificant. A vast majority completely hostile to education of any form, passing their beliefs on to their kids. Attitudes that result in peer pressure that says ‘girls need to beat on each other to be cool’, boys need to hate their best friend once they get to high school because he’s native, someone with a criminal record is ‘cool’, and “I’m hip because I’m 14 and wear low-riders and a belly button stud when it’s -30 outside”. DUMB

I didn’t imply that and I totally understood the point you were making. I am just trying to avoid the posts to become hateful towards any groups. Then someone would have to start deleting posts or lock the forum.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Please don’t imply that I blame the victims becasue of their race. I’m trying to point out that when natives complain about unequal respect, this is an example. If the victims were white, it would’ve been on CTV news as a lead story.
These were people that I knew and saw everyday, that my kids knew. I’m not claiming any bias on the part of the cops either, I just want to make sure that justice gets done, equal and regardless. Look at the numbers that Pickton and the Green River killer chalked up. No one paid attention because they were ‘hookers’. Judge people all you want, but you can’t kill them or ignore justice for them because you don’t ‘like’ them.
There are problems on the rez like alcohol, drug and family abuse. And increasing AIDS. THe bands are getting it together to change this, as no one can deny they have the same right to liberty as anyone else. It is foolish to sweep things under the rug.
What I am concerned with is this is an example of the underlying rot that infects our whole town. Prominent citizens with ethics of a rat, who’d deny stuff happens or pooh=poohs it as insignificant. A vast majority completely hostile to education of any form, passing their beliefs on to their kids. Attitudes that result in peer pressure that says ‘girls need to beat on each other to be cool’, boys need to hate their best friend once they get to high school because he’s native, someone with a criminal record is ‘cool’, and “I’m hip because I’m 14 and wear low-riders and a belly button stud when it’s -30 outside”. DUMB[/quote]

Or are you just behind the times? Don’t be so arrogant to assume that you are any more mature than any of the kids in question. You did things that your parents’ generation didn’t approve of.