Slow speeds>>>shitty west

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]Yesterday we got a call from Citywest. It was an old Automated messaging system informing us we were in violation of downloading multiple files to our computer.

My mom, not knowing wtf they were talking about, hung up because she doesn’t know how to download anything.

Haa, we phoned Citywest back they said someone compromised their network and is using their phone number to make ‘prank’ calls.[/quote]

Fail

I’m getting about 4.3Mbps so it’s ok but why doesn’t CityWest have higher speeds available? downloading movies off of iTunes takes LONG even with their fastest, which isn’t that fast by todays standards. With Shaw you get 10Mbps at the same price with CityWest charges for 5Mbps half the speed at the same price, CityWest needs to provide us with faster speeds and adjust their pricing.
I like to support them and keep my money local, which then hires people in town but they need to keep up with the times and offering us 5Mbps as their fastest plan for us is kinda a joke at this point, I don’t see why they can’t up their speeds. I would think places like the Port and Ridley would need faster speeds than 5Mbps and many business would like the faster speeds as well. Overall I’m happy with CityWest, I have their digital cable and internet(DSL) with little issues but come on guys lets up our speeds here.

I’m getting about 4.3Mbps so it’s ok but why doesn’t CityWest have higher speeds available? downloading movies off of iTunes takes LONG even with their fastest, which isn’t that fast by todays standards. With Shaw you get 10Mbps at the same price with CityWest charges for 5Mbps half the speed at the same price, CityWest needs to provide us with faster speeds and adjust their pricing.
I like to support them and keep my money local, which then hires people in town but they need to keep up with the times and offering us 5Mbps as their fastest plan for us is kinda a joke at this point, I don’t see why they can’t up their speeds. I would think places like the Port and Ridley would need faster speeds than 5Mbps and many business would like the faster speeds as well. Overall I’m happy with CityWest, I have their digital cable and internet(DSL) with little issues but come on guys lets up our speeds here.

there should just be another internet company in town. this is ridiculous, plus when u have problems with the connection it takes about two weeks for a tech to come to your house. id rather have shaw or telus, city west is horrible. Plus i’ll be amazed if this message even gets posted my internet takes about a minute to get to a page atm…

Prince rupert doesnt need another provider they just need to sell citywest to a company with the motivation and financial backing to run it properly.

If the management in place at CityWest lack motivation then maybe a better plan would be to replace them with a more motivated management group?. They do seem to lack behind and need to be more aggressive, no iPhone yet has really hurt them, I know so many that have switched just because of the iPhone. It’s going to be hard for them to get those customers back when their locked into 3 year contracts with option to upgrade their iPhone on the 2nd year.
Internet speeds are dumb here, they should be faster, awhile ago. They didn’t upgrade their cell serves until Rogers came to town and forced them to do something. I like that we have our city benefiting from the profits of this serves, I believe they benefit? haven’t followed up too much on it. Overall I’m happy with CityWest and I like the idea that it’s local if it lost that I wouldn’t have a problem switching, although if Shaw internet came into town I’d strongly consider the move to up my bloodily internet speeds.

[quote=“brah”]

If the management in place at CityWest lack motivation then maybe a better plan would be to replace them with a more motivated management group?. They do seem to lack behind and need to be more aggressive, no iPhone yet has really hurt them, I know so many that have switched just because of the iPhone. It’s going to be hard for them to get those customers back when their locked into 3 year contracts with option to upgrade their iPhone on the 2nd year.
Internet speeds are dumb here, they should be faster, awhile ago. They didn’t upgrade their cell serves until Rogers came to town and forced them to do something. I like that we have our city benefiting from the profits of this serves, I believe they benefit? haven’t followed up too much on it. Overall I’m happy with CityWest and I like the idea that it’s local if it lost that I wouldn’t have a problem switching, although if Shaw internet came into town I’d strongly consider the move to up my bloodily internet speeds.[/quote]

The city most certainly does NOT benefit from citywest. Just look at the forgiven debt of Millions…

[quote=“jesus”]

Internet speeds are dumb here, they should be faster, awhile ago. They didn’t upgrade their cell serves until Rogers came to town and forced them to do something. I like that we have our city benefiting from the profits of this serves, I believe they benefit? haven’t followed up too much on it. Overall I’m happy with CityWest and I like the idea that it’s local if it lost that I wouldn’t have a problem switching, although if Shaw internet came into town I’d strongly consider the move to up my bloodily internet speeds.
The city most certainly does NOT benefit from citywest. Just look at the forgiven debt of Millions…[/quote]

Yeah, I haven’t followed that at all, I thought they did? or it didn’t hurt the city in the end. If CityWest is profiting that’s beneficial, I’d look at the forgiven million dollar debt but I don’t know where to find it?.

[quote=“brah”]

Yeah, I haven’t followed that at all, I thought they did? or it didn’t hurt the city in the end. If CityWest is profiting that’s beneficial, I’d look at the forgiven million dollar debt but I don’t know where to find it?.[/quote]

PAGING MIG

Still waiting for them to fix there bandwidth issues out of town.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1748523329.png

In town is just fine but what good is that?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1748528054.png

Watching a Youtube video is what really hurts!

There must be something seriously wrong out of town bandwidth tonight as this is my speed from work.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1748553842.png

Note the upload speed compared to the download. They should be the same.

My interwebz speed returned to normal this morning. I did notice a slow down the last few days.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1749709872.png

Speed in the Abbotsford cheesy motel we’re in.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1749709872.png

Speed in the Abbotsford cheesy motel we’re in.[/quote]

So free hotel internet speeds is still faster than 2 of the 3 DSL speed options we have here?

Yep. Just like everywhere else (smack!).
The motel’s probably got a 6 Mb connection in order to pull that from a wireless link in one this size.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Yep. Just like everywhere else (smack!).
The motel’s probably got a 6 Mb connection in order to pull that from a wireless link in one this size.[/quote]

Just like everywhere else? I’ve lived in other cities and had much better internet options, hard being use to 20mbps at $55 a month to 5mbps at $45. As a customer I don’t think it’s out of reach to be disappointed that higher speeds aren’t available, I understand they’re planning on bringing higher speeds this year? which can’t come fast enough.

for about 4 months 7 11 speakout (rogers) had all ports opens, and it was faster then citywest, i was geting 1mg uploads. but since they closed all ports down again its about 500kbits. had my iphone tethered to comp when citywest was having bad days…lol… but the marrage is now over since only port 80 works now…

Ok, Citywest’s out of town broadband supplier must be throttling us in the evenings because the mornings look good.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1751561875.png

Decent speed this morning.

Rogers says it will stop throttling the internet by the end of the year:

cbc.ca/news/technology/story … ml?cmp=rss

Aren’t they nice guys?