Skateboarders! Get off the roads..Aaaargh!

skateboarders and long boarders do it again… so I’m walking my dog along the sidewalk by the video store Mcbride and 1st ave. 2 skateboarders are coming down the hill, one fat kid with a helmet and black gloves the other kid a skinny dweeb wearing a blue hoddie. So anyways as these kids are coming down the hill on their boards and there is a van coming up 1st ave towards the museum. These kids do not stop one bit, but cut into the lane of the van, the van slams on his brakes nearly hitting the fat kid, what does the fat kid do next, throws his arms in the air like its the vans fault. So they keep on pushing their boards up the hill and i keep walking, (wishing the fat kid got it for his stupidity, or maybe the van would have got it and the fat kid walks away) as i get up to the fire hall i see these kids again STOPPED by where all the cabbies park and they are pretty much standing in the oncoming lane talking, while making the oncoming cars pull away from them. I see is the fat kid again drinking a pop and eating what i assume was a chocolate bar, he throws the pop can on the ground and tosses his wrapper along with it, right in the middle of the street?? there is two trash cans right there, one on each side of the street. These fucking kids have no respect for us and their city. I sure wish their parents new this, maybe they do and don’t care cause their kids have learned nothing in life from them. Don’t come crying the blues that your kid is in a wheelchair or have a broken leg etc. In my opinion we should be able to run these fucker’s over maybe they will learn after their first encounter with a car, SUV or bus… there’s my 2 cents
i hope their parents are reading this

Just keep a hand full of gravel in ur pocket. When u hear the noisy skate board wheels rolling ur way, empty ur pocket all around you. Skate boarder force field. Use the force young Jedi’s.

[quote=“stinkyfeet”]skateboarders and long boarders do it again… so I’m walking my dog along the sidewalk by the video store Mcbride and 1st ave. 2 skateboarders are coming down the hill, one fat kid with a helmet and black gloves the other kid a skinny dweeb wearing a blue hoddie. So anyways as these kids are coming down the hill on their boards and there is a van coming up 1st ave towards the museum. These kids do not stop one bit, but cut into the lane of the van, the van slams on his brakes nearly hitting the fat kid, what does the fat kid do next, throws his arms in the air like its the vans fault. So they keep on pushing their boards up the hill and i keep walking, (wishing the fat kid got it for his stupidity, or maybe the van would have got it and the fat kid walks away) as i get up to the fire hall i see these kids again STOPPED by where all the cabbies park and they are pretty much standing in the oncoming lane talking, while making the oncoming cars pull away from them. I see is the fat kid again drinking a pop and eating what i assume was a chocolate bar, he throws the pop can on the ground and tosses his wrapper along with it, right in the middle of the street?? there is two trash cans right there, one on each side of the street. These fucking kids have no respect for us and their city. I sure wish their parents new this, maybe they do and don’t care cause their kids have learned nothing in life from them. Don’t come crying the blues that your kid is in a wheelchair or have a broken leg etc. In my opinion we should be able to run these fucker’s over maybe they will learn after their first encounter with a car, SUV or bus… there’s my 2 cents
i hope their parents are reading this[/quote]

I think I saw this same “fat kid” yesterday while I was stopped at the red light on 3rd and McBride. This kid (with pop in hand) was coming down McBride towards the 3rd Ave intersection in the on-coming line, right into on-coming traffic…the car next to me nearly missed him as we proceeded through the greern light and the kid just fingered the driver, turned and started to zoom up 3rd Ave…AGAIN in the on-coming lane.

Did his mother huff paint when she was pregnant cause WTF would possess someone to skateboard in the middle of the road of on-coming traffic - nearly get killed - and then continue to do it again on another street.

This kid is asking for a death wish at this point.

[quote=“bthedog”]

[quote=“stinkyfeet”]skateboarders and long boarders do it again… so I’m walking my dog along the sidewalk by the video store Mcbride and 1st ave. 2 skateboarders are coming down the hill, one fat kid with a helmet and black gloves the other kid a skinny dweeb wearing a blue hoddie. So anyways as these kids are coming down the hill on their boards and there is a van coming up 1st ave towards the museum. These kids do not stop one bit, but cut into the lane of the van, the van slams on his brakes nearly hitting the fat kid, what does the fat kid do next, throws his arms in the air like its the vans fault. So they keep on pushing their boards up the hill and i keep walking, (wishing the fat kid got it for his stupidity, or maybe the van would have got it and the fat kid walks away) as i get up to the fire hall i see these kids again STOPPED by where all the cabbies park and they are pretty much standing in the oncoming lane talking, while making the oncoming cars pull away from them. I see is the fat kid again drinking a pop and eating what i assume was a chocolate bar, he throws the pop can on the ground and tosses his wrapper along with it, right in the middle of the street?? there is two trash cans right there, one on each side of the street. These fucking kids have no respect for us and their city. I sure wish their parents new this, maybe they do and don’t care cause their kids have learned nothing in life from them. Don’t come crying the blues that your kid is in a wheelchair or have a broken leg etc. In my opinion we should be able to run these fucker’s over maybe they will learn after their first encounter with a car, SUV or bus… there’s my 2 cents
i hope their parents are reading this[/quote]

I think I saw this same “fat kid” yesterday while I was stopped at the red light on 3rd and McBride. This kid (with pop in hand) was coming down McBride towards the 3rd Ave intersection in the on-coming line, right into on-coming traffic…the car next to me nearly missed him as we proceeded through the greern light and the kid just fingered the driver, turned and started to zoom up 3rd Ave…AGAIN in the on-coming lane.

Did his mother huff paint when she was pregnant cause WTF would possess someone to skateboard in the middle of the road of on-coming traffic - nearly get killed - and then continue to do it again on another street.

This kid is asking for a death wish at this point.[/quote]

Did the “fat kid” have blonde hair and have on a black helmet? I saw him too on Park Avenue with about 5 others. At least he’s not tossing ice-balls at vehicles on the McBride bridge, if he’s taunting traffic on a long board… just a bigger death sentence. Just sayin.

I saw that happen today. There was three of them total, one of the other dipshits layed back-down on his board and went down the hill from Mariner’s Park to Atlin terminal about 8 feet behind a vehicle. Holding his hand to supposedly “control the entire world with his super1337 hand.”

If that vehicle had braked, we would have seen an ambulance trying to pry a burnt kid out from under a car’s hot exhaust system.

God, someone do us a favor and hit one of these kids or call their parents. lol

OMG! The RCMP is outside my house right now and they just put one of the dipshits in cuffs and in the back of the cruiser! Fatso and 2 other friends are still standing around trying to explain why what they do isn’t illegal and stupid. SO AWESOME! i hope they haul them all in.

I do the believe the world has seen true justice today, then.

I guess there must be a “herd” of them out there as we were coming home and passing through Cow bay around 8:45PM, a bunch of them were gearing up for a fun night ahead! Guy in a red shirt and black helmet and a couple of other morons! There are a couple boarding up and down 11th.east as I type! Damn, pisses off my cats! !

After reading this I have to thank HTMF for not being around for my peers to bitch about my childish activities when I was a teen growing up in this town. These are kids. You were a kid. You did stupid things too. You learned your lessons, well I hope so, cause otherwise you wouldn’t be here bitching. Sure ya, skateboarding down 3rd ave is dangerous and I don’t condon it but these are kids and havnt grown that part in there brain that assesses risk. Maybe the RCMP sould take there boards away if they are causing so much traffic disturbances in our downtown rez. That’s what would have happened to me growing up.

MadMax http://i.imgur.com/jt97T76.gif

[quote=“MEMEPOSTER5000”]

MadMax http://i.imgur.com/jt97T76.gif[/quote]

Hehe :smile:

I keep seeing you all sitting in rocking chairs on your front porch, holding shotguns. “get off my roads you lousy hoodlum skaters.”

lulz

Young men taking risks - actually we need them to - and long-boarding down McBride is essentially practice.
Its our men we expect to take the big chances…fix Chernobyl, fight wars, log, fish, weld and run pipelines (God forbid!), fly seaplanes, put out toxic fires and…" wake up honey, can you go check that bad sound outside?" I could go on.

Rather than confiscation and arrest, maybe we could redirect these energetic spirits. Teach them to run a chainsaw, run a boat, juggle flaming torches, really learn to drive anything. Honour their growing up.

By the way the boy with the helmet is the courageous one because he is even defying his friends who disdain such safety measures.

These 2 boys do not care if traffic is coming towards them they just move to the other lane on mcbride that is highway 16. 1 has headphones on too. We had to basically stop so that he could move out of our way. Come on common sense. Be careful on the roads.