Shots Fired

Just heard about it. Anyone know more?

Wow… that was a helpful post. Perhaps you might share with us what YOU heard?..lol

Mike

Janies got a gun.

Apparently there were 2 incidents tonight where shots were fired. One in the 100 block of PRB and another in the 1400 block of 7th east. The one on 7th east happened earlier in the evening, and the PRB was around 7 or 8 or so I think.

We were going to my in-laws for New Years last night shortly after 8 and they wouldn’t let us turn on to 7th from Frederick to get there. like we usually do. We did see three cop cars, but we didn’t know what was happening. That’s all I know.

?asdfasd

Did u read smartass’ post?

I know Who did it and where and why

Annnnnnnd it was in the Daily News last week.

[quote=“smartass”]

Annnnnnnd it was in the Daily News last week.[/quote]

Would you care to enlighten those of us who can’t buy the Daily News?

Or don’t?

Buy the Daily News, that is.

Never mind The Daily News , just go and have a coffee at Tim Horton’s , I know someone will fill you in with the latest gossip.

Well, it’s a bit of a long plane ride for me…

Daily News Weds January 4th

Men facing several charges following alleged incidents

Papi Devost, 34, appeared in Prince Rupert Provincial Court yesterday on seven charges related to an alleged struggle with police on New Year's Eve.  Devost has been charged with two counts of assault, two counts of assaulting a peace officer, one count of assault with a weapon, one count of discharging a firearm with intent and one count of disarming a peace officer.  He is currently in custody and was scheduled to appear in court again this morning.

In Vancouver, a Prince Rupert resident facing a number of charges from an alleged shooting incident on the Capilano Indian Reserve early on New Year’s Day has been identified as Giang Tan Tran, 24.

Tran faces charges of possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes, assault with a weapon and unauthorized possession (of a firearm) in a motor vehicle. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years inprisonment, although the maximum is rarely handed out. Charges of attempted murder and unauthorized possession of a firearm have been stayed by Crown Counsel. Tran has been remanded into custody and appears in court again on Thursday. Leslie James Miller, 23, of Burnaby, and Yung Tuan Lam, 25, of Vancouver were also charged in the incident.

Basically, cops were called to a dispute in a home, and the man became irate when the officer arrived. The officer and the man got into a scuffle, backup was called, and somehow the man got ahold of the officer’s gun, shot away from the officer, something riccocheted and hit the officer in the foot, breaking a toe. The 2nd officer to arrive ended up with a broken wrist.

Now that I think about it, I was having dinner at my folks’ place on New Year’s Eve, and in the mid-evening, we heard two cracks, and assumed that some people were lighting off there fireworks a little early.

They live only a few hundred metres from the 100 block of PRB.

[quote=“Eso”]Now that I think about it, I was having dinner at my folks’ place on New Year’s Eve, and in the mid-evening, we heard two cracks, and assumed that some people were lighting off there fireworks a little early.

They live only a few hundred metres from the 100 block of PRB.[/quote]

Yeah… the one on PRB was apparently heard as far away as 5th east.

The story above is from the incidient at the house beside George Casey Park on 7th.

I believe the first crack you heard was: “Steve, I said pass the cheese, not cut it!”

And the second crack was: “You might want to wipe that dirt off your upper lip.”
:laughing: