Sewing hel-p

.1)Where is the bulk of the fabric placed when sewing a seam,
.2)When sewing your sweatshirt shoulder seam whatr sides of the fabric were together.
.3) Explain how to replace a needle in 6 directions.
.4) When starting to sew a seam what should be lowered first; the needle or the presser foot.

Maybe you should have been paying attention in class instead.

How many people on here do you think know how to sew?

i wasnt there that time annd she said there was no notes

i think its the presser foot… not the needle… that gets lowered first

but i duno, this was yeeears ago

you guys learned about sewing in class??? as in school???
wow…all i ever learned is how to conjugate verbs in french and how to use the pythagorean theorem to find the area of a triangle.

im moving to canada

When I was in high school, every single person in Grade 8 had to take 1 sewing class, and 1 cooking class.

when i was in the eigth grade (not too long ago) there was no such thing as a sewing class or a cooking class. I never heard anyone request it tho.

basically…if you knew how to sew…people just made fun of you

Are you sure Ese? I thought you only had to take one or the other. I know I only took sewing. Unless I just smoked away the memory of cooking class…

Hmm… I hope I didn’t accidentally take both. Cooking sucked, but sewing was awesome.

I’m not sure man. I could have been high that quarter or something. In fact, I probably was. I just really don’t remember cooking. But in sewing class I made a dope pair of shorts that I lost in a drunken stupor at the first cabin.

[quote=“Buck’N’Burn”]you guys learned about sewing in class??? as in school???
wow…all i ever learned is how to conjugate verbs in french and how to use the pythagorean theorem to find the area of a triangle.

im moving to canada[/quote]

You learnt how to conjugate French verbs in highschool outside of Canada? And maybe your school didnt have cooking or sewing classes, but I’m sure you had home economics.

i took french in high school

and i dont remember a home ec class…there was a wood working class, though i never took it.

[quote=“Buck’N’Burn”]i took french in high school

and i dont remember a home ec class…there was a wood working class, though i never took it.[/quote]

Your icon looks like george bush.

I had to take both sewing and cooking. I had a blast in cooking, but I think we made the teacher cry… My only memory from sewing class was the teacher yelling at me for “racing” I got an A because my sweater was actually somewhat wearable… if one arm was longer than the other.

Ahahah yes! I so remember racing. Heh, and ppl eating ingriedients for fun in cooking class.

I remember a certain person eating dish soap muffins :laughing: turns out they were better than our groups :frowning: and not soapy at all.

The bulk of the fabric should be placed to the left of the needle so that you can use the throat plate as a guide for your seam allowances.

The right sides of the fabric.

can’t help you here, I just do it and don’t think I take 6 steps. Okay, maybe I don’t change my needles enough.

the presser foot.

good, that was what i was aiming for.

Looks a lil more intelligent though.

i wonder if some one makes one of the home ec teachers cry every year - in my grade 8 year, one of them started crying too

i thought it was (at chss anyway) that we had to take a cooking and a sewing class in grade 8 and one more home ec class (so one or the other) in grade 9 too…?

i remember one group in my grade 8 cooking class made these cookies where they put in about half a bottle of dish soap, the whole shaker of salt and egg shells. they surprisingly looked like normal cookies in the end…

[quote=“habert”]i wonder if some one makes one of the home ec teachers cry every year - in my grade 8 year, one of them started crying too

i thought it was (at chss anyway) that we had to take a cooking and a sewing class in grade 8 and one more home ec class (so one or the other) in grade 9 too…?

i remember one group in my grade 8 cooking class made these cookies where they put in about half a bottle of dish soap, the whole shaker of salt and egg shells. they surprisingly looked like normal cookies in the end…[/quote]

What year did you graduate? 2000?