Severe Shortage of Eligible Men in Rupert-

lol poor Rupert young women.

I think you’ll have to go for the older dudes which there are more of in Rupert.

LOL thanks for fulfilling mmy expectations that I’d find sommething a hilarious post by signing into HTML today!
Certainly there are mmen with hearts of gold living in PR. It takes timme to get to know people. The idea of people expecting their (romantic) prospects to lead to mmeaningful relationships after a few dates freaks mme out!

[quote=“Shoelaces”]And not that we’re against homosexual men (at all) or that we’d hate you if you do pot or coke occasionally- it’s just not a part of our lifestyles- nor do we want it to be and we don’t want to have to settle for it.
That is a very strange quote - particularly the ending … (we don’t want to have to settle for it.) The probability of homosexual mmen being straightened out is unlikely. What is specifically mmost disturbing is the ‘coke’ reference. Nobody is perfect but it’s understandable that there are ‘deal breakers’.
BTW-The ‘boom’ of the 80’s (Ridley Island beginnings) was a prostitute’s paradise.

[/quote]

: Very true! Additionally - Prince Charming was nearby all along but unrealistic expectations blind people to that.
Male or female - we are all human with a little roughness about the edges no mmatter who we are.
isabelydancer00

Sure, if you want a good laugh.

[quote=“Adelita”]

Sure, if you want a good laugh.[/quote]

I met my current boyfriend on POF. It’s not THAT horrible.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

Sure, if you want a good laugh.

I met my current boyfriend on POF. It’s not THAT horrible.[/quote]

Actually, I met a couple of interesting people there too, after weeding out the “6’ tall” guys who were in fact shorter than me, and the “single” husband of a woman I work with.

www.adultfriendfinder.com

Single Straight Male 32 yrs. Full time professional. Educated. Empty 2100 Sq.Ft. nest. Never married. No children. I am feeling the same way. Hit me up for a chat.

I thought I would mention that I’m eligible, have a good job, keep fit but don’t know anyone as I’m not from around here. Just moved recently but it’s hard to meet anyone in this town…most people who are stable and have a good job are taken and I don’t like to go out by myself…I’m sure there are a few out there in the same situation…forget plenty of fish…it’s free and you get all the loosers unless you get very lucky

[quote=“jesus”]Allow me: You’re looking for the end of the rainbow and you will never get there. But sometimes one appears and its pretty close. Its not exactly what you want but its close and available to you.

Sorry I’m married.[/quote]

Also, for those of you keeping score at home, that was my first HTMF post since March of last year.

[quote=“Eso”]

[quote=“jesus”]Allow me: You’re looking for the end of the rainbow and you will never get there. But sometimes one appears and its pretty close. Its not exactly what you want but its close and available to you.

Sorry I’m married.[/quote]

Also, for those of you keeping score at home, that was my first HTMF post since March of last year.[/quote]

Good to see you again, Eso! :smile:

It’s hard enough already to find someone who is the appropriate match for yourself and your lifestyle, but I believe the task is a bit harder living in prince rupert. The men posting here are claiming single women have a much easier chance of meeting someone… Well, I’m a single 25 yr old female with no kids who has lived here her whole life and sure, meeting men isnt a problem… but if you arnt looking for a slime ball, gaming addict and/or a heavy drinker/drug user then the the sea for fishing gets fairly unappealing. I’ve come to realize that rupert has a lot of dependant men and woman, not many that have the ability to be an equal but I guess all the good men are doing what the good girls do, stay in.

You should try to get out. Honestly, I couldn’t imagine spending my single early 20’s in Prince Rupert. Some people will take offense to that, but you don’t get a do-over. If the pool of people is as you describe then you have to take action or forever regret not doing so.

Oh I’m a busy person, I do “get out” but whats awful is everyone associates a “good time” with getting drunk… not always the case.

I think Crazy is saying leave Rupert for your 20’s.

Speaking as someone who has left Rupert for their 20’s but is planning on returning, I definitely agree that finding people who’s lives don’t seem to revolve around the weekend party cycle can be tough, but they are out there. With a lower population base it’s just a bit harder to run into them.

That being said, I think if you’re looking for people with common interests you’re going to have to be very pro-active. Whatever your hobbies are, I’m sure if you mention you’re looking for other people to pursue them with you’ll be able to pick up some names. When I’ve been back in town I’ve taken the chance to get in contact with people to get out and do things and it’s amazing how many people express the same frustration about finding others that are interested.

Truer words were never spoken on htmf A good time always seems to revolve around getting drunck in Rupert.

Yes i agree that finding people that live outside that realm of thinking is tough, but many new people bring some hope that possibly having a good time does not always mean getting drunck.

I’d like to point out, on behalf of the “gossiping women” enjoying coffee at Cow’s, that we are visiting with each other In Person. This computer stuff is great but…Tuesday, CBC Radio on “Q” Jian will interview Giles Slade, writer of “The Big Disconnect”. While we have all these social media gadgets, or whatever you call them, there is a loneliness yet to be solved.
I will gossip with the women at Cow’s more (again, In Person) and see if we can’t offer some assistance to all you nice young people. It would be a real shame if you left town.

Wow- thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies. I know I am not alone- but it’s nice to be reminded of that sometimes- in writing!

To address a few points- personally I am intimidated by online dating. I am scared it is messing with destiny or fate in some ways. But I understand it is becoming more and more popular.

I completely agree with “wind-chime”- I would love to be a “gossiping woman” at cows everyday of the week. I don’t have a huge circle of close friends to do that with in town… though I too have lived here my entire life! I blame it on people coming and going so often. Though of course that can be a good thing too- all these new people to town.

cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/Q/ID/2325684756/

This is the link Wind-chime was referring to. I do think all these new ways of communication block us out from the physical world- and personally I have a some issues with it all. ( too much time online, etc.)

Yes, my generation has a tough go of it- especially in Rupert it seems. We face the transient society here, new technology distractions like the internet and phones that can disconnect us from physical reality, and the awkwardness around that all.

My fingers are crossed that ( even with the apparent shortage) my man comes along- and that your person does too. We all deserve it- though, again, things like drugs, alcohol, and technology addictions, can play a huge barrier in finding the one- I’m sure. Then again, we all have our own issues, we’re human.

I do believe there is something special about the people who have decided to “tough it out” in Rupert. There is the weather, economy, loneliness, depression, and much more to combat- often with little solutions or help available. That said, I love the independence here. I love that I don’t feel like I’m living in the real world. It’s made for me- or I am made for this place. I love the nature, the isolation, the uniqueness, and mystery of the Northwest area.

I will wait a while longer for fate or destiny to step in- and if it doesn’t happen- perhaps I will return to hackingthemainframe.com and try and organize a Box Social or something else old fashioned for all us young-in’s to give a try. I hope to go travelling again this summer and maybe I’ll finally find “the one” on the road- I’ll be the lucky one!

Once again all the best. There’s the running club to join, the pool to hang out at, and events to organize. Here’s hoping we can all branch out a bit more and meet one another. It’s a new year- kick the alcohol- quit or cut back on the drugs- spend less time on the computer and more time in the community.

And that’s all I have to say for now.

Good luck everyone- you live here you must be strong and worth someones heart!

I have lived in Northern BC now since 1994. I was recently single when I came. I tried a lot difference strategies and did a lot of thinking about what seemed to be the lack of good women a.k.a. women that you would like to have kids with, not just try to have kids.

I decided one of the problems was my age. I was in my 40’s and the pool of available women or men is very dependent on your age group. For example, much as I might fantasize about someone in their mid 20’s the reality of it would like sleeping with my daughter. My analyse of the situation was like this:

The Pool at 18-25

It seemed to me, and it still does, that the pool of people is at its largest snd best selection when you are in your late teens early 20s. Not too many people have taken themselves out of the pool. By the time you are in your middle twenties, alot of people have coupled up, gotten married and started having kids. If they are lucky, these people will never re-enter the pool.

The Pool at 26 - 35

By the time you are thirty some people will have re-entered the pool due to broken relationships and carry resultant baggage. Sadly others in the pool simply are not that immediately attractive. However, others in the pool that you might find physically attractive are are pretty used to having things their way… their TV, their couch, their holiday destination, their career. Often they aren’t very good at compromise and negotiation in their personal life.

Many of the available people will also have childern from previous relationships. Others, usually guys, have had checkered careers and/or chemical addictions. If you are in this age group, pick the person whose parents are still together in a good relationship. This person has had good parental role models both for raising children and for living in a harmonious relationship. Also, health, and intelligence lasts longer than looks that fade.

the Pool at 35 - 45

Even less people in the pool. Teenage step children, parents beginning to age, divorcees, previous abusive relationships. Not too many left who don’t have at least a few emotional scars. Reconsider your expectations. A six foot jerk is still a six foot jerk. If you are lucky might meet someone whose spouse of 20 years has died. Being afraid to really commit to a relationship can be a problem - you might lose half of everything you have if the relationship goes sideways. Pre-nuptial agreements are however, I think, a lousy way to start a relationship.

the Pool at 46 - +

Pretty skinny pickings. Find someone with a dead spouse.

Finally, when I stopped looking I met a woman who had also stopped looking. We are still together and trying to contribute our 110% to the relationship ( we have found that if you think you are contributing 110% your partner is thinking “when is s/he going to get off the couch”).

Best of luck. A good relationship is worth the effort and commitment!

Just wanted to give seekers a heads up-

Saturday, March 9th, at 7pm- there will be a concert at the Lester Centre-

You never know- you may meet new friends, have a good time, or even meet “the one!”-

I do believe there will be a good, fun crowd attending- as the leading band- King Crow and the Ladies from Hell- are all that and more-

Personally, I feel proud that a group like them has come from the north- and try and see them whenever possible-

Anyways-

Instead of hitting the bars ( right away)- have a change of pace- and come down for this concert- it’s on facebook as the event “Celtic Night with King Crow and the Ladies from Hell” -

Again, the band is cool and there should be lot’s of cool people attending too!

Fingers crossed for everyone- hope you’ve been able to enjoy the great weather we’ve been having!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F81dalLJPKQ)

“Forget your troubles and dance”- Bob Marley. Its time to step out in Rupert at the Commadore of the North…the Moose Hall! Hardwood floor and great acoustics.

Teddy Keehn and the Surfin’ Dudes will be playing Saturday May 4th. Its a benefit for the Moose service club to repair the inside of the hall, now that the roof is done. The Surfin’ Dudes play top 100 from 60’s and 70’s.

Imagine the prairies in 1930. My great aunt was asked to dance by a handsome man. They danced but she thought since she danced so badly that he would never ask her again. Well, he did and they danced together the rest of their long, happy lives. Maybe that will happen to you… imagine Rupert 2013…

Tickets available at Teddy’s, $10.00 each