Serial killer Clifford Olson dying of cancer

Reports from Quebec have it that convicted serial killer Clifford Robert Olson is dying of cancer, apparently with but days or weeks to live.

cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLo … ID=1541280

Good…I can’t think of a more deserving person.

I hope it’s weeks, and painful. Bastard deserves it.

Judgement day just around the corner it seems . Talking about Preditors in ones neighbourhood . Meet your maker.

I agree !!!

What a shame, I would have rather Olsen get killed by a rusty spoon by some other inmate 30 years ago !

The fact that us hard working taxpayers payed for some child killer’s food and accomadations for 30 years is very sad, theres alot better things they could have spent those 100’s of thousands on.

won’t affect my day one way or the other meh

huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/2 … 74293.html

theglobeandmail.com/news/nat … 2174461/th

I can’t imagine being a family member of one of Olsen’s victims. The people quoted in the Globe and Mail just want it to end and I can’t blame them. Not only did Olsen murder a loved one he was a constant manipulator of the system and the families could never find relief.

The responses of the families of the two victims in the huffingtonpost article are less understandable.

In one, the person being executed committed the most heinous of crimes and is totally unrepentant yet the family of the victim wants his life spared. They see no value in the execution for their sakes. Their loved one is dead. Rationally that makes sense, but I’m not sure I could be that rational.

In the other case, despite all the questions about the man’s guilt, the family of the victim wants the execution to proceed because it has been something they have been waiting for, that his death will somehow give them closure or satisfaction. Given all the doubt, I am not sure how the execution can give them anything.

[quote=“DWhite”]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/21/troy-davis-and-lawrence-b_n_974293.html

theglobeandmail.com/news/nat … 2174461/th

I can’t imagine being a family member of one of Olsen’s victims. The people quoted in the Globe and Mail just want it to end and I can’t blame them. Not only did Olsen murder a loved one he was a constant manipulator of the system and the families could never find relief.

The responses of the families of the two victims in the huffingtonpost article are less understandable.

In one, the person being executed committed the most heinous of crimes and is totally unrepentant yet the family of the victim wants his life spared. They see no value in the execution for their sakes. Their loved one is dead. Rationally that makes sense, but I’m not sure I could be that rational.

In the other case, despite all the questions about the man’s guilt, the family of the victim wants the execution to proceed because it has been something they have been waiting for, that his death will somehow give them closure or satisfaction. Given all the doubt, I am not sure how the execution can give them anything.[/quote]

As horrible as everything is. I hope if I was ever thrust into a situation like that, I’d be able to forgive the person. Not for his sake, but for my own. To hold onto that hate and anger for the rest of my life just seems like alot of effort to put towards someone so horrible, and not worth the effort. I’d hope I would just want to move on, and let go. Having him dead isn’t going to help if the families haven’t let go of their grief.

Reports from Quebec have it that Olson has died.

ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca … lumbiaHome

Good Made My Day