Sears Complaint

[quote=“BigThumb”]
That’s the second time you mention the newspaper.  Now i’m thinking that you work for them. :smile:  [/quote]

No, it’s because he’s the PUNISHER!  If you’ve been reading the newspaper, you’d realize all the evil that’s going on in the world, and the “work” he has to do is to go out and “punish” all those evildoers to rid the world of EVIL!  :smiley:

:confused: ok ok ok  :imp: you all seem to be missing the point!!! it’s the poor service and the lack of respect that this is about. ya so some of you have spent $2,000.00 ruff about well fantastic we have spent about $30,000.00-$40,000.00 if not more over the last 20+ years as customers so we got you beat if good service is based on dollars and if it’s based on years shopping there got most of you beat if not all of you again!!! if you need it spelled out for you here it is:
you do not lie to the customer so you  need not do your job. as i explained to someone today if you lie to me as just someone on the street so what i don’t have to talk to you again no harm no foul, but if you lie as a buissness owner or manager!!! you are based on your word and deeds as a owner or manager it is more important to hold your self to a higher code of conduct, i know i have been a owner and a manager for many places. many of you seem to think everything is great, good i’m happy for you  :smile: but if(and i hope it never does)you get shit for service from lee you were warned!

now for some answers:

That’s the second time you mention the newspaper.  Now i’m thinking that you work for them.
no i have no affiliation with this towns paper or any other nor do i work for any news company.

(hey like i said at the end-=
i was talking about one of the last things on one of my post)

(so if you still think everything with this location is a-ok you just go right on being oblivious to the things that go on around you,=
most people are happy to dumb them selfs up so they can coast through life never having to give a shit about anything that does not smack its dick on there foreheads!)

(its of no concern to me its your life live it!=
i can not force you to listen or read or belive what i say if you don’t agree with me thats your choice!)

(Read your newspaper everyday and you’ll understand.=
all you have to do to see injustice is read or watch the news)

(but for the rest of us that can’t stand injustice at the expense of others just remember-I have work to do. =
some of us do give a shit about the little guy and we do our small part to try to help when we can. if no one did anything to help the little guy were would we be??? we would have blacks as slaves-well here it would be natives, women would not be alowed to vote,it would be ok to hang someone of diifferent color or nowadays say someone gay.)

now don’t get me wrong by no way do i see what i have told you about here as the same severity as say slavery or hangings but when does it gray?

you let one thing slide and next you have given away your freedom for being told what to do so like i said before:

so if you still think everything  is a-ok you just go right on being oblivious to the things that go on around you, its of no concern to me its your life live it! but for the rest of us that can’t stand injustice at the expense of others just remember-I (we) have work to do. Read your newspaper everyday and you’ll understand.

I HOPE SOME OF YOU HAVE WOKEN UP
                                        IF NOT SWEET DREAMS MY YOUNG PRINCE

Punisher, you make it sound like you’re the reincarnation of Martin Luther King, and that your battle against the bad service you received at Sears is tantamount to fighting the injustices of the world.  It’s not.  It’s a small store in a small town that gave you bad service.  Period.

Okay, so perhaps the guy there violated company policy by not giving you a refund.  And maybe he was even a dick about it.  So what?  That doesn’t mean you have to turn it into a rallying cry for “fighting injustice”.  Take your complaints to the proper department and have them handle it.  If they don’t, shop elsewhere.  There are plenty of other businesses out there who would be happy to serve you.

And in doing so, the guys running the Sears outlet in Rupert would finally clue in to the fact that they have to serve their customers properly if they want them to come back.

Now I can see how you might want people to know how you were treated badly, and eventually let word get back to whoever mistreated you so that they might treat you better in the future.  And posting your complaints here is certainly a good way of doing so.

That said, using a nickname of “The Punisher”, quoting lines from the movie talking about keeping peace by preparing for war, and equating getting bad service from a store to the injustices of slavery, oppression of natives, and denying women the right to vote is not only being melodramatic, but more importantly takes focus off what you’re really trying to accomplish.

Why?  Because it makes you sound like a crank.  I’m sure you’re a perfectly rational, reasonable person in your daily life, but people on a forum like this don’t see that.  All we know of you is what you write here.  And, I hate to say this, but when I read what you wrote here I thought you sounded like a twelve-year-old kid who’d had his allowance taken away from him.  And once that becomes the focus of people’s attention, your message gets ignored, and all your effort will have been in vain.

One thing I will give you credit for however is listing the specific things that you encountered while trying to get your problem solved.  Once I read that part, I realized that you did have a legitimate gripe and that you definitely should have been treated better. Had you led off with that and stuck to the facts, people would have been more likely to sympathize.  Remember the words of Sgt. Friday of Dragnet: Just the facts ma’am.  Just the facts.

One more thing.  While I normally loathe taking someone to task for their English skills, I have to say I had a very difficult time following the train of thought contained in your messages.  Your punctuation, grammar, spelling, and sentence structure make your messages very difficult to read.  (And this is coming from someone who spends most of his time trying to decypher broken English from people who are lucky to speak it for an hour and a half a week. :smile:)  After all, while you may be very clear on what it is you’re trying to say, the more care you take in conveying the message, the easier it’ll be to convince people.

So, in conclusion, while I certainly do sympathise with you and your plight, I think that if you want people to take you seriously, you should do four things:

1.  Dial back the melodrama
2.  Ditch the movie quotes
3.  Focus on concrete facts, and
4.  Take more care in how you present your message, and in effect, yourself.

And I really do hope you get this problem solved.  Best of luck to you.

What he said!

Man I started reading your post and the Ride of the Walkyrie from Wagner started playing in my head.  Then I stopped and read Stardog’s. 

[quote]
Punisher, you make it sound like you’re the reincarnation of Martin Luther King, and that your battle against the bad service you received at Sears is tantamount to fighting the injustices of the world.  It’s not. [/quote]

AND

[quote]
quoting lines from the movie talking about keeping peace by preparing for war, and equating getting bad service from a store to the injustices of slavery, oppression of natives, and denying women the right to vote is not only being melodramatic, but more importantly takes focus off what you’re really trying to accomplish.[/quote]

if you had read the whole thing in the proper context instead of trying to read between the lines(because i had to un-line it for the people that did not get it!!) you would see.

(but for the rest of us that can’t stand injustice at the expense of others just remember-I have work to do. =
some of us do give a shit about the little guy
(some of us don’t just roll over)
and we do our small part to try to help when we can. if no one did anything to help the little guy were would we be???
(this is not a statement stating that i think may being pissed off is the same as great activists of the past!!! its a question of what if these people that stood up for these things did nothing becase at the time these were considered little problems by the Majority of the people=most people do not speak and are not ever heared so speak up!! i’m sure lee was hoping or thinking nothing would come of his actions)
we would have blacks as slaves-well here it would be natives, women would not be alowed to vote,it would be ok to hang someone of diifferent color or nowadays say someone gay.)
(ok is this better little timmy would be picked on in school,miss kim down the street would not have her bus pass so she could not get to bingo…you can add what you want most of you already have!!)

so before you try putting words in someones mouth or a banner over their head clear the fog and look at reality i tryed to explain this to the people that were confused but the more i explain the more its bent and twisted to your needs of bitching at me instead of being a warning to any one that may shop in sears. so i give this topic the grand middle finger salute

IF THIS DOES NOT CLEAR UP THE CONFUSION
                                                      JUST GO BACK TO SLEEP!!

:unamused:

Welcome to HTMF.  In seven posts you’ve made quite an impression.  You are definitely passionate about your point of view.  However, if this thread deteriorates into a flame war it may be moved to the wasteland.

ZZZZZZZ!

LMAO :smiley:

I’m sorry but if you spent $30-40K there in the last 20 years, and you haven’t been happy with their service… why did you keep shopping there?  There are other places to shop in town, or Terrace even for that matter.

new log for you let this one die you don’t get it

I understand what you are saying just fine.  Hell, I even agree with you.  I don’t like receiving bad service at a store any more than anyone else.

But when you start comparing it to real injustices, you’re comparing apples and oranges.  They’re not the same thing.  Injustices are systematic abuses of the powerless by the powerful.  They inculde things like discrimination based on things like race, gender, religion.  They’re part of a systematic attempt to keep a certain group in an inferior position.

That’s not what happened in your case.  They guy was a jerk.  He treated you badly, as an individual.  Was he wrong to do it?  Yes.  But ranting and raving about so-called injustices, trying to compare what happened to you to slavery or bullying doesn’t help your cause.  In fact, it only hurts it.  It all boils down to presentation.  Hyperbole only cheapens the value of what you’re trying to say, because it leads people to believe that you think your suffering is on a much higher level than it really is. 

If you don’t think that presentation matters, consider this.  I love steak.  Can’t get enough of it.  Imagine it: a big thick, juicy porterhouse, grilled to perfection over mesquite.  Add to it a nice, fluffy baked potato lathered in sour cream and covered in bacon bits and chives.  Throw in some nice steamed broccoli and an ice cold pint of beer and you’ve got a hell of a good meal.

Now that your mouth is watering, imagine that I take that steak and all the fixings and served them to you on the lid of a garbage can.  Imagine also that the beer were served in a miniature toilet.  Does that sound appetizing to you?  It doesn’t to me.

Here’s the point.  Presenting your complaints in the way that you did–comparing a simple consumer dispute to real injustices–is like serving a steak on a garbage can lid.  It doesn’t matter how juicy the steak is, if you don’t serve it up right, nobody’s going to want to eat it.  And no matter how juicy your story is, if you don’t present it right, nobody’s going to want to listen.

I like to ignore this thread but I seemed to be drawn to it like a moth to a flame I can’t help myself. Oh no I’m going to get burned…….( I think I just used a Metaphor)

That’s a simile!

:smile:

And that’s a smiley face…

Try filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau bbbvan.org/index.php
I did this a couple of years ago when my complaint at a local business was just brushed off.  After the BBB contacted them with my complaint I got a very fast response, an apology and a credit for the faulty item I had purchased there.