Santa Parade

Hey I’m just wondering what you guys thought about it? It was shorter than usual but I am very happy to see that, even though there are a shortage of volunteers that the special events committee still decided to go forth with the parade.

I’m very glad (the children are too) that it indeed wasn’t canceled. :smile:

It was a very nice thing all the volunteers did - organizing the Santa prade.

As a parent I didn’t really care for my children being handed %15 off coupons with a skull on them - it’s christmas time…

It would be nice for the Special Events group to fund raise to get the parade back to how it was when I was a kid…candy being thrown from the floats, Santa in a big sleigh at the very front…choirs singing and going by…lots of x-mas lights (parade was at night)…

And for goodness sakes, enough with the company logos!

Actually, I think the parade should be in the early evening…dusk. We caught the last part of Winterfest last night and we are going to make sure we go next year…the choir/band ws amazing! Thanks to the volunteers for both events.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]It was a very nice thing all the volunteers did - organizing the Santa prade.

As a parent I didn’t really care for my children being handed %15 off coupons with a skull on them - it’s christmas time…

It would be nice for the Special Events group to fund raise to get the parade back to how it was when I was a kid…candy being thrown from the floats, Santa in a big sleigh at the very front…choirs singing and going by…lots of x-mas lights (parade was at night)…

And for goodness sakes, enough with the company logos!

Actually, I think the parade should be in the early evening…dusk. We caught the last part of Winterfest last night and we are going to make sure we go next year…the choir/band ws amazing! Thanks to the volunteers for both events.[/quote]

Well they can’t throw candy off of the floats, they have to hand it out now, something about kids running out into the streets and it being a bad thing. LOL.
But yea. I remember being in the santa clause parade when I was a kid. I think it was the last year that the did it at night time. I walked the route and handed out little candy canes with the Auto Club.

its a sign of things to come people… get used to it!!.. there is just no pride and love in this town anymore… Surprised the sail past even was a go… This town will soon have nothing… just like the shopping here at Christmas time… NOTHING!!

My childeren really enjoyed the parade and did not mind any about the length of it, I did not attend the sail past, but the fireworks were great.
Thank you to the Special Events Society and the vollunteers who made the day special for the kids.