Safari "Too Big"

I have a MAcbook with Lion, double tap the pad while you’re browsing and it zooms huge. Double tap again to undo.
No I think that’s what this useless old fart is talking about, kept bringing his iMac in complaining that my Internet makes Google too big and he has to scroll all over to use it. Just at his house mind you, because next door it doesn’t fuck up their google, and when he packs the iMac to my shop every three days and I remove all the display options so he won’t mess with them.
He doesn’t have Lion, but uses a Mac mouse. If you double-click does it make the browser zoom with Safari 5 ?
Or is there a key-combo?
Like I said, its something HE’S doing, and he’s too stupid to notice he’s doing it. It works just fine for me, but he thinks I have staff that run a control panel to make Joe’s web page get big, make Internet slow at Ralph’s house, block MSN from 3-5 at Wally’s, give Iris a virus now…

BTW we have to fix google. That’s how you find things. Type www.cocacola.com into google and then hunt for it on the list. It doesn’t have an address bar. Or a home, refresh, back and forth. Hell he doesn’t even have a dock, the bar on the bottom with the face on it isn’t there, autohide was beyond him…

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]

BTW we have to fix google. [/quote]

Hahahahahaha, excellent story, herbie! If anyone can fix google it is you, herbie. I would love to be a fly on the wall while you try to keep a straight face listening to this customer. Thanks for a good laugh, man. :smile:

Ain’t so funny when he calls 8 times a day… you’d think he’d actually USE Google. No one ever does in this town, no shit man that cocacola example fits 90% of people here.
Problem is, the first dozen google refs tell you to use Window, Zoom. Which shrinks the window not what’s in it! You know, the “my computer won’t even start” forum questions with the first 30 post replies “Just install THIS program, it’ll fix it!”

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Ain’t so funny when he calls 8 times a day… you’d think he’d actually USE Google. No one ever does in this town, no shit man that cocacola example fits 90% of people here.
Problem is, the first dozen google refs tell you to use Window, Zoom. Which shrinks the window not what’s in it! You know, the “my computer won’t even start” forum questions with the first 30 post replies “Just install THIS program, it’ll fix it!”[/quote]

why do you keep answering his calls then ? are you charging for your free services ? If not then FUK HIM! You have work to do in the back that’s PAYING your bills. LOL

My answering machine “Blew up in those power failures” (not really) and usually don’t answer if twits are on the call display. Everyone who comes in and asks why I don’t answer I tell them I do not interrupt the guy waving money in front of the cash register to answer the fucking phone, THAT’S shitty customer service. All are so clueless that THEY never wave cash.
You wouldn’t believe how terminally stupid ppl are here. EG: $2000+ Ferrari laptop with all the company files since 1999 on it, takes it to the guy on welfare for brain damage because he’s “cheaper”! I have to explain to the mutant why I won’t lend him my recovery tools and show him how to use them… I’m sure I’d have to justify to the laptop owner why I won’t show someone else how to do my job so they can do it cheaper…
How about yesterday morning a guy bitching his Internet’s been down a month and he keeps calling and no one ever goes. He doesn’t give a shit I was in Abbotsford and the tech quit. So I go out there and the snow fell off his roof and tore the radio and wiring off the trailer. He was fucking tripping on the wire going down the stairs, the radio was face down in the ice (thawed and froze many times in a fucking month) and I chopped it out with a hammer. HE wants a credit cuz he had no Net all that time… no shit.

So does anyone know if you ZOOM with the mouse on Safari?

I lived there for a few years Herbie and I know exactly what you mean, I didn’t meet very many people that had internet let alone used it for anything lol
funny shit to us not soo funny to you.

Why don’t you just tell the guy to use the default internet explorer and he might not get lost like on google or safari ha ha ha

iMac… no Internet exploder

Oh wait, I forgot that Google needed to be “fixed”, ^wtd
google.com/mac/

Wow! That would get old very quick!

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]My answering machine “Blew up in those power failures” (not really) and usually don’t answer if twits are on the call display. Everyone who comes in and asks why I don’t answer I tell them I do not interrupt the guy waving money in front of the cash register to answer the fucking phone, THAT’S shitty customer service. All are so clueless that THEY never wave cash.
You wouldn’t believe how terminally stupid ppl are here. EG: $2000+ Ferrari laptop with all the company files since 1999 on it, takes it to the guy on welfare for brain damage because he’s “cheaper”! I have to explain to the mutant why I won’t lend him my recovery tools and show him how to use them… I’m sure I’d have to justify to the laptop owner why I won’t show someone else how to do my job so they can do it cheaper…
How about yesterday morning a guy bitching his Internet’s been down a month and he keeps calling and no one ever goes. He doesn’t give a shit I was in Abbotsford and the tech quit. So I go out there and the snow fell off his roof and tore the radio and wiring off the trailer. He was fucking tripping on the wire going down the stairs, the radio was face down in the ice (thawed and froze many times in a fucking month) and I chopped it out with a hammer. HE wants a credit cuz he had no Net all that time… no shit.

So does anyone know if you ZOOM with the mouse on Safari?[/quote]

You didn’t know its the thing to do, teach the other tech to fix his computer so he doesn’t bring it to you any more and then starts fixing more computer so you loose more $$… This could be a good thing also tho, let the “AKA” meat head do all the shit work and stupid work, THEN when he fucks shit up it will come back to you in worse condition and you can make more $$ LOL!!

My official competition here already fulfills that role. They go to him whining our shop is too expensive, then bring it in whining he didn’t do it right. We both laugh about it and do a lot of work together on stuff.
My piss-off is when ppl like the Chamber used him because he lives on the rez and doesn’t charge taxes (and isn’t a Chamber member to boot). That’s how fucking cheap ppl are here. Every new manager and board has to be reminded they’re supposed to support their members and even not to go around them or outright compete against them.

RE: the MAC I’m gonna tell the guy to look under system prefs, user accessibility and disable zooming. He’s probably zooming with the mouse roller and not realizing it, though you’re supposed to set a key to press to enable that feature.
Never used a Mac mouse myself, or for that matter liked using a touchpad except on my Macbook.

Just got a Mac Magic mouse myself a while back and before reading the instructions assumed I could squeeze and pinch for the zoom. Quickly found the double tap enlarge and reduce. Also like the page flip gesture.

I use the mouse on the Mac Mini hooked to my 42" TV, however after using it for a while I don’t think those who require precise mouse movements (graphics) would appreciate it.

Double tap to zoom in and out. Just what I expected, this guys double-clicking his mouse instead of clicking once.
You’d think he could figure that out all by himself given a couple weeks, eh?

You could show him the mouse prefs with the nifty videos. Might help.

you need a new mouse battery.

Already charged back up to 100%. Amazing it still works fine at 9% charge.

4 more times today. Three weeks now his internet’s too big and he can’t fix it.
He uses a stupid one button mouse with no scroller. Like this is ridiculous. Buy a mouse from this millennium.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]4 more times today. Three weeks now his internet’s too big and he can’t fix it.
He uses a stupid one button mouse with no scroller. Like this is ridiculous. Buy a mouse from this millennium.[/quote]

Haha. Sorry. I’m not laughing at you, but, I am laughing in sympathy.
You should get the award for the most patient technician. :smile:

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]4 more times today. Three weeks now his internet’s too big and he can’t fix it.
He uses a stupid one button mouse with no scroller. Like this is ridiculous. Buy a mouse from this millennium.[/quote]

buy him a 9.00 walmart mouse on the condition he does not call you for one month. You save time… he fucks off. Win win.

[quote=“jesus”]

buy him a 9.00 walmart mouse on the condition he does not call you for one month. You save time… he fucks off. Win win.[/quote]

^^ facebook LIKE BUTTON ^^^