Sad day for us

what are we going to have to give up next! i remember a day when they were just not welcome, hell some of us still don’t want their kind around here. what is the world coming to? man i just don’t get it…did anyone know women can vote now!? and now children are welcome in this community what are we going to have to endure next? i really do remember a day when you could walk up to a baby and just punch it in the face with a comment like your not welcome here baby or we don’t like your kind around here! did we really need to make it official? i think we could have spent the time more wisely like say trying to find a solution to the homeless problem or even make a book like 100 ways the Rupert officials screw the people. just my opinion, but on that note i recommend we old timers get a “ok to punch a baby day” so we can wax nostalgic and not be forced to feel like the world is changing so rapidly, hell i here there are going to be CORDLESS!! phones out soon lol what next phones that will go anywhere?

weird

Are you on drugs?

:smiley: i wish…well maybe not, but its on the front page of the daily news- Prince Rupert is officially a ‘child friendly’ community. and yes this was a ha ha funny funny post with a we could do more important things twist to it (just for the ones that won’t be able to read between the lines) i don’t think to many of us would have thought that we were against kids living or coming to Rupert but now like it says in the news it’s official!

My dad says this assumption is not correct, since the speaker-hearer’s linguistic intuition delimits a general convention regarding the forms of the grammar. Summarizing, then, we assume that the notion of level of grammaticalness appears to correlate rather closely with the system of base rules exclusive of the lexicon. Thus the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction can be defined in such a way as to impose a parasitic gap construction.

ya, what he said

kid friendly community !!! I dont think so when our parks are being ripped out from right under our childrens feet one day the park was there they all come haome after school and there park is gone what are our children now supposed to do !! I have kids playing in a big puddle in the park that used to be there in Fredrick St park.

“gramaticalness”?  :imp:

I have an alternate theory…it is indeed, much more insidious than Mr. Castle even suspects… 

In my opinion, the declaration of Rupert’s Child Friendly status is merely the vanguard of a children’s invasion, a coup d’etat if you will…Soon the banner of children’s supremacy will fly above the town…toddlers swaggering down the main streets in unruly mobs, assaulting and extorting teenagers, adults and the elderly! 

Seriously though…punching babies…Call me a commie, but I’m not really down for that, so I might have to flee to Victoria or some other stronghold of matrimony and retirement and continue the struggle against kid supremacy from there by publishing anti-children propaganda.

Seriously though, Rupert must be kid friendly, you see so many running around with no adults in sight…Also seriously, how do they measure how kid-friendly a place is? 

Grammaticalness is the quality of being grammatical.  “Yo, check out John’s paper.  I’m feeling the grammaticalness there.”  “How grammatical is John’s paper, man?”  “Dude it’s grammatical as f*ck, for real!”  Wow, you ever have a word that doesn’t exist lose all meaning to you?  It just happened to me.

This was an old story. I don’t know why the Snooze ran that story on the front. Seemed kind of lame to me.

Child friendly Huh, Nobody asked me. :smiley:

What happened to the rest of the thread?

[quote]Topic Summary
Posted on: Yesterday at 05:51:29 PM Posted by: G-spot
Insert Quote
Child friendly Huh, Nobody asked me.
Posted on: Yesterday at 04:24:02 PM Posted by: Huh?
Insert Quote
This was an old story. I don’t know why the Snooze ran that story on the front. Seemed kind of lame to me.
Posted on: Yesterday at 12:14:34 PM Posted by: Mr.Kurtz
Insert Quote
I have an alternate theory…it is indeed, much more insidious than Mr. Castle even suspects… 

In my opinion, the declaration of Rupert’s Child Friendly status is merely the vanguard of a children’s invasion, a coup d’etat if you will…Soon the banner of children’s supremacy will fly above the town…toddlers swaggering down the main streets in unruly mobs, assaulting and extorting teenagers, adults and the elderly! 

Seriously though…punching babies…Call me a commie, but I’m not really down for that, so I might have to flee to Victoria or some other stronghold of matrimony and retirement and continue the struggle against kid supremacy from there by publishing anti-children propaganda.

Seriously though, Rupert must be kid friendly, you see so many running around with no adults in sight…Also seriously, how do they measure how kid-friendly a place is? 

Grammaticalness is the quality of being grammatical.  “Yo, check out John’s paper.  I’m feeling the grammaticalness there.”  “How grammatical is John’s paper, man?”  “Dude it’s grammatical as f*ck, for real!”  Wow, you ever have a word that doesn’t exist lose all meaning to you?  It just happened to me.
Posted on: Yesterday at 10:18:52 AM Posted by: Soggy
Insert Quote
Quote from: junior on January 13, 2010, 10:37:06 PM
My dad says this assumption is not correct, since the speaker-hearer’s linguistic intuition delimits a general convention regarding the forms of the grammar. Summarizing, then, we assume that the notion of level of grammaticalness appears to correlate rather closely with the system of base rules exclusive of the lexicon. Thus the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction can be defined in such a way as to impose a parasitic gap construction.

“gramaticalness”? 
Posted on: Yesterday at 09:39:16 AM Posted by: summerdayz
Insert Quote
kid friendly community !!! I dont think so when our parks are being ripped out from right under our childrens feet one day the park was there they all come haome after school and there park is gone what are our children now supposed to do !! I have kids playing in a big puddle in the park that used to be there in Fredrick St park.[/quote]

What happened to the rest of the thread?

[quote]Topic Summary
Posted on: Yesterday at 05:51:29 PM Posted by: G-spot
Insert Quote
Child friendly Huh, Nobody asked me.
Posted on: Yesterday at 04:24:02 PM Posted by: Huh?
Insert Quote
Posted on: Yesterday at 12:14:34 PM Posted by: Mr.Kurtz
Insert Quote

Posted on: Yesterday at 10:18:52 AM Posted by: Soggy
Insert Quote
Quote from: junior on January 13, 2010, 10:37:06 PM

“gramaticalness”? 
Posted on: Yesterday at 09:39:16 AM Posted by: summerdayz
Insert Quote
kid friendly community !!! I dont think so when our parks are being ripped out from right under our childrens feet one day the park was there they all come haome after school and there park is gone what are our children now supposed to do !! I have kids playing in a big puddle in the park that used to be there in Fredrick St park.[/quote]