Rudy Kelly and the Pope

What I do not understand is; if God loves each and every human being just as they are, good people, bad people…why are homosexual people such a sin? Marriage can be a wonderful thing, yes, but essentially, it is just a peice of paper, and something you put on documents and claim for taxes. It is most about true love and sealing your commitment to another human being. Which gender, I really do not care, and I am catholic. It shouldn’t even be an issue, this is the 21st century, for crying out loud. People should be more open-minded.

After reading Ruid Rudy’s article re Pope and reading how he calls him downin so many ways plus admits to not reading or knowing a bible, I can see clearly now why he can never look a Christian in the eye always looks away. The whole world is a stage to Rudy.

Anyone interested in some interesting religious theory (and an entertaining read all around) should check out “The Da Vinci Code”. I know, I know, everyone who is well read has already read this book, but I just read it yesterday and it was fantastic.

Well Rudy is my like half uncle or something like that and if u are offended by that tell him! im telling you he makes up jokes and there funny!@

Yeah, you probably believe in the New Testament, as well.

actuly im not religious

i agree with the Pope, i don’t like same sex marriage either. you’ll end up divorced if sex is the same all the time…

Why would it be the same all the time? Marriage isn’t all about sex, anyway…good sexual chemistry helps, but it shouldn’t be all about that. :wink:

I have been drawn into this ordeal by merely a typo. However, it does show specifics which may benefit me posting the same here. I dont know about this topic and seriously doubt I will return to this thread…

[quote]----- Original Message -----
To: 'robb’
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 11:36 AM
Subject: RE: Northwest Weekly Advertisment

Sorry should have been rob@xxxxxxx.xxx… Rob xxxxxxx is the publisher of Northwest weekly. Thanks for letting me know of typo error. Steve.

Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:14 AM
To: Steve xxxxx
Subject: Re: Northwest Weekly Advertisment

Dear Mr. xxxxx:

I do not know why you are spamming me with unsolicited email in this particular fashion. I request that you advise as to how you retrieved my email address and more importantly, how you feel I should be made aware of a “Northwest Weekly Advertisement” discussion I am not privy to in the least. Failure to do so will result in me reporting this incident to your internet service provider.

Regards,

robb@xxxxxxx.xxx

----- Original Message -----

To: 'xxxx’
Cc: robb@xxxxxxx.xxx
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:43 AM
Subject: RE: Northwest Weekly Advertisment

Dear xxxx,

We do not own shares nor are we part of the management team of Northwest Weekly. We advertise in publications that we believe reach our perspective market. We are sorry to learn you may not patronize our place or business because of an editorial decision rightfully in the hands of the managers and owners of Northwest Weekly. I would suggest you not read the offending column or advise the publisher of your feelings. Our family has owned and operated the Crest Hotel from day one and we pride ourselves on great service and value while try to make a positive contribution to both our city and surrounding area. We sincerely hope you will reconsider your position and return to enjoy the hospitality, service and atmosphere that has made our business successful over the past 43 years.

Yours truly,

Stephen x xxxxx CHA

owner

Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 12:13 AM
To: sxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx
Subject: Northwest Weekly Advertisment

Please be informed that I will not patronize your place of business until Columnist Rudy Kelly is removed from your advertising medium, “The Northwest Weekly”.

This man is confrontational, Offensive, ignorant, and most disrespectful of a much loved servant of God in his column of March 2, 2005 titled “Maybe Sinead was right about the Pope”.

xxxx xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.2 - Release Date: 3/11/2005

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.2 - Release Date: 3/11/2005
[/quote]

Cheers~!
http://www.blissmeister.com/members/auctionbites/robbie05.gif

Very interesting to know that I am not the only one offended.

[quote]Respectfully,
Robb [/quote]

Uh HUH~! Explains how I got drawn in. :unamused:

rubbing eyes

I could have SWORN that I saw a post I was replying to. :imp:

[quote=“Auction Bites”]rubbing eyes

I could have SWORN that I saw a post I was replying to. :imp:[/quote]

It’s ok, we won’t think any less of you…

sorry… decided it would have been too personal. hehe

[quote=“Tootz”]The Pope is not comdemning those people!

Marriage is the remenats of the church. If Christianity never evolved, I highly doubt the term marriage would mean the same thing as it does today.
So I am with the Pope 100% when it comes to the issue of same sex marriage. Yes we all have rights as humans, but why confuse our children?? Marriage is a sacred union between a woman and man. If two men want to have some sort of ceremony to unite them, then call it something else.[/quote]

If we call it something else, then we’ll still be segragating people into different classes. You’re never going to have equality if you exclude people from the mainstream.

What is Catholicism but one big condemnation of everyone? Especially women.

Catholicism made simple: If it’s fun it’s sinful. If it’s really fun it’s a mortal sin.

Fuck you, I’m Catholic.

Actually, it was kinda funny. I’m 20 years old and I found out that I’m Catholic. I don’t come from a practicing family, but I thought it was interesting to just find out one day. It also should get me in better with the girlfriend’s Italian relatives.

I’ve decided I’m going to start telling people I’m Irish-Catholic though. Now there’s a stereotype to aspire to!

Yeah, I guess now would be a good time to delcare my Irish-Protestantism.