Royal Canadian Legion

Just thought I’d ask if anyone knows when the legion will open? I saw the sign on 3rd ave go up a while ago but there doesnt seem to be much happening. Does anyone have any insight?

The only insight I’ve heard that I can offer is that there will not be any liquor on the premisses.

A Legion that doesn’t have a bar? Who would have thunk it!

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

The only insight I’ve heard that I can offer is that there will not be any liquor on the premisses.[/quote]

I sure would like to see the Cst. wrong this time , how does he know so much ? What a wise Cst. you seem to be , you.

I think it is great that they have a new building, “dry” or not ! They had planned on opening by Remembrance Day but don’t think that will happen. I am looking forward to becoming a member !

I guess being a Viet Vet gives me a seat as well .

We need more younger people getting memberships for the legion

I guess that I must try elsewhere LOoooooooooooooooooooooool

Was just implying that the generations need to get involved more

I agree with more generations. Times are changing fast. I just finally got my membership and then it closed :confused:

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

The only insight I’ve heard that I can offer is that there will not be any liquor on the premisses.[/quote]

Any insight as to why this is? Temporary until they get a liquor license or permanent? I’ve been in many Legions across the country over the years and the one thing that they all had in common were the patrons throwing back a few pints.

I agree, it would be a pretty sad state of affairs if you couldnt get a pint at the local legion!