Rick roll

ok! I’m back to normal. This link is not cool, according to my " go to " guy. Take care as to what links you post. I should also be a little more careful on this forum. Anyway…

What can happen In Ubuntu is that you can have a process (application) that is still running in the background; in your case Firefox was not properly shut down so it was still running on start-up.

You can kill a running process (application) quite easily. Read this article:

How to Kill a Running Process in Ubuntu (or any Linux distro)

As you continue with your Linux adventure you should start to delve in to how to use a terminal shell prompt. That can save your butt when you get in to some hot water.

Sounds like firefox is reopening the last website you visited when it crashed or was shut down.

Sorry again grey hair, I didnt intend to rick roll this forum.

Thanks hitest. I’ve bookmarked that link. That terminal box freaks the crap out of me but, you’re right, I should delve into my system and actually learn a few things.

No worries chief-a-rooney. BTW, anyone care to take a stab at what movie the character “chief-a-rooney” came from? Maybe I should enlist today.

[quote=“grey hair”]Thanks hitest. I’ve bookmarked that link. That terminal box freaks the crap out of me but, you’re right, I should delve into my system and actually learn a few things.
[/quote]

You are very welcome! :smile:
As you practice with the terminal prompt it will become less frightening. I felt the same way as you when I started to use a terminal, very frightening indeed. If you’re interested here is a safe command line tutorial that can teach some basic terminal commands. I hope this helps you.

Learn the Linux Command Line

[quote=“grey hair”]Thanks hitest. I’ve bookmarked that link. That terminal box freaks the crap out of me but, you’re right, I should delve into my system and actually learn a few things.

No worries chief-a-rooney. BTW, anyone care to take a stab at what movie the character “chief-a-rooney” came from? Maybe I should enlist today.[/quote]

Pretty sure you’re referring to Platoon…

[quote=“Uncle Stumbly”]

No worries chief-a-rooney. BTW, anyone care to take a stab at what movie the character “chief-a-rooney” came from? Maybe I should enlist today.[/quote]

Pretty sure you’re referring to Platoon…[/quote]

Yeah, I think it was only used once in the movie?

Thanks again hitest