Restaurants

Where’s a nice place to take my girlfriend out for dinner that’s not too expensive, but still good?

Cu’s, Rodhos, Smiles, Boulets, Galaxy Gardens etc etc etc.

Be daring and cook for her yourself.

Take her to the Belmont for drinks. Dude, the strippers here are classy…

I mean, they don’t have stretch marks or anything.

Chicks dig that.

[quote=“dylan”]Take her to the Belmont for drinks. Dude, the strippers here are classy…

Chicks dig that.[/quote]

That fake ID seems to be working wonders for you.

[quote=“dylan”]Take her to the Belmont for drinks. Dude, the strippers here are classy…

Chicks dig that.[/quote]

:laughing: she wanted to goto the stripper place except i dont go there after i saw the stripper who was on her rag :frowning: either that or she just likes white things up there…

as for cooking for her myself well i do that everyday she lives with me :wink:

Nothing hotter than an exotic dancer wearing nothing but a tampon string.

Alright, back to the topic at hand.

Here’s the ticket my man:

1. Go buy a NICE bottle of wine for before hand - nothing with a twist off cap - a decent australian Cabernet or Shiraz (Wolf Blass for instance) or a French Beaujolais - cost: $15-$16

2. Start with an appetizer at home - Brie and baguette for instance

3. Take her to Rain - It’s really not that expensive - if you’re not familiar with tapas it’s basically a bunch of small meals ordered over time - Items are $6, $8, $12 I believe. Order a few things things to share between the two of you (sharing enhances the experience you see) - Try half a dozen oysters to start (they’re aphrodisiacs!) and then something more hearty like the Halibut Brandade (it’s like a halibut pate with fishermen’s bread - fantastic) - Order the fondue for desert (it’s $6 and MASSIVE - includes figs, cherries, nectrines, etc. to dip in chocolate - again there’s the sharing thing).

If you don’t drink heavily at the restaurant you can get out of there for around $40 probably. And the atmosphere can’t be beat by any restaurant in Rupert - call ahead for a booth so things are more intimate - it’s open late so consider dinner in the evening, but plan around bar crowd if it’s a Friday night.

If you are drinkers and didn’t do so at the restaurant bring a little something with you for a walk along the waterfront…

And that my children, is how it’s done.

[quote=“Tricky-J”]Alright, back to the topic at hand.

1. Go buy a NICE bottle of wine for before hand - nothing with a twist off cap - a decent australian Cabernet or Shiraz (Wolf Blass for instance) or a French Beaujolais - cost: $15-$16

3. Take her to Rain - It’s really not that expensive - if you’re not familiar with tapas it’s basically a bunch of small meals ordered over time - Items are $6, $8, $12 I believe. Order a few things things to share between the two of you (sharing enhances the experience you see) - Try half a dozen oysters to start (they’re aphrodisiacs!) and then something more hearty like the Halibut Brandade (it’s like a halibut pate with fishermen’s bread - fantastic) - Order the fondue for desert (it’s $6 and MASSIVE - includes figs, cherries, nectrines, etc. to dip in chocolate - again there’s the sharing thing).

If you don’t drink heavily at the restaurant you can get out of there for around $40 probably. And the atmosphere can’t be beat by any restaurant in Rupert - call ahead for a booth so things are more intimate - it’s open late so consider dinner in the evening, but plan around bar crowd if it’s a Friday night.

If you are drinkers and didn’t do so at the restaurant bring a little something with you for a walk along the waterfront…

And that my children, is how it’s done.[/quote]

sounds like how its done on a first date :wink: haha we are both poor students… well ok im transitioning into the workforce slowly so needless to say we are broke. I have enough money to get to kelowna where my job is… so dinner is just a break from the things we are going to be doing at home hah. Besides neitehr of us enjoy fish or wine… I was thinking of the new place that moved into where angelos used to be… i wish pizza hut was still there :frowning: anyways thanks for the suggestions and if anyone has been to the “new angelos” let me know if its not so good.

:laughing: yea it was actually quite funny i was with a couple friends i think it was my birthday or something… anyways we all kinda looked at eachother with this awkward look and were like umm lets go somewhere else. anyways i havnt been to a stripper since.

cow bay cafe.

the halibut brondad at rain is pretty much gauranteeing you’re getting some though.
hgahahahahahahhahha

[quote=“Tricky-J”]Alright, back to the topic at hand.

And that my children, is how it’s done.[/quote]

Yeah, that sounds like it would work. Another alternative for an appetizer is hummus and pita. It’s easy to make–all you need is a can of chickpeas, some tahini (if you can find it–if not, you can leave it out and it still tastes good), lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Do a Google search for a recipe. Like I said, it’s really easy.

So Rupert has a Tapas bar now? I’m quite impressed. I love Tapas because, unlike more traditional Western-styles of cooking, Tapas lets you try a bunch of different things, rather than being stuck with only one dish (or two if you have an appetizer.)

Then again, Rupert has quite a few good places to eat. I’ve always been quite impressed with the quality and selection of food you can get in Rupert: seafood, Chinese, Italian. Even the sushi is really good.

The big difference between Rain and a real Tapas place is that you don’t really get to see the dishes before you order. That would rock. Maybe one of those places where the food goes by and you just grab what looks good.

Oh and Tapas is certainly a “traditional Western-style of cooking.”

[quote=“MiG”]

The big difference between Rain and a real Tapas place is that you don’t really get to see the dishes before you order. That would rock. Maybe one of those places where the food goes by and you just grab what looks good.[/quote]

Sounds a bit like kaiten sushi. That’s really good too.

I meant more like a typical North American/French/Italian style of eating, where each person orders one dish rather than everyone ordering a bunch of little things.

Actually, Tapas is very similar to a Japanese style of pub called an izakaya. Both of them are very good–lots of diffrerent things you can try in a single sitting without stuffing yourself silly.

Or even if you do want to stuff yourself silly :smiling_imp: .

nothing beats making a meal together and eating it. shaken bake skinless boneless chicken breast and garlic mash potatoes. :stuck_out_tongue:… i miss you rach :frowning:

can you get non-seafood at rain? like a chicken ceaser or something?

, you want maximum effect for low price? make each other somthing kick your perants out of the house…tell them its official buisness

:laughing: there is no parents here. We want to go out to celebrate her birthday but we don’t want to spend alot of money, but still want it to be nice

Where’s the option for McDonald’s drive-thru?

Or staying at home and cooking Kraft Dinner?