Rent to Own United Warehouse

I recently went to united and asked about the Rent to own so called deal.
The guy i was asking questions, didnt seem to know alot about his job. But What i got out of him was if you rent to buy for 12 months, you will end up paying twice as much as its worth, and if you go the full 2 years you end up payin like 4 times as much.
But you also have the option of payin it completly off in 90 days which you would get the listed price.

Has anyone been sucked into this scam yet?

Did i mention everyone is approved?

That’s the way financing plans work, generally. Not many people have $100,000 lying around to buy a house with. So, in exchange for being able to make monthly payments, the downside is that you’ll end up paying a larger total.

I understand that, and most places are 28.8% interest, but 50%
I would do it if it was 28.8

I’m not sure I understand how this is a scam. You asked for details and they gave them to you. It’s your choice if you want to do this or not. Sure it’s not a good deal, but that can be said of a lot of things. That doesn’t make them a scam.

Mike

It works for alot of people.

My friend moved to town in may and had nothing. so he rented a bed. had a chance to pay it off in the 90 days be he opted not to. Used the bed for 3 more months and gave it up…Done

Plus if you move they have to phisically move your rented items for you

cough MDG cough

Make sure it’s genuine. Wouldn’t want a fake one, eh!

And maybe Steve Nash will come by and set it up for you too…

Steve Nash is rich and famous. He must know even more about computers than anyone!

"The way this ink gets into the stick of chalk PROVES that brand X is better than brand Y"
Teevee logic…

That’s not a scam. They call that “interest” and it’s a bitch.

OMFG! my credit card company makes me pay more than what I put on if i dont pay the bill on time! what a scam!!!

:unamused:

welcome the world

heres some more assistance

ehow.com/how_3285_tie-shoes-fast.html

(I recently went to united and asked about the Rent to own so called deal.
The guy i was asking questions, didnt seem to know alot about his job. But What i got out of him was if you rent to buy for 12 months, you will end up paying twice as much as its worth, and if you go the full 2 years you end up payin like 4 times as much.
But you also have the option of payin it completly off in 90 days which you would get the listed price.

Has anyone been sucked into this scam yet?

Did i mention everyone is approved? )

you are not in need of the services offered then, congratulations you are one of afew people that can pay 100 to 3,000 up front unlike myself and at present 200 other people in town, this is not a scam its not a trick we are a company that offers services to people that want a higher standard of life!! yes it costs more than the show room floors of united, counrtywide or most other retail stores ( we are not a retail outlet ) but i don’t know a retail company or a store that sells items for profit that is started not to make money? do you?

you are never locked in like other companies, you can opt out at anytime!

we have 3 different plans a 12 month 18 month and a 24 month all 3 of the plans offer a 90 day same as cash as you mentioned we also have a 50% savings after the 90 day same as cash on the 18 and 24 month plan that you did not mention.

we work with you not against you, yes !!!EVERYONE IS PRE APPROVED!!!

we work on the reference system as apposed to banks or finance companies just 6 references are needed 3 friends and 3 family great for people with bad credit or no credit as it helps build credit :stuck_out_tongue:

we have a Referal program that helps you and the people you know save money!!!

anyone that wants to find out more should come in and talk to one of our friendly staff and see if you think its right for you.

sorry for the bad spelling but its late :laughing:

Hell, you can’t afford not to!!!

So what happens when the store closes down? You still pay for the stuff at the same rate right?

How can a store still do rent-to-own when it knows there’s an impedning doom coming soon?

New rumour to spread…

Apparently The Brick has bought out United Buy & Sell and is closing the Rupert store and opening a Brick in Terrace. Got it from a fairly good source.

Was in UBS yesterday and my wife was talking to the staff there … yes they are closing down and a new store is opening in Terrace (not sure if it is a Brick) … the lease in Rupert is expiring and the landlord has jacked up the rent … and I see a Kondolas sign now on the old Universal building.

Yeah, Kondolas should be opening sometime in February I believe.

On another rumour mill… Shoppers Drug Mart is supposedly putting in a 24hr store out by BC Hydro. What the heck would we need a 24hr drug store for?

[quote=“fingahz”]New rumour to spread…

Apparently The Brick has bought out United Buy & Sell and is closing the Rupert store and opening a Brick in Terrace. Got it from a fairly good source.[/quote]

Ya, The Brick bought out United Furniture about eight months ago.

In case you get the 24-hour flu.

I thought it was London Drugs as part of the development there?

I don’t care about 24 hours, but it would be lovely if Shoppers moved to a larger space, so we could actually get decent product selection to choose from, or London Drugs opened in a nice big space so I could actually use the flyers I get to save, save save.