Red Lake Minnesota

Has anyone noticed how Pres. Bush has not taken anytime to address this horrible event , nor has he offered any words to the people who are grieving for their loved ones. Also have you noticed how this is no longer a big story with the media. Is this because they were or are First Nations people. I call them humans…

Good observation

Actually, Bush talked about it in his weekly radio address:

tinyurl.com/4e7ff

But you’re absolutely right, Bush and rest of the entire Excited States of America is too busy dealing with the Terri Schiavo case.

[quote=“Bush”]
Bush said he and the first lady are praying for the victims and that the federal government is helping the community. He said the FBI and Department of Justice are coordinating with other authorities to provide counseling, help with funeral arrangements and offer other assistance.

“As we help the families in this community, we must do everything in our power to prevent tragedies like this from happening,” Bush said. "Children benefit from a sense of community, and the support and involvement of caring adults.

“To keep our children safe and protected, we must continue to foster a culture that affirms life and provides love, and helps our young people build character.”[/quote]

Which is total bullshit.

The culture that Bush himself is fostering is one that problems are solved with guns.

I have finally found someone who calls it the way it is, MiG you set me straight on Bush addressing the Tragic event and you got the Bush number. Where are you at with people like Condomeater Rice?

so…a braindead drooling white women takes precedent over 10 dead FNs.

at least his policies are consistant.

as for Condoleeza Rice? with Powell gone, Bush needed another token black person. who better than the frothing conservative zealot we’ve all grown to love?

Condy Rice bailed Bush out when he said Do you have blacks, too? So I guess he owes her :wink:

She has also mistakenly referred to Bush as “my husband.”

He probably makes her sing like Gladys Knight. A Bush is a plant and behind every bush there is a terrorist.

I think these are two very different cases. You’re comparing apples and oranges. Read http://www.miami.edu/ethics/schiavo/timeline.htm to get the background to the Schiavo case, which has been going on since 1990. Now, everything else being equal, and you don’t counter with the “First Nations people have been oppressed since the whiteman first came to North American”, as this argument would negate the great accomplishments of many First Nations people, the school shooting is a tragic event. It would be the same tragic event no matter where it happened - the ghettoes of South Central LA or NY, suburbia, small town Canada or US, or a First Nations Reservation. My point is this: don’t make this a race issue. As it clearly isn’t one.

As for then school shooting, weather on this reservation or downtown Prince George it was along the line of Copy Cat crime on the anniversary of Columbine. This we know should not be happening anywhere with such violent acts. Now for Mr.Bush,we have an American monster who would feed off the Christians who are making this Braindead a reason to demonstrate to what extent they will go. In the Bourque News they say that the lawyer representing her family allowed his own father to die somewhat the same way she may die. Bush will play this card and gain more points then he would by addressing this shooting.

If Bush paid more attention to Red Lake, and thus attracted more attention to it, gun control measures might possibly be proposed…and our beloved wannabe redneck wouldnt want that would he?

As for being a race issue, if you think the american public isnt predominatly racist, openly of not, then you need to watch less TV.