Re: Watson Island Sale?

Hey come on there ajaye, some of us count on you to cheer us up with blue sky scenarios and other predictions, so we’re not so down in the dumps so much of the time.

[quote=“mcsash”]
I wont beg as it is not my style…[/quote]

I’m with you then.

Got a bat?  :evil:

LMAO!!!

Just feed him more doobies so he can cheer us up with diamond and goldville predictions.  :smiley:

whoops wrong thread…

I love you tooooo merry christmas

Some strategic pieces of land, water license and equipments etc are still owned by the previous owners Sun Wave, how does this situation may impact on any potential sale? concerns about environmental liability can be another major sticking point

i know that sunwave owning some of the property will definatly throw a wrench into the gears of whoever buys the mill …if it ever happens and just a questiion does the coal terminal use the water from the mill also ?

Yup and the grain and the district of Port Ed for the dock faciilites … someone sure was not doing the due process when the deal was signed.

youd think the coal terminal or pr grain would be doing the maintanence on the pipe then  and not the city  what about teh damns at diana and prudomhe or kloyia creek i heard somthin about removing them if someone of these companies doesnt maintain the damn is this tru  ?

Can anyone help me out here? Who was responsible then? Who was the Mayor and city manager at that time and who was on council?

The other problem having Bill Belsey in the BIG HOUSE did nothing for us, he sat in the back and every once in awhile Gordo in his stupid way would probably ask one of his henchmen, Who is the redhead back there? So I believe it was either Pond or Scott that was the mayor, possible Jacko but pretty sure it was one of the other two.

I dont think it really matters who who in power at the time, I think those that were did the best that they could. That said in hindsight it would have been great too be able to read all the documents with a fine tooth comb.  It was not the NDP or the LIBERALS actually but a combination of the two, one blaming each other and making mistakes.  Unfortunately a lot of people had to suffer, lost their homes and families.  Its a tough thing to have happen. I just hope the economy turns around for all the communities in the North.

Who was in power when the container port was given the go ahead, and got the Atlin terminal for us?

I believe it was Herb Pond but it could have been Don, I am pretty sure it was Herb.No matter what, it just proves that no matter who they are the can still shake your hand and screw you in a flash.

doesnt matter container port is the best thing to happen to this town in years and if you complain about not making the money down there its your own fault . testing process was open to everyone . atlin terminal was a waste of money tho. building is mostly empty

Well I was referring to the fact that someone else was bitching about Belsey, and I was pointing out that he did do some things for Rupert.

this thread really isnt about complaining about who did what its about what is to come with the sale of the rest of watson island :stuck_out_tongue:

ok sorry thought it was a complaint . its the one bright spot for the town i get sick of people complaining about the container port . :blush:

No prob. Got my wires crossed on several occasions.
I do not work a the port, but am very happy that is it doing ok in some pretty tough economic times.
We need more good news stories like the port.
Almost everyone gets a little miffed when things always seem to be on the horizon, but never seem to get there.
I will be a happy guy when the port moves forward with phase 2.

Maybe the best thing for those pretty high up on the board, not so best for those at the bottom, or those that didn’t get to take the magical test two, three, four times til they were hired. Keep telling us how much money you make it’s a great life eh

the magical test two three four times you talking about the initial test . that didnt happen . some women failed the physical and still got thru. but anyone who failed the written didnt get thru. and im at a mid way board not upper but i do ok. im very gratefull for it but ive also had my number for 10 years