Re: Upload Speed Drop?

Yeah, you won’t get speeds like that from torrents, because your speeds will depend on how many other people are available to send out that part of the file that you want.  It’s usually the more seeders there are, the faster it gets to you.

But some programs limit the amount of data you get, or the speeds it gets to you, depending on how much you are seeding yourself.

2725 up and 936 down at work…they must pay more :wink:

2562 down, 308 up, on the $39.99 dynamic IP dealie from Citytel.

Another dirty little secret; when DSL first made it up this neck of the woods, the supply of ports was wonky. They used up most of the 1.5 MB ports in the Mainland, and there were lots of unwanted 2.5s so a whole whack of ppl got put on 2.5MB ports even though they werent paying for them.
So now they only check you’re on 2.5 if you’re paying the extra $$. If you get that kind of  speed and arent paying the extra $$, don’t gripe or they might “fix it”…
I just properly installed my wireless (it was on a camera tripod for 3 1/2 mos) and don’t have a great shot but it reads 2980 down 1425 up…

Your download is twice what I’ve got the last 6 times I’ve done the test on the Seattle server.  My upload has been higher every time though.

2029 download - 999 upload

4277 down, 422 up

i haven’t noticed any changes regarding speeds of downloads etc. i’m noticing some ping time issues though, very unstable now a days. i know i’m not the only one experiencing this, anyone on htmf have the same problem? (yeah i’m talking to you gamers  :wink:)

I tested my laptop running wireless…and it SUCKED. Do any of you smart people have any suggestions on how to make it faster? :confused:

4645 down and 1278 down :smile: 

Speed holes?

Details ?

What kinda router what kinda laptop 54g stuff ? Or  ?  Is the firmware updated in the router ? Have you tried turning off dhcp on the router ports and using port 1-4 with the modem plugged in and see if you get better speeds… this will tell you if it is the nat problem or the router or the wireless.

Jase

yep notice last 2 months my ping at MoH sites has been very erratic, my normal ping used to be 98 now it is 150 and spikes to 400 most days. Greg at Citywest says it is an issue with Telus but Telus refuses to acknowledge it and don’t take the speed tests too seriously if you do them at different times speeds will be different,  I average 4.2 megs down and about .5 megs up at DSL tests

216kbps down
123kbps up

heh, I don’t know what I’ve got from citywest, must’ve been one of those cheap deals…

So, this computer is not on using a wireless connection (to the same router and modem as before), and the results were almost identical to the ones I posted earlier (which were on a wired connection).

Neato.

Telus doesn’t take anything too seriously. Especially customers…

Telus is probably blaming Citywest. That’s what these guys do. It’s ALWAYS someone elses fault.

Mike

Wow seemed to have gained alot of interest in this topic, yes I believe the problem is with Telus, after doing several traceroutes to some Seattle servers my ping spikes at the at the telus routes. Since everyone is posting speeds:

:::… testmy.net test results …:::
Download Connection is:: 3395 Kbps about 3.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)
Download Speed is:: 414 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 606 Kbps about 0.61 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 74 kB/s
Tested From:: testmy.net (Server 2)
Test Time:: 2006/07/23 - 1:38pm
Download-Validation Link:: testmy.net/stats/id-FEU3PRX4Q
Upload-Validation Link:: testmy.net/stats/id-5FGZS29IE

Results from Speakeasy Server:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4220 kbps (527.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 705 kbps (88.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

You guys get some amazing speeds. U should let us know with the speed what kind of hookup you have, cable, DSL, etc.
Those over 3Mb downloads only happen here on a 4Mb DSL that costs $140 a month. Or on one of our ‘chosen few’ wireless circuits.

citywest.ca/SWAPPID/94/SubPageID/8252

Premium DSL here
$49.95