Re: Something smells for local Gym owners

[quote=“ChrisJ”]
    To answer bobo yes they had rented the building to dwayne rae, he didnt pay his rent for quite a few months (standard procedure for him), i went down to train one afternoon and there was a sherrif’s paper taped to the door and chains and a heavy padlock, just bought a years pass two and a half month’s earlier, dwayne ya dick thats twice you scam me now with the same scam, serves me right i guess.[/quote]

Well first off, “Sheriff”. One R and two F’s. (I try not to get pissy about spelling, but in this case I like to see it spelled correctly.) Secondly, those would have been Bailiff papers on the door. Sheriffs haven’t seized property as part of their duties for over 16 years.

I’m not trying to derail the thread, just correcting some of it. :smile:

Sorry Dad

good one :smiley:

Eso, what condition is the gym equipment in at the pool? Im coming home for summer and def. want to keep up with my gym routine but am unsure where I should go. $60/month at The Gym is friggen outrageous to me!! Also, does anyone know where this new gym/work out area will be in the Civic Center?!

Not sure about the overall quality of the workout equipment at the poor, but I know for sure the bike look like it reached the end of service life. Now that’s my observations the last time I went.

At BCIT we got this full workout facility call the “Fit Pit”, and it got everything and equipments are state of the art. Non-members cost $6 per admission or $300 for annual ($25/mth), which is a pretty good deal as oppose to the $60/month BS.

BTW I never been to The Gym, so what’s the facility like there?

I’m no expert, so I’m going to go with “more than good enough for me”.

I mostly just use free weights and the universal, but I see people using the bikes, rowing machine, and stairclimber and ellipticals all the time, so they appear to be serviceable.

The Civic Centre equipment is located in the pool area still.  They have 2 new elipticals and from what I can see, two new upright bikes like spin class bikes.  Not sure what else is up there though.

Wow!! That sounds really good. I would def. pay $25 a month. Where exactly is the BCIT building…I cant seem remember where it is!!

The Fit Pit is on BCIT’s main campus in Burnaby. Willingdon and Canada Way.

Building SE16, nearby parking at Wayburne Drive.

If getting there by public transit, take 130 Metrotown/25 UBC if heading from Brentwood Station or 130 Phibbs/Hastings if heading from Metrotown. Get off at Sanderson Way, walk down the stairs, and keep heading east until you reach the building adjacent to the tennis courts.

OMG what’s BCIT come to!
Used to be 2 blocks west, 2 blocks north - the Villa hotel. Nat Bailey 000 burgers, free bottle of the latest brand when Carling made deliveries on Tuesdays, classy peelers and no goddam disco music… you got your fucking exercise walking there.

Well, if their aim is to help other people to have a body fitness, its really good. But in other side, that he doesn’t care about his other business establishments, I think its not really fine. Maybe he can’t equally divide his time and concern about these businesses. Maybe we don’t only know, he have big reason about that.