Re: Mac Mini

It’s disappointing, however, that the prices at Apple.ca don’t reflect the recent value gain made by the Canadian dollar.

I’m with you on that Dave, its not right, i can remember back in 84 when you could buy generic apple brand and they were cheaper then the apple 2c at the time. school was full of these.

i used to have one of those

i think the brand was laser

Must say I agree with Mig that the iMac is the way to go. Am a convert myself from a put-it-together PC to a iMac and like they say once you see the light you will never want to go back. The mouse is great. Just a matter of getting used to it and specifically modifying it to your liking via the System Prefs.

im the same way

the imac is a perfect first mac

a mini is perfect for the second mac in the house

Whatever you buy VMS, you’ll be happy.  I have two macs,  a first generation eMac ( 2002- 700 MHz
upgraded ram to 1 Gig) and a iBook 12 inches ( 2005).  Wonderful computers.  My eMac is my still my main computer.  Now I’m not a gamer anymore but this computer stills fulfill most of my computer needs ( internet, word processing, photos, music). 
OS 10 rocks (I’m still on 10.4-Maybe I’ll talk to the russians about Leopard and compatibility with my old machine).  I just got a brand new hp laptop at work yesterday and I’m already tired of Vista’s warnings (“swipe your finger slowly!- WTF???”).  I didn’t check what the specs were as it was given to me to replace an older one but I swear it’s slower than my 5 years old eMac!  It almost makes me want to learn linux and run it through a flashdrive to bypass the lack of admin priviledge that is attached to getting that free work computer.
But I disgress.  In my mind, if it came down to the money, I would get the mac mini since you already have keyboard and display.  If you’re a gamer, you probably have a pc for that anyways!  I’m pretty sure that the mini would satisfy whatever you.

Ever heard of Apple care ?  4 years of warantee, how much more do you need, do you really think you will keep your computer that long, considering how fast thins are changing

I like how this thread has Google ads for dentists in Vancouver and Victoria.

Franklin

We used to have a machine at the 10th Ave BC tel site where you burnt a copy of the chip setup.
Course all us Commodore guys just scoffed at those early Apples…

I’m a Linux/Unix guy, but all of the new computers that I buy from now on will be Macs.  I’ll be buying a macbook in the new year.  I’m looking forward to using Leopard. :sunglasses:

Just got my Macbook Pro :stuck_out_tongue: very nice machine is fast, just ordered 2 x 2gig sticks of ram for it from work :stuck_out_tongue:

macbooks are nice too, they have a problem with the hand rest and scren cracking the edges so i hope they fix that in the new revision after xmas.

Jase

I’m looking at picking up an iMac as well yet have a simple question… do they have a built in webcam and microphone?

[quote=“mEtHaD”]
I’m looking at picking up an iMac as well yet have a simple question… do they have a built in webcam and microphone?[/quote]

Yes to both

Ok so I have bought an iMac, 2.4 ghz 20 inch screen, and have another simple question. If I would like to simply record a video with sound and picture off of the imac what program do I use?

I see photo booth and imovie yet I cant find how to simply record a movie with sound and picture from the built in webcam.

Thanks

Both iMovie and photobooth will do this.

Just in case you can’t find the right buttons:

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Gee if I was young and talented like you guys, I’d right a worm for web-cams that contained “breast recognition software”… as soon as it saw some, it would start recording and uploading to my youboobs.ru server…

We’ve a mini at work which originally worked great, but has slowed recently (apps opening slowly, etc.).

If money is tight it’s your best bet, but you’d really like the iMac.

I’m running G3 PowerBook upgraded to 1G processor (yes an eight year old computer, but I have a 15" screen compared to the 13" that was available then). For those looking for an alternate mouse, I’ve been using Kensington with all my macs. My current one is the Wireless “Mouse in a Box”:
http://images.acco.com/KENSINGTON/K72125/K72125-12291.jpg

Oh you got a pizmo :smile: those are not bad machines :smile:

J’

The last one with a macman  :imp: