Re: Laptop battery life

I guess I don’t have the AppleCare, but I just spoke to someone and they were prepared to mail me a replacement battery to Rupert immediately, but the condition was that I had to return the old one within 10 days or face charges…

Being in Hungary that makes things a bit difficult, but I got a contact here in Budapest so things should be taken care of when I speak to them (unless Communism gets in the way like it normally does).

Conclusion: Solid work from Apple.  No pussy-footing around, just straight up customer pleasing.  Ten kinds of respect for that company!

103, and yes, it did live on a Desk plugged in all the time.  Generally left on for 5-day spans without reboot.

Not sure you want to do that again do you ?

Nah, that’s the preferred use for Lithium batteries.  The less you’re on the battery alone, the better.  You want to let it drain once in a while, just for calibration purposes, but it won’t really have any much of an influence on the performance of the battery.  Maybe use it at least once a month, that would be just fine.

All those “rules” about how to handle batteries in the 1980s are just bullshit myths.  Remember the “memory effect” that every salesperson warned you about?  Total crap.  It’s never really existed.

apple.com/batteries/

I think you just have a bad battery.

Here’s my First-Gen Macbook battery info:   Model Information:   Manufacturer: DP   Device name: ASMB013   Pack Lot Code: 0001   PCB Lot Code: 0000   Firmware Version: 0102   Hardware Revision: 0300   Cell Revision: 0100   Charge Information:   Charge remaining (mAh): 3590   Fully charged: Yes   Charging: No   Full charge capacity (mAh): 3590   Health Information:   Cycle count: 267   Battery health: Fair   Battery Installed: Yes

I’ll post the stuff from my new Macbook in a few minutes.

From my rev.4 macbook:

Model Information:   Manufacturer: GSA   Device name: ASMB013   Pack Lot Code: 012d   PCB Lot Code: 050d   Firmware Version: 646e   Hardware Revision: 2800   Cell Revision: 0000   Charge Information:   Charge remaining (mAh): 5484   Fully charged: Yes   Charging: No   Full charge capacity (mAh): 5522   Health Information:   Cycle count: 8   Condition: Good   Battery Installed: Yes   Amperage (mA): 0   Voltage (mV): 12487

So my older one is at about 65% after 250+ cycles.  That’s pretty good.

I got 2 batteries, so i use 1 one week, and the other next and keep alternating.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]