Re: I've had enough of Herb Pond

Nothing, but I’m perfectly happy waiting.

Podunk–were they complaining? Yes. Did the Daily News feature any articles talking about the work of those involved? No. That’s what he meant. Why run two front page articles around the same subject and not get both sides? His issue was NOT with the fact that people were complaining, but that the people on the other side of the fence weren’t given a voice–so Pond acted as that voice.

As for the nursery rhyme, he meant it to be provocative and it was! I don’t think that the fact they’re part of the voting public makes them above the lessons we learn when we’re very little.

They’re perfectly entitled to their opinion, don’t get me wrong. However, Mayor Pond was NOT elected to agree with every single voter regardless of what they were saying. That would make him very irresponsible and completely ineffective. As such, he spoke out on an issue he has an opinion on. He didn’t say this in Council chambers, he didn’t even write it as a formal article–he wrote it as a letter to the opinion section of the local paper. If they’re allowed to complain, he’s allowed to chastise them for it. Good for him.

Ouch, what a hard-hitting quip you’ve made. What’s your point?

Eccentric-- The Mayor took what in effect was a dead issue (the Daily had pretty well explained the whole thing out in their second article) and turned it into a shot at a couple of local voters and brought it back to life.

While you might admire his combative style and willingness to engage in all debates, you can only put out so many fires in a short period of time. 

Calling folks complainers for asking simple questions isn’t particularly inclusive and frankly that’s just not very smart politics, especially for a politician that seems these days to be a lightning rod for those with axes to grind or questions to ask…

Some dogs are best left sleeping if we’re going to bounce around quaint little sayings,  the Mayor would have been better served to let this one slide by and concentrate on the other whirlwinds blowing around him these days.

You know what?..Herb sounds a bit like the most sought GM in the NHL.  That was a total Brian BURKE ism.  Shoot from the hip.
Nice to see that he has some passion in him after being beat up in the recent scandals at city hall.
More people should throw down the remote and get of the lazy boy, and be proactive in the community as this town has enough arm chair quarterbacks and snivellers.
Its not what can your city do for you…but what can you do for your community.

Sheesh we haven’t heard from you in a while, you on day parole or something??? 

Thats pretty freakin funny wiseguy…

To me, Herb is beginning to sound just like any person who’s been in power too long. The whole tone of his letter to the editor and his post on the city’s website is one of “How dare they question things. Don’t they know how much I’ve done for this city?.”

Just reflecting upon the nature of your menacing looking avator that’s all :imp:

Well Mike…I think its frustration on his part.
He wants the city to succeed, to prosper to be on the map.  It will never prosper again like it did when the pulp mill was running.  Those days are gone.
But its the arm chair quaterbacks with the cheese ball and beer belly’s who continously whine about shit around town that get Herb fired up.  Shit …they get most hard working people fired up.
We …or the whiners should be part of the solution as opposed to being the fuel to problems.
Who is the alternatives to Herb in the next election?

its jimmy freakin HOFFA!!!

Really wow I never would have guesed…

Now Jimmy never went to prison did he? Of course Jimmy doesn’t go anwywhere anymore, that we know of anyways…

Seems like eccentric’s long lost brother has joined him on htmf, mcsash sure sounds a lot like eccentric. they make a nice couple don’t you think.

[quote=“mcsash”]
Well Mike…I think its frustration on his part. [/quote]

I totally agree. Someone should tell him though that a politician showing his frustration is like throwing chum into shark infested waters.

Well… as part of a democracy, isn’t it our job to question what our elected leaders are doing and even call them on their mistakes? He might not like how the questioning is being done, but this is the life he signed up for.

I think it’s his job to know how to deal with public scrutiny without venting his frustration publicly. To do otherwise just adds to the resolve of the people he’s so frustrated with.

Ahhh…maybe it should be more like a dictatorship!!!
Maybe democracy is a bad thing…haha…thikn of what happened to people in who opposed past dictatorships!!!
anyhow just a thought…

When the “public” is a small minority …then sometimes we must consider silencing that minority!!!

Maybe eccentric and mcsash are one in the same…NOT BLOODY likely…

Do you make bitchy posts because you have nothing better to say, or because it’s the way you act normally. Seriously Smurfette–if you want to add to the discussions I take part in, by all means do so–but your asinine comments are useless.

What is your problem with the fact that some people might have an opinion different to your own. Why, rather than addressing someone’s argument, do you post one liners showing how little you have to offer to the subjects being discussed?

That you are full of crap and you’ve lied about your identity to hide you really are.  You can be as anonymous as you want but as many others have guessed, I too think that you are closer to this than you will admit to.

Is Pond going to run in the municipal election, anybody know? I heard a rumour that he will not be running, as he is preparing to run against Gary Coons in next year’s provincial election.

Please indicate, through a link, where and when I lied about my identity. If may have said something that confused you, but every piece of information I’ve given about myself has been true, to my knowledge. The fact that I’ve omitted some facts–that doesn’t make me a liar.

Just a hunch and apparently I’m not the only one.

On the conterary, you are the only one who has stated that I’m lying about who I am. Some may have USED the information I provided and may THINK they know who I am–and that’s great. Still not a liar, though. :smiley:

Let me rephrase…

It is my opinion that you are full of crap and aren’t a pool employee that attends school 8 months out of the year.  That opinion seems to be shared by others.  Is that better?