Re: is this a grizzly?

Was taking photos in a field near my house, and saw this bear. Is it a grizzly? How can you tell if it’s a grizzly or black bear?

[attachments over a year old automatically deleted]

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/bin/beardif.jpg

:smiley: google is your friend.

I think that looks like a Grizzly.

Beautiful photo Emma!

i would say grizzly… from the color and shape of the hump  above shoulder blades although even that seems a bit small, but from the direction you took the photo the face looks longer like a grizzly…

wear do you live?

also check out my photo’s I have over 130 grizzly pics on flickr.

flickr.com/photos/astrothug/ … 594205215/

the thing about grizzly is they come in all colors like this blond…

I’m 99% sure its a grizzly mind you i’ve only seen a dozen or so in my lifetime.

Does a grizzly bear shit in the bush.

2 bears 1 cup.

yes it is a grizzly you can tell from the face and the hump, hey years in the bush paid off who would have thunk it! :smiley:

well after downloading the photo you took emma and using my computer and some fancy software the same that the FBI and CIA use; I have changed my mind, that’s not a photo of a Grizzly but its a photo of a man in a bear suit… Don’t worry people are fooled all the time…  :stuck_out_tongue:

yes its a grizzly. the hump on the back is a sign, the face is concave (looks punched in) compared to a black bear.  You can never go by color though as there are variations on all bears color ie the white black bear.

black bear or grizzly ?

Black bear, with his hackles up.  Ha ha.

the face is concave, would have to say grizzly

cool thanks, what about this one?

black for sure

Circus Bear coming to town.

So the pictures I posted of the bears are one and the same. its a black bear with a brown coat this bear has been seen lots at Kasiks, I have photographed him in the sun and in the shade, the bear’s coat as you can see change color.

as for the face and ears, it is a a black bear… so too those people who knew this as a grizzly, I guess you got fooled…

Well, I guess I’m the smarty pants, now aren’t I? :stuck_out_tongue:

i will admit, i was wong. in these pics face looks right, but the others looked different.  oh well, cant be right all the time :smile: btw, wasnt looking at fur color