Re: How are you voting in the May 12th Election?

is most of facebook old enough to vote?

Voted today:)  It was nice to see lots of friendly faces down at the library.  Don’t forget HTMF you can vote tomorrow and saturday from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.

where do you vote?

You can vote today at the public library up until 8:00 p.m.  After today voting will be on Tuesday, May 12th, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. at the Civic Center.

I’m to excited to wait until Tuesday… I’m going to vote today!!

VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN

When I was there around 2, one of the officials said there had already been over 1000 people pre-voting.  That’s a good turnout so far!

Looking at the election poll that heads this thread, and seeing the actual results in the riding, it can be noted that with most of the polls finished, that htmf is only a hair different from the general population.  Not a statistically significant difference. 

I think that’s interesting, given the frequent observations from the right that this is an ndp chat site.  Maybe it’s simply a fair representation of the range of opinion.

Maybe it is a validation of the site as a genuine forum.  Maybe all the contributors should tip their hats to the collective discussion and conclude that, for the most part, it has been a positive component of local life.  I think so, anyway.  So thanks to those who started it, and continue to maintain it. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  (except the poll on STV didn’t quite match the general population.  What does that say about the forum?)

I think the poll on this page, as well as the facebook supporter race were both reasonably accurate. 

The sign race was obviously won by Herb Pond, though.

Well the participants on htmf did show a wee bias against Mr. Pond as they predicted only a return of 25% when it seems like he will get around 34%  and they tended to vote with their heart for Ms Girbav at 12 percent looks like she will get around 8 per cent, but did increase the vote total from last time around for the Greens…

Still a valuable little reference material

As for STV

It was too confusing for most folks to divine, sorry but the rolling vote thing just didnt seem to turn anyones crank

I listened to two election workers explain STV this way “vote for the first one if you want votes to be on paper, or vote for the second one if you want to vote using your computer.”

They also changed the question from last time. 

Well if nothing else I guess we can all be glad that the price of a six pack of beer is not going to go up eh! :imp:

That we wanted you and Mig to just STFU about it! :smiley:

They should have put that on the ballot.  FPTP, STV, or STFU.

LOL!

OK I will shut th

I wasn’t a big fan of the EOs explaining STV to people who didn’t know. Would they explain the Liberal vs. NDP platforms if someone had come in not knowing about them? It puts them in a tough position, and maybe means they should just leave that ballot blank. Good on them for trying, though.