Re: Got Rogers

Don’t pay your bill and you may just get your wish to be in court. I don’t think you’ll like the outcome though.

How bad must a service be that you have to force legal contracts on your “customers” in order to keep them?

How about if a company just says “hey, we have a better product than the competition, and we stand behind it.”  Instead it’s “haha you sucker, you signed on the dotted line, now you either stay with us, or we ruin your credit rating and take you to court!”

That’s just a rally shitty attitude to take with your customers.

Rogers is just as shitty as Citywest in this respect.

hey Mig    if your in Quebec  bring me back some" steamys" and a smoke meat sandwich please and thank you

The difference between Rogers, Telus, Bell and Citywest service can be debated all day. We can all trot out horror stories about any one of them. The fact remains that the City of Prince Rupert has some 50 million invested in a telecom that is uncompetitive while basic infrastructure in the City is  deteriorating to the point where public safety is at risk (Alaska Ferry Terminal for one) and is raising taxes yet again for a do nothing budget. 

It’s time that the City get real about it’s priorities and sell off CityWest before we write off more public monies like we did with Skeena and it’s successor the China Corp instead of squabling about the difference between 3.5% and 5.0% in a do nothing budget.

City Council has been outmanuevered every time it deals with big money interests and and I have no reason to believe that they have the expertise to compete in a open telecom market. The secretive manner in which decisions are being made about our investment in CityWest is an insult to all PR taxpayers. Try asking the Mayor some very basic questions about CityWest and it’s financial worth, performance and acquistion of an obsolete cable company at an overvalued price.

Pretty bad, methinks:-)
I went into CityWest yesterday and asked yet again about my Cell phone producing an echo.  The helpful receptionist said that they are having a known network issue that they are trying to deal with.  She said that a new phone would also produce the same echo.  Nice.
My contract with CityWest expires in June.  She said that if I wanted to purchase a new phone to take advantage of more features I would be required to sign another contract.
So in June I will be letting my contract expire and get a phone for the Rogers network.  I’ve heard that people using their phones on the Rogers network don’t experience the echo.

If we come to Rupert this summer are our Telus-based cellphones going to work?

I get the echo sometimes and I’m on a Roger’s network.

Update: I’m in terrace, my rogers phone works I am impressed. Unfortunately it doesnt work at my parents place by lake else :frowning:

lmao … so you’re out in a cabin by lake else doing the “can you hear me now”  bit?    thats pretty awesome dude.

aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh…thanks for the heads-up, Princess:-)  Good to know!

Win!

Apparently they can’t sell this fast enough.

koodomobile.com/en/bc/index.shtml

I guess its an attempt to bridge the gap between pay as you go and contract hell.

Kind of funny, I priced out the same plan I have now with citywest, with Koodo mobile, it’s only about three dollars cheaper. All the same features and everything.

And with Citywest I can actually talk to a person face to face, instead of dealing with a website. It’s nice to have someone you can yell at when you’re having a problem.

I don’t know why everyone makes such a big deal over going with other carriers, you’re going to get screwed either way you look at it. So why not go with local buisness?

I would happily stay with Citywest as I too believe in staying local if you can. Unfortunately for me they don’t offer pay as you go options. I pay for tons more cell service than I use every month and now that I have options I will be changing over in the fall when my contract expires.

If Citywest has such great service, then why do they need to force you to stay with them with a contract?

If you get 100 minutes package on Citywest and you only use 50 of those minutes, will you get 150 minutes in the following month?

Or what happens if you use more than 100 minutes?

I’ve only had Bell & Telus: same thing. Incredible pressure for long term contracts.
Used Solomobile pay-as-you-go for years, then went with a “no contract” monthly setup. They just offered a contract with no ‘access fee’

Think about it this way:

With a contract, if you go UNDER your minutes, then you lose money.  You pay for something you didn’t use.  If you go OVER your minutes, then you lose money.  You pay more for extra minutes.  Unless you hit 100 (or 200 or 500 or whatever) minutes right on the nose, you’re losing money.

And to make it worse, as soon as you sign that dotted line, you’re trapped.

Sounds like friendly happy feel good customer service to me.  With a smile!

Even if they rolled over unused minutes it would be a start.  Anybody ever ask them why they don’t do that?

Define customer service MiG, because you and I are talking about two completely different things it seems.

Here’s your challenge:  walk into Citywest, and tell them you only used 50 of the 100 minutes you paid for, and can you please keep them for next month?  Or perhaps only pay half this month? 

Come back and let us know what they say.

Or better yet, you can put it this way:  think about the reasons you didn’t buy your computer in Rupert, even though there are local shops with better customer service that would have happily sold you one.  Why did you buy it out of town?  Same reasons people leave Citywest even though it’s local.

I think rollover minutes will be as slow coming to Cdn wireless providers as system access fees are to go away.

AFAIK this solo-mobile offer is the only contract that drops them ($7.45 a month).