Re: DOG CRAP!

Hey BubbaSteve

Seagull poop is not the same as dog poop. Yes I am sure there is even fish poop, rat poop etc those are creatures of the wild.  I am talking about dog owners and the inablitity to pick up their dog’s poop.  If we were all wild and free it would not be an issue, I dislike dog crap, but I pickup after my dog.  Those that don’t should be fined and trust me there are lots of people who don’t pcik up after their dog. Maybe if you got your head out of the clouds you would be on the same planet as the rest of us in here.

Here is a link for some other ppl with this issue…

hillratdc.blogspot.com/2009/01/o … an-up.html

That is HILARIOUS  :smiley:  I have been chuckling to myself visualizing a deer on a leash…LOL    Dog owners do have the responsibility of cleaning up after their dog, doesn’t take much to carry a Safeway bag around when they go out so if there are none provided in the park, no excuses people…

The Doggy Doo Bag ad at the bottom of this is classic!

Nice plug, Cody.  :smiley:

I just don’t see all of this poop you guys are talking about. If my head was in the clouds, wouldn’t I be stepping in it? And if I did step in it, it’s not the end of the world… If things were ruined because of poop, then I’d mind, but they aren’t, so I don’t. There’s bigger issues to be worried about than doggy doo doo anyways.

Maybe the pet store and the vet should carry poop bags, you know, like the ones they attach to horses that are in parades and such. Imagine, little chihuahuas wandering around with teeny little bags on their bums…

We could give these strap on bags to negligent owners.

Wait until your kids come home covered in dog shit and track it through your house.  Or when you take your kids to the waterfront park to ride their bikes, etc and get shit on their shoes or bike tires. (of course, only if you have kids)

People who don’t pick up after their dog(s) are just plain IGNORANT!

I think when some people have a pet peeve or difficulty with something, the problem seems greater than it actually is. It’s just like sometimes a guy will say to me “there are no good single women in this town,” and I’ll notice that - perhaps by sheer coincidence - that he has halitosis and zero social skills.

GUILTY!

This person is one of the (Non-poop-picker-upers)  :smiley:

Actually the pet store here in town sells this little containers that attach to your dog leash and it holds a roll of plastic poop bags. Its easy to use the bag to scoop and then tie the bag and put it in the nearest garbage can. I can maybe because it is so easy not a lot of people do it haha!!

Be environmentally responsible. Pick up dog shit and put it in a plastic bag so it can’t decompose…  :astonished:
That’s why you wear gumboots when you mow the lawn. Fling the shit everywhere and don’t waste your time with garden shop fertilizer…

I’m pretty sure herbie was trying to be funny… but I’d like to point out that the city provided bags DO decompose.  And so do most bags that are made specifically for poop.  I pick up after my dog, unless it’s in the woods (or in the ocean-that’s always lovely when she runs out into the water and does her little twirl around thing with a crowd of people watching!) and I find it disgusting when there’s poop left all around, esp when there’s poop just steps away from the bags and cans!  How annoying!  If/when I go out to a park with my dog, I always clean up after her, and if in the odd case, she’s off leash, and I can’t find the exact turd she laid down, I’ll just pick up a different random pile.  ( I don’t really know what’s worse, picking up your own dog’s poop, and feeling the warmth through the bag, or picking up a cold hard dog poop from a stranger’s dog…)

lmao… :astonished:

A few years ago, I was dog sitting for my buddy and his dog barfed up a nice chunk of dog fur…slimy as hell too…when I picked it up with a bag it was warm, slimy and stink.

That was disgusting…I was almost puking too.

It’s not about not picking up after your dog or not Princess. It’s about the fact that all of this thread isn’t such a huge deal. It’s poop, it’s life. And people who are walking around with their head in the clouds not paying attention to where they are stepping shouldn’t be complaining if they step in something gooey and smelly. Same goes for parents of kids, if your kid doesn’t know that he/she should watch out for poop while walking around in grass areas, then that’s something that needs to be taught. You think I tracked in poopy shoes when I was little, no, because I was just as grossed out at stepping in poop as my mom was. So I watched where I was stepping.

Honestly. I hate to complain about complainers but this is just stupid. Somethign that can be fixed by THEM isn’t. BE AWARE!

I try to pick up my dogs crap 99.9% of the time, but once i pick it up I have to walk ages to find a garbage can. I have 3 dogs and it can get to be quite a heavy load…:stuck_out_tongue: If the city was to put in a few more garbage cans around town, there most likely would be less poo and garbage…who’d a thought…?  Of course there is always going to be the idiots who don’t use the garbage can but its just a thought. 

There are a lot more garbage cans around the main routes in this town than there are in Nanaimo (where I moved here from).  I’m not saying Nanaimo was cleaner or dirtier than Rupert, but I AM saying that I don’t think a lack of garbage cans is an excuse.

I want something done about those people that spit on the sidewalk or even spit out their gum and I step in that…That is all over my shoes and I can’t keep  my head down watching for it while I’m walking or I’ll walk into a post or out into traffic and then what would happen. ? Would I sue the city or would I hunt down the delinquint parties and show up at their homes with the offending spittle in a baggie…Be responsible people and swallow your damn gum…Please…      :stuck_out_tongue:          Does anyone else see how silly this is becoming??

Obviously you have not had dog crap tracked into your house on the carpet and all the way thru the family room. After cleaning my carpets several times as well as reminging everyone to take off their shoes umpteen times it gets very maddening.

People just  need to be repsonsbile … most are … I am ranting about the ones that are not and don’t clean up after their dogs. I am not talking about the one time someone did not clean up after their pets, but the ones that continously leave the crap for someone else to pick up.  Its part of being a pet owner … disagree with me it is up to you … but why should I or someone else have to pick up after your dog just because you are to GD lazy to do it? That is what this topic was about, if it hasn’t happened to you good on ya … but let us that want to discuss this topic discuss it :0

Exactly maxwell. 

This is a huge deal.  It’s very discusting that we have to see this crap on the sidewalks on a daily basis.  This morning I’ve seen the safe f’n pile on the sidewalk for the past three days now!  :angry:

Now please, the darn ppl that ARE too lazy…please invest in a friggen pooper scooper!  Or is take a small bag with you if its not TOO HEAVY!  And take a garbage bag with you if you have a huge dog.  :unamused:

P.S.  Cats are awesome!  Clean, intellegent and they know what to do with their shit!

i think you are done with this topic you just keep repeating the same thing . you dont seem to care . everyone else here thinks the poop is a problem i understand its just poop to you. but its not our responsibility nor should it be our worry. if you want to use sarcasm about spit and gum , so be it . you normally have good opinions on here but i think you are the only one thinking it is silly.