Re: Crappy pings again

Be happy you’re in Outlands.  My copies in the mail still.  So I’m lefting playing some alts.  But yeah, this latency is kicking my ass.

i am getting over 3000ms in wow    to slow to play it has been like this for a week

w0000 I’m sooooooo rockin!!    :angry:

http://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/results_img.php?test=XWQAE197IOT

Your emote certainly put your statement into prospective, smartass :wink:

I’m sooooooo rockin with ya. :angry:

http://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/results_img.php?test=ONL2VRCD6CX

Phone tech support and ask "What’s wrong with the Internet now?"
Use a real whiney voice, it helps make you popular. It’s the internet ppl.
Nobody’s posted where there testing from so I assume Vancouver. Nobody’s posted a traceroute that shows where it’s bogging.
Yesterday I did the speakeasy test and got 280KB from Seattle, but the speedtest.net showed 6990 from Vancouver.
It only takes ONE user with his default Limewire to screw up everyone on a wireless leg, how many dipshits does it take to hog a whole fiber or tie up a router in Vanc? Everything cross-connects there.

Interesting article from the Tyee kind of on this topic…

thetyee.ca/Mediacheck/2007/01/17/NetNeutrality/

Quote of note for the current problem that Citywest is having:

This opened the door for what Scott calls a “CEOs-go-to-Wall-Street” scenario: almost immediately, the major carriers began to toy with the idea of creating a two-tier Internet, replete with a fast-track for content creators willing to pay for preferential service, and a slow lane for everyone else.

Zomg!

The net got a lot better after midnight. I was actually able to 2-client in Hellfire, which for me is unbelievable considering that playing 1 char was a horrible experience earlier that night.

Draenei ftw! level 9 baby! Today… Level 25-30… maybe.

http://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/results_img.php?test=MBUGPJQ7Z5O
SLOW>>>oh so slow
And this is the speed at our office. ouch.

What would be nice if not corporately responsible, would be for CityWest to use
this page:

citywest.ca/

to tell us why this service:

citywest.ca/SWAPPID/94

Isn’t working very fast.

But then again, it would probably take too long to load anyways…

Well… it took 32 seconds to load the latter address you had there podunk.

Oh Sweet Jesus, please don’t make me venture to another internet page. :imp:

No more posting of links, please.  At least until this slowness has subsided.  PLEASE.  lol

Wow, I can’t believe it’s actually getting worse.  Sooo frustrating.

How long has this been happening?  I want to know how much to deduct from my internet bill this month.  There’s no way we should have to pay for service that doesn’t work.

What’s sad is that you can’t get any other internet service, unless you can sneak in a little Rogers or Telus internet, other than Citywest, while living in Prince Rupert.

Then again, this is what I knew when I still lived in the Rinse Bowl.

I agree, MiG. 
This bloody sucks.  Does anyone know what the problem is? :angry:

Well, a little birdie tells me it’s definitely a Telus issue. If I read things correctly, Telus is so big that they are totally unresponsive to solving this problem.

Even though the local guys here can probably tell the Telus people exactly what’s wrong, it may just be an issue of getting the right person on the phone. But what do I know?

Either way, I’m sure Telus is charging CityWest for the service, and CityWest should ask for a refund or discount for this effective downtime. That savings should be passed on to its customers.

It should not take 35 seconds for the Firefox/Google start page to load. It shouldn’t take 18 minutes to load a 30 second video clip. It shouldn’t take 8 seconds between pressing a button on an online game and getting a response.Â

Most so-called “web 2.0” sites are unusable. Bloglines, digg, gmail, google calendar, and other similar sites depend on a constant conversation with the browser. When there are random breaks in this conversation, stuff just doesn’t work. I clicked one of my feeds in bloglines before starting to write this post. It still has not loaded. 5 minutes later.  It should have happened in less than a second.

This is effectively downtime.Â

It’s not CityWest’s fault, but I hope they step up and make Telus accountable for it.Â

They should tell the public then that it’s not their fault, by remaining silent and not even admitting that there is a problem they are in effect making it their problem.

They seem to just figure that most of us are so computer illiterate that we’ll figure the problem is actually on our end, in that little box on the desk.

If it’s a TELUS problem then they should be making that perfectly clear to us, search out other options and if failing that. reduce our highly exorbitant internet rates to more resemble the service that we are getting at the moment.

Does Creative computers still offer their version of internet services? Are they having a problem as well? I’m not knowledgable enough to know the ins and outs of the services we have available, but I do know slow when I see it and man this has been rather slow…Â Â

Our internet at work couldn’t connect to anything today, so we were cut off of our usual Gift Card redemption, shipping online through UPS, checking other stores for stock, and returns had to be processed differently too.  It was a pain in the ass… I hope it’s fixed soon.

Creative did have Rapidnet.net, and that turned into Kaien.net, which I believe it still is today.  They used to just have dial-up, and now it’s only DSL. 

Oh, and 10 minutes later, citywest.ca STILL hasn’t loaded so much as an image on the front page :neutral_face:

If this keeps up much longer I’ll actually spend more quality time with my family.  Damn you, Telus, lol. :smiley:

It is indeed a Telus problem, CityWest knows exactly what is causing the problem and how. Basically it’s a defective piece of equipment that is located here, bad packets are getting sent out causing random timeouts etc etc.