Re: B & B Shooting

Yeah, stopping the flow certainly works, no question.  Ask the Americans, who are now drug free thanks to their decades-old “war on drugs”.  They’ve stopped the flow completely, and solved their drug problem.

the war on drugs has proved useless on a mass scale…but let’s for a second put aside the problems in the US…and focus on rupert…now if you had to make a suggestion…what would it be?  how would you fix things there if asked?  because as far as i can tell, nobody is really doing much, and the best place to start, is by making it hard to get.  again, unless there is some angle i’m not seeing here. 

You now were it starts boy’s and girls “It starts at home, then it is with our legal system, it sucks, well not if you are a drug seller then its great".

The dealers here are always getting busted, but when they reach the court system there slapped on the hand and let go.

You want to start some were start there, and let’s adopt a 3 strike rule like in parts of the states. Or if you are an immigrant you get deported back to your country of origin 

More police on the street is not the answer, better laws is what is needed.

[quote=“Astrothug”]
The dealers here are always getting busted, but when they reach the court system there slapped on the hand and let go.[/quote]

You know this for a fact? I don’t remember ever seeing you at the courthouse. Have you even stepped foot in a courtroom? I’m not one to defend Judges. They can do some pretty screwy things some times. To blame the court system as a whole though is an opinion born of ignorance.

Yes, some dealers get off easy. Who do we blame for that? Not the Judges, strangely enough. They are only dealing out the laws of Canada. Every charge under the Criminal Code has varrying degree’s of punishment attached to them. The last time I cracked open a Criminal Code the punishment for drug dealing doesn’t say “Deal drugs and go to jail for ever and a day.”

I’m not saying tougher laws would help. It sure hasn’t helped the US.  You want to blame someone for Canada’s punishment for drug dealing though? Blame the people who make the laws. It’s all fine and dandy to sit back and sling blame around. How about instead you get off your ass and petition your government for tougher laws.

Blaming Judges, or “The Court System” is a copout. It’s easier to blame a faceless Judge who is only doing what we pay them and expect them to do: Meter out fair Justice based on the laws of Canada as they are written.

Mike

I heard a slightly different view of the whole shooting incident tonight, and you can bitch at me all you want, this is what I was told: 

The officer was trying to calm the woman down before any real drama happened, for a much longer time than the paper lead everyone to believe. 

The woman also went after the officer with a knife from the back room, not just scissors.  She was also constantly trying to get at the officer’s gun.

Her body was on such a high, she didn’t even bleed after being shot, and still continued to get up and cause shit after she’d been shot.

maybe I should have made it more clear, my fault there I blame the legal system, but any who Mike your going to tell me Im wrong!!! I dont need to go to court everyday like you, I have known alot of the sellers ( not for buying kids, just from knowing alot of people in our community) and I know they get busted from time to time and I know they dont get any more then community hours. tell me Im wrong!!

The legal system does not belong in my home or my bedroom so long as I am not  causing harm to others. If people want to shoot up/smoke weed or stick a cactus in their ass they should be allowed to and not regulated by law.  Where my behavior crosses the line would be when it hurts other people.

We dont need more drug regulations we need less, government regulated sales of drugs would work. It’s not like they dont already do it for the multi billion dollar drug companies which often produce more harmful drugs than street drugs.

So Jesus it will be ok if your son daughter to become addicted to a substance that will cause there body to fall apart, loose weight, cause them to itch and scratch until there skins is so raw they bleed, its ok for your son/daughter to get a disease like hep c or HIV, and spread it threw the use of dirty needles.

With out drug laws we will loose our kids to drug use, the use of meth is rising faster then anyone thinks. The damage it does to the body, to lose of work and to the rising medical we all pay into.

Sorry Jesus I think you would change your tune when it is a love one that is slowing killing them self over a high…….but then again…

It is one of the most ugly things that I must face so often,seeing many who were children in the community playing and being so caring. Now that so many of those Merchants of Misery have been destroying our children , our future resources. The problem is getting so much worse. I must say that Astrothug painted a fairly good picture and I do agree with his words. I know the RCMP’s hands are tied when it comes to addressing these issues with hard drugs. I believe when we know where it is coming from or who is putting it out we should as a community put signs in front of homes to warn off the neighbours.

So she wasn’t the Sarah Connor in this case, after all, but rather the cyborg from the future.

:unamused:

Really thats all I have to say to that, nice job of sidetracking the issue where did I say drugs should be legal for children. 

If I as an adult want to sit in my house and shoot up I see no reason why I shouldnt be allowed to unless its in front of my children, or i harm them in any way. 

Look how well the drug laws are working, from your own statements meth use is increasing, is meth legal? no. Usage is increasing because its cheap and easy to produce.

You want to stop children from using drugs well do your part and be a parent to your children, you know ask where they are going, verify they got there, check to see if parents will be there etc. 

Educate your children about the effects of drugs both “good” and bad so they have the information to make the choice. 

Of course this is all irrelevant because I am not talking about making it legal for them so the “wont somebody think of the children” argument doesnt apply. 

your child will turn into an adult he or she is still your child jesus, just becouse there over the age of 19 do you  disown them…no…so you read into my post …your child regardless of age jesus is still your child.

The social impact of legalizing drugs has more negative impact then you think. You paint this picture of what ever I do in my house should be fine, and that the only person that you’re hurting would be yourself, I guess if you living by yourself then I guess it would be sort of true.
But really this is not the case, most people have friends and family, and we surround ourselves with people like ourselves that have the same social backgrounds, experiences, educations or hobbies.
The same goes for alcoholics or drug users. Ask a heroin user if he/she it enjoys using, if she/he enjoys stealing from family and friends, if he/she enjoys prostitution to get there fix, regardless if the substance is legal or illegal they will need to purchase it and in the case of heroin, coke, or crack, the dependency is too high, you can never get enough,

You find me a successful person who has a drinking problem or drug problem that can maintain a normal life, most people who live with an alcoholic or drug using spouse leave the marriage unless that spouse is a user. User’s hang out with users, why because it reinforces the behavior.
It’s no fun hanging with your straight friends who don’t use. They don’t understand what it is like to have an addiction.

That is my opinion, and mine only until I hear the positives on legalizing drug use, I’m not changing my mind. 

Should alcohol use be illegal?

It seems to follow the same logic, doesn’t it?

:cry:

You’re so right, oh wait no you arent. Yes of course I would be unhappy that my child became a drug addicted loser. You’re missing the point, drugs being illegal doesnt stop people  from becomming drug addicts.

Let me just state this right now I do not condone hard drug use and would never personally use them. I just dont believe you or anyone else has a right to tell me or anyone else how to live my life or what I can put in my body so long as I am not harming others.

Like I said in my first post if someone wants to stick a cactus in their ass all the power to em its not healthy or something I would personally enjoy but I’d protect their freedom to do so.

Would you like someone forcing you into a legally  approved method/rythm/position for fucking your wife? or being required by law to eat certain foods deemed as “healthy” by the government?

It’s my choice what I put in my body if I choose to harm myself it should be my right to do so; whether or not you think it is wrong/immoral.

It was their choice to start using hard drugs, if they werent educated on the side effects then thats their parents failing but who the hell are you/I to tell them they cant. 

I am not saying there is a positive side to drugs, if there is I dont know what it is but there is a definite negative side to limiting my freedom based on your morals.

Good question Mig, I don’t drink to get drunk, the last time I had a drink was 9 months ago.  I did drink to get drunk in my younger years and no I don’t have a drinking problem…LOL… like most people in my younger years, I drank on weekends, I never got arrested for drinking and driving, or fighting, I was a happy drunk….I hated not feeling in control of my actions, I hated sleeping the next day away. And I watched my mom and dad drink everyday.
I know socially alcohol use and drug use is similar in a way, I grew up with both my parents being alcoholics, my mother who just pasted away drank right up until she died, she had a bad liver.

From my social background I don’t like drugs, I have watched people loose there homes, there children and there respect with in the community.  I don’t think drugs should be legalized and until I hear the benefits of legalizing drugs, I’m not changing my mind.

Sheesh. There are some obvious positives to drug and alcohol use.

The most important positive for alcohol use is that fat or ugly chicks, many of them perfectly fine people, kind, intelligent, fun to be with, get laid. Also, without alcohol, we would have so fewer funny stories to tell and listen to!

Marijuana, of course, makes a lot of things cooler, like watching a movie or a spot on the wall.

Now, I’m not into cocaine but, hell, without it we wouldn’t have had one of the all-time great movies and the phrases that come with it: “Scarface.”

Good for you, but what right do you have to judge me should I enjoy drugs?  Obviously if you are against drug use you wont want it to be legal, but stop and think about it for a minute arent you just trying to push your beliefs onto others. How would you feel if they did it in return?

The worlds all fucked up people are giving up their personal freedoms to protect the children or themselves from terrorism or drugs addicts and you’re falling right in step.  Dont come crying to me when you arent allowed  any recreational activities in the bedroom other than for procreation. 

what right do you have to tell me its ok, …LOL…come on jesus and tell me why it should be legel and tell me the benifits, i told you why I dint think its right so come on…spread the word Jesus