Re: A Traffic Cop Overdose

Among this wretched village’s many unique qualities, I’ve noticed the traffic cops are on almost every corner. What gives? Can’t they find something better for the new haircuts to do than issue traffic tickets? Most know there’s plenty of petty malignant criminals in this town who continuously make Rupert ill. Some of you have identified house(s) in town that deal in illicit goods and services. Why hasn’t anything been done? Why is this allowed to continue? There doesn’t seem to be a police shortage in town.

“Traffic Cops” actually issuing traffic tickets?

Oh

My

God

THE HORROR!

Seriously… if you want to debate the issue that the city/province should re-allocate those resources to other types of enforcement, then you might make a point. The constant posting about how the traffic officers are actually doing the jobs assigned to them though is getting a little tired.

You are the main reason for “traffic cop overdose”, Pedrico Lao.

Perhaps maybe you should help city recover the lost $5 million.

There is no Money is stoping young thugs from trashing our down town.
if they break stuff, then its the store owners responsibility to pay for the damage.

Its also the store owners who are getting the tickets for, rolling stops, seatbelts, not using blinkers
as they drive down to their store at 3am because of a broken window.

I actually saw databoy get a ticket by the bargan shop a week b4 his window got broken.

when you actually look at this system we have set up here…
we are just paying for everything… pay pay pay…

its like our taxes do nothing… we even had to pay for our own cat scan…
its ridicules…

…and dont cruise aimlessly around…you make your self a target…

not very nice kim il jong…not make much sense …how could pedrico lao recover the lost 5 mil when it wasnt even there to begin with.
Not even the sedated Pedrico could work that kinda miracle

Last night there was a traffic cop sitting in his car in the dark on McBride, in front of the plumbing store.  Is it saanich?  He was facing the stop sign in front of the liquor store. 

So yes, he was manning the toll booth, while just down the road on third avenue, there were a bunch of rowdy teenagers misbehaving. 

The RCMP have become toll booth operators.

[quote=“mcsash”]not very nice kim il jong…not make much sense …how could pedrico lao recover the lost 5 mil when it wasnt even there to begin with.
Not even the sedated Pedrico could work that kinda miracle
[/quote]

Well hey, Pedrico was complaining about traffic cops. Right? Might as well help recover $5 million by doing what he normally does, or otherwise “driving safely everyday keeps the traffic cops away.”

Perhaps he can drive on my great nation’s cleanest, most beautiful, near traffic-less freeways.

And BTW my name is KIM JONG-IL, not KIM IL-JONG.

Get my name right, or I send your clef-lipped face to North Korea as Premium Red Cross Food Aid.

whats up with you and lil’kim??
i dont get it…

then go away

Sorry bout that kim il jong…

[quote=“CrazyMike”]
“Traffic Cops” actually issuing traffic tickets?[/quote]

I guess the point is people think that they should be doing something more constructive than manning the tollbooth.  Maybe people think that it’s getting tiring seeing the overwhelming effort being put into squeezing every last cent out of drivers, while the very underwhelming effort being made in actually policing the city lately?
Or the constant whining about not enough manpower or officers to do any real policing, while there appears to be an avalanche of officers to man the tollbooth?
Or the complaint that we can’t get enough volunteers to help with policing, while we pay large salaries to real police officers to man the tollbooth?

That’s all getting pretty tired too.

I think I’ve said it before – the traffic guys are doing a great job.  They’re doing what they’re told to do. 

That’s not the point.  The point is whether this is the job that they should be doing, when there are obviously other priorities.  When the RCMP itself puts out a press release complaining about resources and not enough officers to fight drug crime, it seems a bit out of whack to see how much energy they’re putting into traffic enforcement, doesn’t it?

Or do you truly not see a disconnect there?

Read this press release:

rcmp-bcmedia.ca/pressrelease … ease=12332

Then come back and tell us why they complain about not having enough people, yet seem to come up with unlimited numbers for traffic?  For god’s sake, they even had an undercover guy at a stop sign!  They had about 10 guys on 3rd avenue giving jaywalking and rolling stop tickets one day!  Where are these 10 guys on 3rd avenue at 2am?

Now, nothing wrong with using undercover guys at stop signs, but if that’s what you want to do with your few officers, then stop complaining that you don’t have enough officers to fight real crime.

Next municipal election, I’m voting for the candidates that are willing to order the RCMP to put crime as their #1 priority, not rolling-stop tickets.

And while you’re obeying the traffic regulations and not getting tickets, the point still stands that there are traffic cops everywhere, but not much seems to be done about other crime.

I’ve never gotten a rolling stop sign (thanks for the warnings!), but I’m still pissed off every time I see a cop hiding by a stop sign.  A cop that could be walking a beat on 3rd avenue, or patrolling known drug hangouts, or intervening with some youth, or doing something else.

Sure, the cop is doing a great job watching traffic – they’re very good at that.  But these cops are very well trained in other aspects of policing too.

So there are two types of whiners here:  those who constantly get tickets, and those who don’t get tickets and are still pissed off.

If you’re not wearing a seatbelt, you deserve a ticket.  No sympathy.  But man, where’s the black-and-white reasoning when it comes to other crime?  Where’s the guy hiding in the bushes near the known drug hangouts?

The message seems to be getting across loud and clear:

Break a traffic law, and we’ll catch you.  Break any other law, and we’ll whine about how we’re understaffed.

I’m tired of the traffic cops. Never had an accident, one ticket, zero warnings.

Just obey the laws? Maybe if they were enforced reasonably! I’d like to be able to coast 56km/hr down a 50km/hr hill, instead of riding my brakes. Or roll a stop sign when it’s clearly safe to do so.

speaking of cops, listen to this asshole of a cop:

Cop hurt in rescue call of drowning boy sues family:

CASSELBERRY, Fla. (AP) — A police officer who slipped and injured a knee responding to a toddler’s near-drowning has sued the family of the 1-year-old boy, who suffered brain damage and can no longer walk, talk or swallow.

Casselberry Sgt. Andrea Eichhorn alleges Joey Cosmillo’s family left a puddle of water on the floor, causing her fall during the rescue efforts. She broke her knee and missed two months of work.

The boy fell into the pool outside the family’s home in suburban Orlando in January and now lives in a nursing home and eats and breathes through tubes.

“The loss we’ve suffered, and she’s seeking money?â€

[quote=“ChrisJ”]
speaking of cops, listen to this asshole of a cop:

Cop hurt in rescue call of drowning boy sues family:

CASSELBERRY, Fla. (AP) — A police officer who slipped and injured a knee responding to a toddler’s near-drowning has sued the family of the 1-year-old boy, who suffered brain damage and can no longer walk, talk or swallow.

Casselberry Sgt. Andrea Eichhorn alleges Joey Cosmillo’s family left a puddle of water on the floor, causing her fall during the rescue efforts. She broke her knee and missed two months of work.

The boy fell into the pool outside the family’s home in suburban Orlando in January and now lives in a nursing home and eats and breathes through tubes.

“The loss we’ve suffered, and she’s seeking money?â€[/quote]

The cop in Wisconsin who killed 6 kids including a 14 year old girl, is my favorite cop story of the year.

Uh . . . yee-ah . . . mine too.