RCMP shoot dog

[quote=“kbrentzen”]

That is rather harsh… And general… And not fair[/quote]

and unfortunately true. Maybe the shooting of the dog was justified, maybe not but regardless there will be no consequences nor apology.

[quote=“jesus”]

That is rather harsh… And general… And not fair

and unfortunately true. Maybe the shooting of the dog was justified, maybe not but regardless there will be no consequences nor apology.[/quote]

Ah yes, as is often the case with your tiresome little tirades, you are wrong.

“It is very unfortunate that this incident occurred and we offer our sincere apologies to the owner of the animal.”

thenorthernview.com/news/183715481.html

Ah, the skate park… the famous place where 8 to 10 kids gather nightly and distract motorists with the act of throwing snowballs as the cars reach the bridge deck down there on McBride.

I can see a strong safety concern if those kids saw the deer and dog quickly approaching and they all flee across McBride, jumping out of nowhere to get across McBride before the animals are upon them, while a semi and a bus approach heading north, and a taxi heading south, where all in the split of a second they all meet at the bridge deck. Some cannot see a safety concern of a dog chasing a deer? Oh well, the safety concern may not be imminent, but certainly is predicable~! :frowning:

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

Ah, the skate park… the famous place where 8 to 10 kids gather nightly and distract motorists with the act of throwing snowballs as the cars reach the bridge deck down there on McBride.

I can see a strong safety concern if those kids saw the deer and dog quickly approaching and they all flee across McBride, jumping out of nowhere to get across McBride before the animals are upon them, while a semi and a bus approach heading north, and a taxi heading south, where all in the split of a second they all meet at the bridge deck. Some cannot see a safety concern of a dog chasing a deer? Oh well, the safety concern may not be imminent, but certainly is predicable~! :frowning:[/quote]

I see the kids taking video and pics of the dog/wolf chasing a deer and uploading it on Facebook, I don’t see them running away from it, I see the guys going ohhhh kawl and the girls going awwwwww poor deer. What about the risk of the bullets the cop fires at the dog or wolf missing the target and hitting a person, a house, a car there’s way too many risk for shooting wolves in town when the risk of one getting attacked by a wolf is slim to none.

The cops are definitely “Damned if they do, Damned if they don’t”!
On one hand, we have concerned citizens, scared for the safety of the public from the attacking wolves, and on the other hand we have the other faction, scared for the safety of the public from stray bullets from the cops shooting the ravenous wolves…

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

I can see a strong safety concern if those kids saw the deer and dog quickly approaching and they all flee across McBride, jumping out of nowhere to get across McBride before the animals are upon them, while a semi and a bus approach heading north, and a taxi heading south, where all in the split of a second they all meet at the bridge deck. Some cannot see a safety concern of a dog chasing a deer? Oh well, the safety concern may not be imminent, but certainly is predicable~! :frowning:[/quote]

Ha, ha, now someone else come up with a hilariously unlikely scenario!

The cops must have seen this video:

Agreed. A dog owner has the responsibility of keeping their dog under control in public.

A dog chasing a deer is a dead dog.
That’s the rule in these parts.

[quote=“hitest”]

and we do know the owner failed in that responsibility. A dog chasing a deer through town is a significant danger to public safety. I sympathize with the dog owner’s grief having lost a pet but to ignore their responsibility in this event is disingenuous.

Agreed. A dog owner has the responsibility of keeping their dog under control in public.[/quote]

Agreed, at all times.

[quote=“Dex”]

and we do know the owner failed in that responsibility. A dog chasing a deer through town is a significant danger to public safety. I sympathize with the dog owner’s grief having lost a pet but to ignore their responsibility in this event is disingenuous.

Agreed. A dog owner has the responsibility of keeping their dog under control in public.

Agreed, at all times.[/quote]

Sometimes dogs get away from their owners, we don’t live in a perfect world and it certainly doesn’t mean this was an irresponsible owner. I think it is unfair and insensitive to suggest it.

[quote=“codybear933”]
Sometimes dogs get away from their owners, we don’t live in a perfect world and it certainly doesn’t mean this was an irresponsible owner. I think it is unfair and insensitive to suggest it.[/quote]

I was stating a fact. If you want to call me insensitive for talking about a dog owner’s responsibility I am okay with that.

Too bad people here won’t cut the officer(s) involved the same level of slack. Plenty of room aparently to make mistakes becuase it’s not a perfect world, just not if you’re the RCMP.

Remember folks, this dog was a wolf hybrid, it looked like a wolf and the officers had been called because of a wolf sighting in the area. A wolf was spotted the next day not far from Sherbrooke, on 11th Avenue at Edward. Yesterday one spotted for a second time in a few days by the ravine on 10th just past Frederick. Maybe it’s time for conservation officers to be called in if they haven’t been yet.

whats the big deal with wolves being around town anyways? they always have been with no problems, heard the RCMP killed a wolf today on the west side, shouldn’t we learn to live with them and not destroy them when they pose no threat to us, how many people have been attacked or killed in town by wolves? I’ve lived here my whole life and had encounters with wolves with no issues they see you and they leave and I’ve never heard of anyone being attacked by them, imho if you try and pet them or feed them and you get bitten then it’s your fault. I think it’s wrong what we’re doing in this town with killing wolves that have shown no aggression towards people, if they do then fine shot them but if their here tracking deer why should we destroy them?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]A dog chasing a deer is a dead dog.
That’s the rule in these parts.[/quote]

What about chasing a cat?

If anyone is foolish enough to think that the dog was shot for anything less than the WOLF MANIA in Prince Rupert, you must also believe in Santa Claus. I would make a simple speculation that the officer was victim to this same hysteria.

Any word on what they shot it with? Last time I heard they used shotty rounds and service revolvers on a bear - a horrible, long, drawn out way to be ripped apart and killed.

This city is being completely retarded about wolves, bears and even DEER now. Some parents here have a hard time watching their kids apparently. EYES ON or don’t let them out! You should be more afraid of Free Candy vans than animals.

A few fog horns, some anti-bear devices like the sound shells at the hunting store and within a few weeks I bet the wolves (and every other damn animal for that matter) will regress back to where it’s from. Instead, most people I see choose to snap a photo and run to Facebook with their slackivism thinking they are doing something about it.

I’ve come face to face with wolves. There’s nothing to worry about. Most of the time they’re more afraid of you then you are of them. Rupertites need to grow a pair instead of yacking about it on the internet and calling the RCMP to kill innocent dogs.

Onward and forward people…let it go…next subject please!!
Unfortunate yes…honest mistake definitely…forgive already.

Kev

Yeah SURE!!!

Well, when a wolf headed for me and my 2 small dogs on our street this morning (- yes, on leash for sure -) I was wishing for someone to come along and digging for my dog spray. But a van came around the corner and the wolf headed off in a different direction. There were 2 wolves, one went into the trees and the other came my way.

Are wolves intimidated by loud noises?