RCMP investigating allegations of historical sexual assault

RCMP investigating allegations of historical sexual assault by former local minor hockey coach

Share |

File # 2011-8357
2011-12-08 10:30 PST
The Prince Rupert RCMP are currently investigating allegations of historical sexual assault by former Prince Rupert Minor Hockey Association coach Robert John Paolinelli. Robert Paolinelli 42 yrs old, is currently facing sexual assault related charges in Spruce Grove, Alberta.

On October 21st, 2011, the Prince Rupert RCMP opened an investigation into Robert John Paolinelli’s past youth hockey coaching and refereeing activities, while he was associated to the Prince Rupert Minor Hockey Association back in the mid eighties to late nineties. Recent disclosures by the Stony Plain Alberta RCMP announcing Paolinelli’s arrest and charges being laid for sexual assault, sexual exploitation and forcible confinement generated high public attention in Alberta and in British Columbia. The Prince Rupert investigation was prompted by a public complaint being received.

“To date, we have spoken to one young man who made the difficult decision to speak with investigators and we believe that there may be others who were victimized by Paolinelli, during his tenure as a hockey coach/referee in Prince Rupert. Given the stigma and long lasting negative effects suffered by victims of such crimes, we have an important role to play not only in investigating the allegations, but in ensuring that the appropriate support is provided for victims of these crimes. This support includes maintaining their privacy throughout the investigation and are asking that victims or witnesses come forward.” stated Cpl Dan Moskaluk.

The Prince Rupert RCMP General Investigation Section, ask that anyone with information with respect to this investigation contact them at 250-627-0700.

Other items of note on this story can be found below:

bclocalnews.com/news/135263813.html

edmontonjournal.com/news/Sto … story.html

theprovince.com/news/Former+ … story.html

vancouversun.com/news/Former … story.html

edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local … montonHome

trinews.ca/2011/10/14/stony- … x-charges/

Edmonton Journal updated their story posted tonight

edmontonjournal.com/news/Acc … story.html

sick sick sick
did some investigating , he has an online name RJPAOL

please make this story a hot topic , we need anyone involved to come forward

I’m surprised nobody took him on a fishing trip… if these allegations prove true then someone should.

“IF” sums it up for me… I have not read any facts so I can’t comment other than to say this mans life is ruined now regardless if the accusations are true or not

“IF” sums it up for me… I have not read any facts so I can’t comment other than to say this mans life is ruined now regardless if the accusations are true or not

I agree. The man has already been crucified and hasn’t been to trial yet.

We should try to remember that this man is part of a prominent family in our community and they are obviously going through a lot at the moment. They deserve our respect so let’s try to keep the insensitive comments down and let due process take its place. My thoughts go out to those involved and I hope that justice is served either way.

I can’t speak about the other accounts, but Rob tried some “wrestling moves” on me when I was much younger and other young boys as well. It was reported but obviously didn’t get anywhere. It’s good to see that something’s finally being done about this sick monster. I’ve already contacted the RCMP and I hope that any one that’s had similar experiences with Robert will do the same.

and according to the RCMP more victims have come forward. I don’t care about what his ‘prominent’ family is going through, this man has a history of molesting young boys. Nothing insensitive about that, just monsterous. If any one else reading this has any information please contact that RCMP at 250-624-2136

When I was going through something similar to this I was told by a doctor that on a personal level, what actually happened isn’t as important as how it made me feel. However, the law doesn’t work this way.

He has obviously done something that left someone feeling violated and I have nothing but respect and admiration for those who have come forward. As difficult as it may be I would encourage any others to do the same as it is one way to help make those bad feelings go away.

Now it’s up to the justice system to sort it all out. Let’s just hope “family prominance” doesn’t get in the way. Sometimes that’s the “power” that keeps victims from opening up and keeps the guilty out of jail. (NOTE: I am not saying he’s guilty.)

Should have used the word PAST.
I almost thought they were investigating cases in the Bible or an assault so monumental it would be noted along with shit going down in the Congo.

Perhaps the term ‘respected hard working family’ is a more accurate term to use.
There are a lot of victims in this. Please don’t forget the innocent family of the person
charged. I am sure that they are in a time of turmoil as well as are the families of the alleged
victims. Please let the due process of law proceed without further undue pain to innocent people.

Well said there 97B-Line , We should allow the RCMP to do an investigation through out the community and offer guidance
to the victim who may come forward .

[quote=“97 B-LINE”]

Perhaps the term ‘respected hard working family’ is a more accurate term to use.
There are a lot of victims in this. Please don’t forget the innocent family of the person
charged. I am sure that they are in a time of turmoil as well as are the families of the alleged
victims. Please let the due process of law proceed without further undue pain to innocent people.[/quote]

Not to split hairs but I’ll agree that they are respected and hard-working although not everyone may agree with that. They are well known regardless of how you, I or anyone else may perceive them.

For the most part though I think you and I are in agreement.

Sorry to hear this, TLO303. Can you tell us who you reported it to? Might be an interesting question to ask the person or organization to which you reported it why nothing happened.

globaltvedmonton.com/local+h … story.html
and yes i know of one victim…

cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ … -date.html
sentencing in June…