RCMP in Terrace investigated for injury in custody

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … stody.html

[quote]"Three officers from the New Westminster Police Service are investigating after a man received a head injury while in the custody of Terrace RCMP Saturday night.

RCMP said the 47-year-old man was arrested and taken into police custody for possibly driving while impaired."[/quote]

My question: Were the New Westminster police called in by the local RCMP? Or are they investigating because the man in question ended up in hospital in New Westminster?

well at least the cameras werent mysteriously malfunctioning this time…

I can’t find the original news release, I’ve looked on the RCMP site. Anybody have a link?

Edit: terracestandard.com/news/148536085.html

Terrace Standard has more info:

“As this incident involved members of the Terrace RCMP, to maintain public confidence I have requested an independent external agency conduct an investigation into the events, Sunday evening members from the New Westminster Police Service arrived in Terrace and began their investigation, of which the RCMP are fully cooperating. I am confident the community will continue to have trust in the RCMP”, said Inspector Dana Hart, officer in charge Terrace Detachment.

There is a protocol in place that until the Independent Investigative Office or whatever it’s going to be called in BC is up and running, an outside agency investigates all matters where a member of the public is killed or seriously injured while in custody.

So, the accused was taken into custody for “possible” impaired. Perhaps while the accused was on the other side of the steel doors and in custody, decides to have a leak to relieve some of that beer pressure, and as seen in the clip below, instead of crashing into the wall while unzipping his fly, he nose-dives right into the steel toilet.

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]So, the accused was taken into custody for “possible” impaired. Perhaps while the accused was on the other side of the steel doors and in custody, decides to have a leak to relieve some of that beer pressure, and as seen in the clip below, instead of crashing into the wall while unzipping his fly, he nose-dives right into the steel toilet.

I hope there was cameras where this did happen so we can actually know the truth behind this of what happened.[/quote]

If it’s “possibe” impaired, have they considered it may have been a head injury prior to lock-up? The effects aren’t always seen right away depending on where the bleed is.

I hope we are able to read the final report.

You must consult the all mighty Google…

news.google.com/news/story?hl=en … CC0QqgIwAA

x

[quote=“Speedy”]

I hope there was cameras where this did happen so we can actually know the truth behind this of what happened.[/quote]

hqprincegeorge.com/news/local/ne … estigation