Rare bird spotted

This is very similar to what the bird looked like. I’m thinking this may be it!

There’s only one way to solve this debate.  We should blast it so we can ID it’s corpse! 

Good call by photoguy.  The two largest cormorants in Peterson’s field guide are the double-crested cormorant and the Brandt’s cormorant.  Both are a little less than three feet long. If you have a chance to observe them at rest ( the double crested is quite common on the east coast), you will see them with their wings open to dry them after diving for fish.  I once got so close to a double-crested that  I could have grab it.  The bird was apparently sleeping with its wings crossed in front of his face.  The poor bird was quite panicked when I clap my hands right behind his head and he scrambled out of there really fast.

With dynamite?!

No!  The pieces would be too small to ID.  With a shotgun, of course. 

how rude u 2 r :stuck_out_tongue:

If it didn’t have feathers how did it fly? A birds flight is only possible because of its feathers. Is it not?

Although not technically a bird bats manage to fly without feathers. 

but are there 3 to 4 feet bats flying around prince rupert, that’s the question… :smiley:

What are guys smoking? I want some!
Seeing birds with no feathers flying thats amaaaaaaaaaazing or Trippy

[quote=“TranscendingRationality”]
Although not technically a bird bats manage to fly without feathers.  [/quote]

So do bumblebees…which has thrown engineers for decades…I think they have finally proven (mathematically) that bees can fly…I laughed so hard when I read that…I’ll go tell the bees that they are permitted to fly now.