Random police stop setting record straight

[quote=“chookie”]Is sad that the police have to defend what seems like a very routine traffic stop.
With all the cell phone cameras around today, it is impressive how few negative events are captured on video because sure as heck a large amount of the time someone has a camera pointed at them every time they do anything.[/quote]

seems to me that happens a lot on this site. people complain about something and someone is always left having to defend themselves!

Case in point. Are you complaining about this site?

[quote=“MiG”]

Case in point. Are you complaining about this site?[/quote]

No not complaining about the site. i find it very useful to stay up to date. But I think its unfortunate the officer felt they had to come on and defend his work.

I am glad that the officer took time out of his day to join our site and correct misinformation that was posted. We were misled.

Hah, sorry, my fault, I was totally kidding. I should have included a smilie or something. Didn’t mean any offence.

I think it’s an honoured tradition on HTMF to complain about HTMF.

I also think it’s great that the officer, or someone who knew about the event, posted on the site. That tells us that the RCMP actually reads the site. :smile:

Anyway, I stand by what I, and others have said about the local RCMP. They’re normal people, doing a job that is often unnecessarily dangerous. It’s easy enough to deal with them if you’re polite and reasonable.

[quote=“MiG”]
Anyway, I stand by what I, and others have said about the local RCMP. They’re normal people, doing a job that is often unnecessarily dangerous. It’s easy enough to deal with them if you’re polite and reasonable.[/quote]

Agreed. I am very thankful that the RCMP do the necessary and dangerous work that they do. The officers that I have met are good people. :smile:

QFT !

In stead of charging a family for a improper seat I watched that same officer drive and get a car seat for a car loaded with kids at a road block . I have been educated and I sincerely hope you go far in your profession I’m sure you will

And now I will QFT

LOL, perhaps but 24 hours too late on that call.

[quote=“Smurfette”]

LOL, perhaps but 24 hours too late on that call.[/quote]

more like 96 hours in his world

Hmmm…? Maybe I’m not getting some nuance in meaning here. Must check again. :smile:

These kinds of posts by people like w.f.m.e, are why people don’t take this site seriously. Unlawfully detained… Right… My question is, why do you have such a guilty conscience w.f.m.e? Why do you think the police are harassing you, and are picking on you? If you’ve done nothing wrong, it shouldn’t be a big deal… The police aren’t here to make your life miserable, they’re here to protect you, and others.

I hope next time you have a beef with our local force, you take the time and tell the ACTUAL truth, and don’t try and embellish it, so people will side with you.

And thank you to the constable who took the time to post what really happened.

1245 unique visitors yesterday. I think “people” take this site seriously enough. Otherwise “people” wouldn’t be visiting.

If “people” didn’t take it seriously, why would the RCMP take the time to register an account and respond?

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]These kinds of posts by people like m.e, are why people don’t take me seriously. Unlawfully detained… Right… My question is, why do you have such a guilty conscience w.f.m.e? Why do you think the police are harassing you, and are picking on you? If you’ve done nothing wrong, it shouldn’t be a big deal… The police aren’t here to make your life miserable, they’re here to protect you, and others.

I hope next time you have a beef with our local force, you take the time and tell the ACTUAL truth, and don’t try and embellish it, so people will side with you.

And thank you to the constable who took the time to post what really happened.[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

[quote=“MiG”]

1245 unique visitors yesterday. I think “people” take this site seriously enough. Otherwise “people” wouldn’t be visiting.

If “people” didn’t take it seriously, why would the RCMP take the time to register an account and respond?[/quote]

An observation on this point, it’s probably more a case of the individual constable responding and providing information, I wouldn’t take it to mean an official endorsement of the site by the federal police force, I suspect they are still inclined to deliver less information than more in most instances.

My favourite thing about all this is hitest’s huge flip-flop.

This quote above is my favorite irrelevant comment in this entire thread. :slight_smile:

[quote=“PLA”]

This quote above is my favorite irrelevant comment in this entire thread. ^_[1]

Heh. :smile:

1. /quote ↩︎

there are two solid activities that everyone loves to do in Prince Rupert: Listen to the scanner and complain on HTMF … dog bless the Rup!