Quiznos?!?!?!

So there’s a half page Quiznos ad on page 12 of Friday’s Daily Snooze… “You could be the next Quiznos owner in Prince Rupert… our site is ready.”

Is this just a generic ad, or do you think they are really looking for someone to open one up here? Would it be part of the construction along the highway by the old BC Hydro?

It’ll ONLY cost at least $228,800 to buy the franchise :smiley:

If you go to the Royop website and check out their projects in other areas, Quiznos is almost always part of their development. I’m drooling just thinking about it.

There food isnt even that good

Quizno’s is definatly decent food… but Not somthing you can have everyday… It’ begins to become to much… As i learned in kelowna… lol

can’t eat quiznos every day.

It’s MEH. I doubt it’d put the Subway out of business. Or is that rumour of the Subway closing actually true?

The Subway in Rupert is no-where near closing. They are going to be doing big $$ renovations in the next couple months.

I love Subway… but eating it with braces takes an hour and a half and requires a knife and fork :frowning:

what is a quiznos ?

a better subway

Even the way they toast thier sub’s is better at Quiznos.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]Even the way they toast thier sub’s is better at Quiznos.

Mike[/quote]

couldn’t agree more

Quiznos are the guys who started Subway toasting thier subs. Quiznos does it better, but $228K is way out there for a franchise. I doubt the one in Prince George was worth that.
It’s also really small town to think one will put the other out of business. When people get more choices, they usually go out more often and increase business overall.
The Fort is so goddam small town they literally ganged up when they heard someone was coming with a Subway franchise. Believe it or not the mayor and the Chamber of Commerce told him it would be a “stupid” idea. He even got calls at home that if he dared open one they’d make sure he lost his shirt. Impressive bunch of losers here, huh?
I told the guy he was nuts to listen, the highschool would keep him going. Hell my stepson would spend $50 a week eating at Subway if he could. Eats 2 12" subs every time we pass through Vanderhoof.
Forgot to mention the President of the Chamber owns a place that sells subs (because the other guy that started selling subs because the guy before started selling subs because the guy before him started selling subs) that are so disgusting no one will buy them anymore.
This is after all the town that once had seven takeout pizza joints, four of which sold samozas (plus the bakery) because the East Indian cook at one started to and a couple people bought them.

So if you’re coming for the Thunder On Ice snowmobile races, pack a lunch or it’s bad chinese… :frowning:

From what little time my attention span would allow me to research this, $228,00 is actually pretty average. That number represents the total amount of money invested though, not just the francise fee. Here are some examples gathered from a Franchise Gator search for Canadian franchises:

Quiznos: $176,050 - $236,900
Subway: $86,000 - $250,000
Ben & Jerry’s: $300,000
A&W: $360,000
Boston Pizza: $1,575,000 - $2,150,000
KFC: $360,000

Well reading that… I guess there’s no hope in hell of getting a Boston Pizza here anytime soon.

Did they ever sell La Cucina? I remember the owners talking about it. I would buy that before any franchise if I had the money ( and if I still lived in Rupert). And I’m sure it’s cheaper than $ 228 000.

Who’d want one anyway? The pizza in Rupert’s always been pretty good as I remember. Zorba’s was always really good.

I was also very pleasantly surprised with their Indian food. Their lamb keema is to die for!

[quote=“Stardog Champion”]

Who’d want one anyway? The pizza in Rupert’s always been pretty good as I remember. Zorba’s was always really good.

I was also very pleasantly surprised with their Indian food. Their lamb keema is to die for![/quote]

Who the hell goes to Boston Pizza for the pizza?? Their appys and other food is where it’s at.

I just want some place other than a pub to hang out at to watch a hockey game.

Oh, and Rodhos pizza is waaaaaaaay better than Zorbas.

I think I’ve had LaCucinas pizza twice, and I was very impressed. The only thing that I don’t like about the restaurant, is that they operate on “business hours” instead of “eating hours” or late-nights.

Maybe 5 years ago, I used to go to Rodhos probably 4-5 nights a week for dinner, but it was all after 11 at night, when nothing else was open. Not having anything else open wasn’t our deciding factor in going there, the RCMP scenery was nice as well :smiley:

I know who it is through direct knowledge and it’s a real possibility if they can work out a deal.

Mike

[quote=“HotmailDOTCom”]

I was also very pleasantly surprised with their Indian food. Their lamb keema is to die for!

Who the hell goes to Boston Pizza for the pizza?? Their appys and other food is where it’s at.

I just want some place other than a pub to hang out at to watch a hockey game.

Oh, and Rodhos pizza is waaaaaaaay better than Zorbas.

While I agree that Rodhos has better pizza than Zorbas, both of them don’t even come close to La Cucina. Though stay away from there at lunch, you often have to wait a long time just to get a table.

But by far they have the best pizza.[/quote]

The last time I went to Rodhos was about 15 years ago, so I can’t talk about their quality. I did go to Zorba’s quite recently though, so I can. But if I were to go there, it would more likely be for their Indian food, like I said before. Their butter chicken is also really good.

As I’ve said before, Rupert’s always had good eating. It would only need two things for it to be perfect in my books: a Thai place and an okonomiyaki place.

I wish Macey’s was still open… that place had the yummiest stuff. I don’t think there was anything on the menu that I didn’t like.