Puzzling router problem

Shitty online manual though.
I have Spam & Phish for SMTP turned OFF, my mail servers can do that. Something is dropping connections for a small number of users (421 send error), I don’t know what.
Trying to figure out the way for the firewall to just pass ALL port 25 traffic.
And trying to find away to access my bandwidthd install remotely.

Wondering also if I shout stop the WebFilter from blocking proxies.

[quote=“jase”]8.1 is out, :smile: try it !

I think the “Slow booting (15 minutes to boot a firewall?),” is because of old hardware, my dell 1.8 with 2 gigs ram booted in 4 min, and boot time who cares, why would you care ? it’s a firewall it should have a “HIGH” uptime not rebooted all the time.

Don’t know about you, but untangle is the easiest to use. I’ve stated it before tho, use shit hard ware, get shit results.[/quote]

Funny I always thought it was use shit software and get shit results. My ‘shit’ hardwares been up for a year now running the network, filtering viruses and beating its little heart. The backup shitbox is still idling waiting for its time to shine. To contrast my expensive hardwares been sent in for service 3x now.

4 min boot time seems quite high especially for those specs ill be staying away. I don’t buy the whole its not meant to be reboot so it doesn’t matter line of thinking. It pisses me off when cisco does it too. If I HAVE to reboot my critical infrastructure I want it up now. Talking to customers sucks.

In fairness, the Untangle boxes I reboot pass traffic in about 2 minutes, it seems to take much longer to boot up the GUI.
And at least there’s the freebie Lite version to try, whereas I’m stuck with that useless NetGear I had to buy and doesn’t work worth shit. Who ever even thought of releasing a product that works with one brand of bridged router and not another?

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]In fairness, the Untangle boxes I reboot pass traffic in about 2 minutes, it seems to take much longer to boot up the GUI.
And at least there’s the freebie Lite version to try, whereas I’m stuck with that useless NetGear I had to buy and doesn’t work worth shit. Who ever even thought of releasing a product that works with one brand of bridged router and not another?[/quote]

It’s slow to boot the GUI, because it’s running and checking all the vm’s and their state. I’ve been playing with 8.1 works great, Intel network cards rock, and are dirt cheap.

Ive passed so much VOIP traffic over vpn through it, it’s not even funny any more!

However just got a new Sonicwall 210, im learning, and being sent away for training soon for.

Well, off to go play with fiber stuff :smile:

Spent 4 1/2 hours today setting up a debit/Visa reader with the phone stuck on my ear.
3 hours convincing them there was a problem with the machine, not with "my network"
1 hour downloading a whole new config by dialup
another 1/2 hr waiting for it to program and verifying it worked.
Love those CSRs who will not pass you to a tech no matter what…
If you can ping from this station and that one and that one but not the one you’re on it ain’t the fucking network!!!

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]Spent 4 1/2 hours today setting up a debit/Visa reader with the phone stuck on my ear.
3 hours convincing them there was a problem with the machine, not with "my network"
1 hour downloading a whole new config by dialup
another 1/2 hr waiting for it to program and verifying it worked.
Love those CSRs who will not pass you to a tech no matter what…
If you can ping from this station and that one and that one but not the one you’re on it ain’t the fucking network!!![/quote]

were they in india ?

No they we y’alls believe it or not. Hadn’t talked to a real live Mare-can in ages.

ohhh texans :smile: