Pulp mill spill rumor

Rumor has it that during the cold spell pipes burst at the Pulp Mill and some toxic sludge flowed out into a water basin. Anyone have any information/update on this?

That kinda stuff happens alot more more than we know of, and I dont think they have the flushing capacity due to no water coming from the Kloya dam anymore, who knows what goes on, in that dangerous 60 somthing year old pulp mill, the place is probably covered in toxic waste lol

I doubt that there would be anything left to overflow as all the products were drained from the tanks and most if not all of the tanks and subsequent pipes etc were sold/given away at bargain prices when Sunwave had the site.

I heard this afternoon that there was a “black” toxic sludge (as quoted) that now sits in the bay (can’t remember the name of the bay, but when I asked, was told it was Port Edward).

black liquor? that stuff is good for ya.

If it was black liquor the basin it would /should have gone into is the overflow basin made for just such a reason. But being that there is no one there other than security who would actually know?? Would any of them call in the spill to Environment Canada … don’t think so. To the earlier poster re toxic site, there was over 7 million dollars of site remediation work done around 2003/2004. You should see what the records/ maps indicate what gets piled out there. There is even an artrillery dump site from WWII. The mill site is over 18 miles in total. Lotsa room to store lotsa items … who knows maybe Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the chip pile or in cement shoes under da dock. It’s actually quite an intersting history starting back in the 1950’s. Of which I hope went to the archives, would be a shame to lose all the info.

If it was black liquor the basin it would /should have gone into is the overflow basin made for just such a reason. But being that there is no one there other than security who would actually know?? Would any of them call in the spill to Environment Canada … don’t think so. To the earlier poster re toxic site, there was over 7 million dollars of site remediation work done around 2003/2004. You should see what the records/ maps indicate what gets piled out there. There is even an artrillery dump site from WWII. The mill site is over 18 miles in total. Lotsa room to store lotsa items … who knows maybe Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the chip pile or in cement shoes under da dock. It’s actually quite an intersting history starting back in the 1950’s. Of which I hope went to the archives, would be a shame to lose all the info.