Pulp Mill opening

the pulp mill is openning, china has bought it and will dismantle B mill and open A mill, Gorden Cambell will be up tomorrow to anounce it… good news for Rupert

Is it any good?

Which mill was better?

What’s the difference between them?

How many people does it take to run?

I got invited to the announcement. Anybody else get invited? I think they were just going through the phone book. I’m debating going. I support the liberals and am interested in what they have to say, but I hate political events.

Do any of the respective unions still have any influence?

B mill is the new mill, new technolagy (bad Speller sorry)
A mill is the old one over 30 + years old.
they will take the new mill and leave us the old one. better then nothing

So let me get this straight – we, the taxpayers of BC, pay for B Mill (and the upgrades), $450 million. Now it’s going off to China.

Boy, they must love us!

And they’ll “operate” A mill for a few months, then close it down, because it can’t compete with other mills (including the B mill in China!).

Tax breaks all around! Break out the champagne!

Internal Memo from Chinese Company Buying Mill

Region is prone to protesters that might interfere with removal of the few usable components. Be sure to offer red herring to avoid this. Rumor has it that the locals like fish.

END

Seriously though, it’s true, we can’t compete no matter what we do. When so many mills are closing, what makes anyone think that we can open one? How can you ever think that you’d recoup startup costs?

The property would be better suited as another port for shipping. There is only so much land around, and the mill property already has access for cargo ships, trains and the highway without having to pass though a city. Seems like a good idea, eh?

Be sure to tell your congressman!

A little birdie told me somehting else regarding Campbell’s visit on Wednesday…three letters…L…N…G…

[quote=“Astrothug”]B mill is the new mill, new technolagy (bad Speller sorry)
they will take the new mill and leave us the old one. better then nothing[/quote]

Actually I think A mill is the new one and B mill is the old one.

Frankly I think it’s better to just let that whole place die. Sure a few more jobs would be nice, but as has been pointed out… how long will it last? I’m just tired of the whole “Mill Saga”. That property could be put to better use supporting new industry.

Mike

[quote=“Dave”]

[quote=“Astrothug”]B mill is the new mill, new technolagy (bad Speller sorry)
they will take the new mill and leave us the old one. better then nothing[/quote]

Actually I think A mill is the new one and B mill is the old one.[/quote]

You’re correct… They are leaving us with the new mill (A), and scrapping the other one. B mill hasnt run in 15 years for more than a month at any given time. A Mill can out produce B mill which consists of 2 lines… A Mill consisting of only 1 larger machine.

[quote=“MiG”]So let me get this straight – we, the taxpayers of BC, pay for B Mill (and the upgrades), $450 million. Now it’s going off to China.

Boy, they must love us!

And they’ll “operate” A mill for a few months, then close it down, because it can’t compete with other mills (including the B mill in China!).

Tax breaks all around! Break out the champagne![/quote]

The reason that make the Prince Rupert Pulp Mill so competative is that we have air, Rail, Sea, and Road access… 3 transportation methods that actually goto the site of the mill. No other Pulp Mill in Canada has this advantage.

[quote=“Delirious”]

The reason that make the Prince Rupert Pulp Mill so competative is that we have air, Rail, Sea, and Road access… 3 transportation methods that actually goto the site of the mill. No other Pulp Mill in Canada has this advantage.[/quote]

Well just a correction… but i do belive its Road, Rail and Sea… Not sure of any airplanes going to the site.

[quote=“timbits”]

[quote=“Delirious”]

The reason that make the Prince Rupert Pulp Mill so competative is that we have air, Rail, Sea, and Road access… 3 transportation methods that actually goto the site of the mill. No other Pulp Mill in Canada has this advantage.[/quote]

Well just a correction… but i do belive its Road, Rail and Sea… Not sure of any airplanes going to the site.[/quote]

No, its has road to the site, it has a rail yard on site, and it has a deepsea shipping facility. The airport i was refering to rupert itself, but its a means of transportation. While we’re stating the airport, why not include BC Ferries and Greyhound bus lines as well. What im saying is that theres unlimited possibilities for trasportation for future development of the pulp mill.

Funny how all this nice stuff happens to us right around election time, no?

Oh well. Let’s take what we can and run like hell.

Yep, and it’s stupid how certain politicians take the credit for things happening that they had nothing to do with in the first place.

:laughing: and then the same people dont even accept the consequences of their actions.

http://www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_0/user_8114/upload_12756.jpg

look of grimmace my ass he was smiling.

Awww that picture reminds me of the one I made… I have no idea where it went though.

I have this feeling some russians might try to put it on bcliberals.com :laughing: