Pulp Mill Opening Soon

I know this is a far fetched dream of everybody in rupert, but aparently the union has signed an agreement with the chinese. They are to take a 33% cut from the industry standard, as well as a bunch more rediculous things. Nobody gets their previous seniourity, and everybody starts at 2 week vacation. They are hiring back 300 people and cutting it down to 200. Again, these are all rumors and whether or not they signed an agreement like that is still up in the air.

Anyones’ take on this?

Myth, no, faerie tale.

When will someone buy a building that will run 60% of the efficiency when it reopens? I doubt it will happen for a long time. And i personally don’t want it to happen, Rupert needs a break from pollution.

I’m sure that it will open. Councillor Kennedy stated a few weeks ago that the City had come to an agreement in regards to taxation. The Terrace mill also needs to send their chips somewhere. I think that it is now only a matter of time and getting through all of the remaining red tape and it will be running.

Strange how a year ago we were all ecstatic that Woodbridge was investing with Veniez and that the city may get all of its back taxes. One year later and I think that we all care a little less, No Veniez, no Woodbridge and no taxes. But yet the future is so much brighter.

[quote=“fingahz”]I’m sure that it will open. Councillor Kennedy stated a few weeks ago that the City had come to an agreement in regards to taxation. The Terrace mill also needs to send their chips somewhere. I think that it is now only a matter of time and getting through all of the remaining red tape and it will be running.

Strange how a year ago we were all ecstatic that Woodbridge was investing with Veniez and that the city may get all of its back taxes. One year later and I think that we all care a little less, No Veniez, no Woodbridge and no taxes. But yet the future is so much brighter.[/quote]

speak fore yourself you would have to be blind to see what Veniez was doing I knew from the get go it would never get going. and dont worrie its only a matter of time when the thing is closed and gone. even if the chinese buy it and get it going its only got a few years and some unoin will ask for more money for there workers and the thing will go back to china were they will hire people …kids… for 30 cents a hr… :smiling_imp:

right, because kids make good mill workers…

cheap labor….u think people make 15.00 or more dollars a hr there. U ever see who works in the mine’s and other intense labor factory’s there are children who work in those places. its not about if they are better then us its about low cost over high paid workers…

Astrothug wrote:

My point was that we seem to have all gotten over the mill in the past year. If it doesn’t open I don’t think that anyone will shed a tear. I can’t say for certain what Veniez motives were but I know that I am for one happy to see him out of the picture. If the Chinese spend millions to move it to China then I guess that is their perogative. Its my feeling though that we will see an operating mill long term. Maybe I’m overly optimistic but I’d rather look at the positive aspect while there still is one.

Try not to get your hopes up on the mill opening again. I think it needs serious renovating before it opens up again anyway.

I haven’t looked back at the mill ever since the Veniez bullshit has happened. It was obvious nothing was being taken care of, and that was the reality of it for me. I’ll believe it’s open when it actually opens, if it ever does, and if not, life goes on.

Erh, yes. The Pulp mill gets so much attention and i know Rupert wants it to reopen, but i think people aren’t buying it because it is going to be inefficient when it reopens, so like i said they should renovate and fix it up, then it might reopen for sure.

When the Northcoast is going full board in the near future. Don’t forget to thank the great people of Lax Kw’alaams. “The Island of Roses”

why ? Im Queries did they do something that’s going to help?

Yeah please explain?

Mike

They’re part of the deal, aren’t they? They stepped up with cash?