PRPA CEO discusses the need to grow the port

Prince Rupert Port Authority president and CEO Don Krusel was the speaker at the Prince Rupert and District Chamber of Commerce on February 15, and one of his key messages was the importance managing the growth of the port is to the economy of western Canada as a whole.

thenorthernview.com/news/139482463.html

Just seen on GlobalBC that the BC Libs are forking out 700 millions tomorrow for the Asia Pacific Gateway projects. Hope we get some good news tomorrow!

Here is the link,
globaltvbc.com/exclusive+new … story.html

Sounds like the money is going to Delta Port.

Delta is getting some for sure, but they said projects, not just Delta. says corridors,would think we be one of 2 corridors.
In the article is states, "The government will announce $700 million in new funding for B.C.'s major trade corridors to increase trade with Asia and to support the Gateway Project

Read it on Global News: Global BC | EXCLUSIVE: New funding set to be announced for Asia Pacific Gateway Project

Prince Rupert was the one called Asia Pacific Gateway until Port Vancouver whined about it so now they are part of the Asia Pacific Gateway, so don’t be too surprised if the majority of that money goes to the Vancouver area and we get a small pitance of it

A good part of that money will be used to double the track to pg,there is anouther line that wants to come to prince rupert port but rupert dosnt have the space there ships are to big there from europe and they are bigger then cosco.

There is no third line coming this year, but there will be more volume coming thru. My sources are definitely more reliable than AJayes. Also there has been a lot of rail track work done and I’m sure there will be more, but I can’t see doubling the track, have you seen the terrain. It would cost a fortune.

the track portion was allready posted, CN announced it awhile back but only dbl track where possible, between here and Terrace there will be more sidings not dbl tracked.

And how many projects tie into our “little” port here. I think after all the hubub over the last fifteen years of “it’s gonna happen” “something” is actually happening. Hopefully the long-time Rupertites who stuck it out while living in this rainy, economically bust, ass-end of the road of Canada can finally see some economic up-swing and prosperity.

CN Calgary Terminal news: thenorthernview.com/news/142646646.html
+
Ridley Island Rail Corridor upgrading
+
Moving Forward to Phase II continous
+
Longshoremen Hiring etc.

Things are looking up.

part of a cbc report,http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/04/02/bc-gateway-spending-partners.html

Key spending planned:

Province — $850 million
$700 million on highways to 2017
Up to $100 million in the Prince Rupert Road Rail Utility Corridor ($15 million already committed)
$50 million commitment (announced Fall 2011) to Deltaport terminal projects

Private — ~$23 billion
$18 billion in private sector pipeline and plant investment to support the development of the liquefied natural gas sector, consistent with the BC Liquefied Natural Gas Strategy.
$3.75 billion to increase container terminal capacity at B.C. ports
$700 million to develop additional potash terminal capacity
$300 million to $1.1 billion to expand coal terminal capacity in Vancouver and Prince Rupert
Up to $60 million to expand metal and mineral terminal capacity in Northwest B.C. and Vancouver.

Other
$2.8 billion for rail, by CN and Canadian Pacific

DO you know who Ajaye is? IF you don’t, then how you do know your sources are more reliable than his? You don’t even know who is sources are…

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

DO you know who Ajaye is? IF you don’t, then how you do know your sources are more reliable than his? You don’t even know who is sources are…[/quote]

his sources are incorrect over 90% of the time. I’m pretty sure a mood ring or magic 8ball is a more reliable source.

[quote=“jesus”]

DO you know who Ajaye is? IF you don’t, then how you do know your sources are more reliable than his? You don’t even know who is sources are…

his sources are incorrect over 90% of the time. I’m pretty sure a mood ring or magic 8ball is a more reliable source.[/quote]

LOL like I keep saying, a lot of what he says, he’s just trying to get a rise out of people…

Guess what?

It works everytime.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

LOL like I keep saying, a lot of what he says, he’s just trying to get a rise out of people…

Guess what?

It works everytime.[/quote]

Gets a rise out of sad economically depressed people by trying to get their hopes up about coming prosperity. That’s like telling a cancer patient a cure is coming all the while you silently mock them. Dick move.

Also I’d assume most people including myself like to make fun of stupid people on the internet.

[quote=“jesus”]
Gets a rise out of sad economically depressed people by trying to get their hopes up about coming prosperity. That’s like telling a cancer patient a cure is coming all the while you silently mock them. Dick move.

Also I’d assume most people including myself like to make fun of stupid people on the internet.[/quote]

Comparing ajaye46’s posts to someone who silently mocks cancer patients is perhaps a little over the top. :smile:
I suspect that most people are aware that our reverse oracle (ajaye46) mostly gets it wrong and are not too offended by his posts. I usually get a chuckle reading his stuff.

[quote=“chookie”]part of a cbc report,http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/04/02/bc-gateway-spending-partners.html

Key spending planned:

$300 million to $1.1 billion to expand coal terminal capacity in Vancouver and Prince Rupert
Up to $60 million to expand metal and mineral terminal capacity in Northwest B.C. and Vancouver.
[/quote]

The announcement wasn’t much since it was mostly highlighting private investment and previously announced funding. What was new? One thing I’m interested in is that metal and mineral terminal capacity expansion is listed as Vancouver and Northwest BC as opposed to specifying Prince Rupert like they did for coal. I’m taking that to mean Stewart instead of Prince Rupert. Anyone else have any idea?

Minerals were being explored by a local Transloader. With a forklift and the right equipment, minerals can be loaded in approx. 1.5 ton bags into a container and shipped. Anybody can do that - so it may be another type of mineral product.

Pushing lumber into a container is easy as well. Flat forklift attachment - push = done.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“jesus”]

Also I’d assume most people including myself like to make fun of stupid people on the internet.[/quote]

Comparing ajaye46’s posts to someone who silently mocks cancer patients is perhaps a little over the top. :smile:
I suspect that most people are aware that our reverse oracle (ajaye46) mostly gets it wrong and are not too offended by his posts. I usually get a chuckle reading his stuff.[/quote]

Me? Over the top? never.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“hitest”]

I suspect that most people are aware that our reverse oracle (ajaye46) mostly gets it wrong and are not too offended by his posts. I usually get a chuckle reading his stuff.
Me? Over the top? never.[/quote]

Heh-heh. :smile: