Printing on cards?

I am trying to print on a store bought card, it’s (8 w X 5.5 h). The printer I am using is an Epson 820. Does anyone know if this is possible? The printer does not grab the paper, is it too thick? Does anyone have any experience or maybe ideas please :question:

Usually there is an Envelope/Regular Paper setting, flick the switch to the envelope mode. Or, you know, don’t be a lazy ass and write it. : P

Hey dude, I am doing this as a favour for a friends wedding. :confused:

You need to calligraph that shat! Haha, but did that work?

I had a similar printer before i bought my Canon… BTW, staples.ca got my catridges to me in 1 day this week… how? i dunno. Free shipping too! Anyhow, $10 off on any 2 cartdges or more…

So yeah, use the the little spring loade dlever doodad, it lowers or raises the print heads for thicker papers. Sadly cards are pretty thick though… and probably dont bend that easily

Eeewww spare the favor. Inkjet cards and invites are way too tacky for a wedding. Kid’s birthday party okay…

Why do you need to invite people to your wedding? Elvis is already right there!

herbie_popnecker wrote:

Yeah sure, sounds like a blast. Ya got sisters for strippers?

Now piss off.

[quote=“orangetang”]I had a similar printer before i bought my Canon… BTW, staples.ca got my catridges to me in 1 day this week… how? i dunno. Free shipping too! Anyhow, $10 off on any 2 cartdges or more…

So yeah, use the the little spring loade dlever doodad, it lowers or raises the print heads for thicker papers. Sadly cards are pretty thick though… and probably dont bend that easily[/quote]

I can get you the same ink cartriges for cheaper, the same day.

Theres no possible way you’re gunna be able to print cardstock through that printer, without seriously damaging it.

Thanks Delirious, I will not do dat. :frowning:

Why not get someone with really nice handwriting to do it?..

Ok. Go for it. :smiling_imp:

The only thing I can suggest is going to excel printing or digital printing, and getting them to run it through the xerox machine, that has options for printing on cardstock. I have lots of printers here at the shop, but to be able to print on cardstock, you have to have a printer that has adjustable rollers, and fuser temperature. Most inkjet printers won’t work with cardstock simply because there isn’t enough clearance for the stock to run through. Most inkjets that I’ve seen will only support upto 24lb… 20lb being the most common.

Thanks for you info. I’ll see what my friend say before her hand get’s soar from writing.