Prince Ruperts Radio Station Sucks

Complex just like, “…Justice.”

Hey bud, that was just an example of what kind of music to turn to when those annoying songs keep playing. Over and over and over.

“Let the bodies hit the floor” then… by Drowning Pool

[quote=“Hi Timez”]

Hey bud, that was just an example of what kind of music to turn to when those annoying songs keep playing. Over and over and over.[/quote]

Like, it was a poor example. Ugh!

Dude…replace Metallica with Iron Maiden, you may as well of just said Eiffel 65

I can’t remember the last time I heard an Eiffel 65 song. “Blue (Da-ba-dee-da-ba-da)” would be a refreshing change.

Watch what you say… that could be playing the next time you open this thread.

Who would pay me to highjack the MIX. nobody is in the building when im working night shift :smiling_imp:

dances to Eiffel

I only listen to the radio during the day. When i have to… Half the time im turning it off cause i hate so many songs they play on it…

We’ll I listen to the raido everyday it’s on at work so when its not pouring with customers i listen to the mix… Ive heard that kelly Clarckson song soo much. Then i go into the shop its CBC… and then when i drive cars around i got my metllica cd’s

Lightning bolt of an idea that one about a real radio station locally. I used to be able to when I had my gear set up, by using a length of TV coaxial cable tuned (cut to the wave length of the middle frequency of the commercial FM band) tune in a station in Ketchican, Alaska the was part of the PUBLIC broadcast system in the USA. This system operates by donations from corperations and the public. The DJs volunteer. The shear variety of music and commentary was very uniqe.
:unamused: We are STUCK with what we got only because we allow it, we don’t give a shit enough! That is what it boils down to. It is a simple truth.
OK. Go out there today, don’t allow yourself just to have a good day; as in fate or the luck of the draw. BUT actually endever to create a good day. BE irregardless of the challenges that may present themself, for they are in acctuallity the very lessons to be learned that day! Be proud that you learned those lessons and endevour to enlighten others when opportunity occurs. Thats what it means when you pass the torch to another, so they better see their way. Thanks for listening. Now DO! OK! :wink:

I think I’ll stick to being miserable, and hate the radio!

Hooray, we’re adequate!

Oh man, just listening to the bear on standardradio.com. They just made a good jab at M. Jackson.

I have my alarm clock on the mix…the one thing that I HATED was rick dees countdown TWICE on weekends…

ummmmm, why not just put your clock on BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
That just might solve your Rick Dees problem.

A few years ago, I had my comuter set to play mp3’s in the morning, so I had my PC turned up and I had a nice loud song to wake me up. And different ones each morning. That might work for ya.

:smiley:

[quote=“Hi Timez”]

ummmmm, why not just put your clock on BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
That just might solve your Rick Dees problem.

A few years ago, I had my comuter set to play mp3’s in the morning, so I had my PC turned up and I had a nice loud song to wake me up. And different ones each morning. That might work for ya.

:smiley:[/quote]

I also rock the PC alarm clock. Early Megadeth early in the morning? Rise and fucking shine.

It is on buzz, I meant when the radio is on.

Rick Dees problem seems to have been replaced with Ryan Seacrest anyways, which is like a lesser evil I guess.

If I could figure out a way to get cable radio, I would hook it up and never take it off Rock 101. Or actually, the point in Seattle.

Why not just use Net Radio? Get Winamp, then go to their website, click on the link for net radio, pick your genre and go! They’ve got a huge variety of stations from around the world, as well as constant feeds of just music. Best of all, you get to hear a lot of stuff you’d never hear on mainstream radio, like older tunes and indie stuff.

As for radio in Rupert, I have to agree that the local station isn’t exactly what I’d call my favourite. When I was back there working a few summers ago, I started listening to “The Mix,” but got pretty tired of hearing the same five songs 15 times a day. So I switched to CBC and was much happier–lots of interesting programs, eclectic musical tastes, and the hosts were much nicer to listen to.

Why not clue in your local radio. You’re the market they want…

[quote=“Eso”]

I also rock the PC alarm clock. Early Megadeth early in the morning? Rise and fucking shine.[/quote]

If I were to play something to wake up to, I’d prefer something mellow like Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. Either that or some kind of classical music.