Prince Rupert property sales fall in first half of 2011

The number of properties sold through the first half of 2011 in Prince Rupert is down compared to the first six month of 2010, and are the lowest in the northwest region, according to stats released today by the Northern BC Real Estate Board.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 93049.html

[quote=“TheNorthernView”]The number of properties sold through the first half of 2011 in Prince Rupert is down compared to the first six month of 2010, and are the lowest in the northwest region, according to stats released today by the Northern BC Real Estate Board.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 93049.html[/quote]

But, but I thought our economy was doing oh so well?

[quote=“Smurfette”]

[quote=“TheNorthernView”]The number of properties sold through the first half of 2011 in Prince Rupert is down compared to the first six month of 2010, and are the lowest in the northwest region, according to stats released today by the Northern BC Real Estate Board.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 93049.html[/quote]

But, but I thought our economy was doing oh so well?[/quote]

lol @ doing so well. :
The people I feel sorry for are those that bought houses at inflated prices in recent years because of the Port Boom.

why feel sorry for them? did you hold their hands thru the process of looking for the house and buying it?

im sure they were all adults and can make their own decisions. its part of life

Meanwhile, up the road where property taxes are apparently half of Prince Rupert’s: bclocalnews.com/bc_north/ter … 71439.html

Terrace’s real estate market is surpassing last year’s dismal numbers and inching towards numbers similar to better years like 2007 and 2008.

The BC Northern Real Estate Board found that more homes were sold by the end of June this year compared to last, and the average selling price of a residential detached house rose as well.