Prince Rupert Municipal Extravagance

Have you ever heard of commas, periods and CAPS?  AND spellcheck?  :imp: Prince Rupert, the next “Hong Kong of Canada”? What are you smokin’?  Can I have some? 

Oh but it’s true, Bill Gates is going to buy the mill site, going to use it to store all the unsold and returned copies of Vista. :imp:

Hmmmm…then he’d need a much larger facility wouldn’t he?  Hehe.  :smiley:

Dan Miller?  WTF?

I distinctly remember Bill Belsey saying rather emphatically “I will ensure the mill will open!” 

Wow what colour are your glasses and what flavour is the Kool Aid today?

I think billy reinvented himself. =.=

we city workers are under paid we have some of the best minds n the province
working for the people.the tax payer is getting there moneys worth with us
our managment team is the top of the crop keep up the good work city workers
and merry christmas to my brother and sisters in the city and the great boses
we have you folks are to a super job.

Sure hope the new owner increases the spam monitors!

:confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  Um, I am lost for words but I know a little about punctuation.  :imp:

sounds like someone likes tooting their own horn :astonished:

Sounds like someone’s had a few too many.  :unamused:

im not drinking anything till xmas ordered my special beer at the liquor store and waiting for it  :smiley:

Yes, well, thank you, ajaye46 for sharing with the taxpayers your Xmas wishes and other glad tidings to your civic colleagues and bosses. The podunkian hordes are grateful I’m sure. Likewise no doubt the industrial reserve army that waits in readiness for the boom times ahead when this place, through the power of positive thinking, will be transformed into New York, or was it Hong Kong, or was it … sorry I got lost in the hyperbole … lead by the best minds in the province.

Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to cut and paste from a pdf, but anyone who wishes to investigate the claim that civic employees are underpaid and deserve something extra under the tree might go to the following link, scroll down to pg 43 of the June 8/09 council meeting agenda package, and form their own opinion.

princerupert.ca/images/edito … .pdf 

What a place …

Careful some folks don’t like to look at the past

No doubt. Unfortunately the past may actually be rosier than the future. I see, for instance, that library services may be reduced from seven days a week to four days; and road budgets have already been significantly cut. Tough decisions lie ahead, we are told. (Northern View, Nov 24)

Yet, in the midst of this austerity program management’s ranks are being increased by the hiring of a rec centre manager. atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 7388914458

i would like to say my statements were not fair to some out there.
My only real reason is to show that we do have the people with the
know how to keep our city operateing as a positive and not one with
much weakness.We need to move forward and bring all the good into
our city and also we must think outside the box if we are to improve on
the cost of operateing our city bugets.

I think if this guy Curnes at the Civic is making that money which I believe is more then the Mayor, they should cut his pay cheque in half before hiring another. But its all a big stew right now and no one knows what is going into the city plans.

[quote=“ajaye46”]
i would like to say my statements were not fair to some out there.[/quote]

No, we just think you’re living in a place where there are blue skies and rainbows, and mountains covered in cotton candies and Kokanee beers. =.=

I’d love to live in a place like that.

kokanee nah not that

A nice cold Molson would be just fine but tonight it may be a Johnny Walker Red Label, well just one I think my Lady won’t mind me tasting a little shot.