Prince Rupert McDonald's manager discusses renovations

Imagine eating fast food in a designer chair near a fire place as pastel hues calm your mood or free internet access encourages you to linger, rather than eat and run.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 61639.html

I am sorry but you can not call that restaurant fast food, it is the slowest “fast food” restaurand I have ever been in, and why? Because with no real

competition in town they can be as slow as they like and do as poor a job as they want because we have two choices, take it or leave it. Hopefully they will

renovate their staff and procedures along with their building.

This is a joke right? Are they going to hire professional waiters to serve you too? Or at least people who can keep the place clean?

[quote=“flyman”]I am sorry but you can not call that restaurant fast food, it is the slowest “fast food” restaurand I have ever been in, and why? Because with no real

competition in town they can be as slow as they like and do as poor a job as they want because we have two choices, take it or leave it. Hopefully they will

renovate their staff and procedures along with their building.[/quote]

Heh, it’s not the staff, it’s the management. Always, always, if a place has crappy service, don’t look at the employees, look at the management.

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

[quote=“flyman”]I am sorry but you can not call that restaurant fast food, it is the slowest “fast food” restaurand I have ever been in, and why? Because with no real

renovate their staff and procedures along with their building.[/quote]

Heh, it’s not the staff, it’s the management. Always, always, if a place has crappy service, don’t look at the employees, look at the management.[/quote]

Oh, I love that rationale Bubba so if we take this to the extreme and you are fired for bad performance, blame your boss !! I don’t think so! They have good and bad staff there as is everywhere but what gets me is how they are always out of ice cream (or whatever they use !) when I want a milkshake or muffins or those giant (yummy!) cookies! They offer food that fills the spur of the moment craving and that is it so renovating to make it pretty isn’t going to change the caliber of food !!

You know, Since I have left the beautiful Prince Rupert I have seen 3 differnt set-ups of the “upper class” Mcdonalds and Could Not BELIEVE what they looked like! lol… I walked in, ordered my meal sat down, and two seats from me are guys in black suites that looked like they just came from the office sitting infront of the fireplaces…lol…it felt REALLY wierd lol!!! but trust me…you Loose ALOT of sitting space!!! it is harder to move around in compaired to the "usual mcdonalds…I am hoping that ruperts’ Mcd"s does it in a “good” manor setting to whitch you still have space to move… the one seemed to make it feel more Like an ACTAUL restraunt…the seat turn out is Much slower the say in ruperts mcd’s. but hey, all the best.

[quote=“codybear933”]

Heh, it’s not the staff, it’s the management. Always, always, if a place has crappy service, don’t look at the employees, look at the management.Oh, I love that rationale Bubba so if we take this to the extreme and you are fired for bad performance, blame your boss !! I don’t think so! They have good and bad staff there as is everywhere but what gets me is how they are always out of ice cream (or whatever they use !) when I want a milkshake or muffins or those giant (yummy!) cookies! They offer food that fills the spur of the moment craving and that is it so renovating to make it pretty isn’t going to change the caliber of food !![/quote]

Well no Codybear, if I was fired because of my bad performance, my boss is doing his or her job! LOL that’s what they’re supposed to do, make sure the staff does what they’re supposed to do. And if they don’t, well, they won’t have a job anymore will they?

Don’t complain about McD being slow. It’s the rarely mentioned law that the performance of any franchise business degrades inversely with it’s distance from Vancouver.
I have never, ever just walked into a McD’s in Prince George and got what I wanted without waiting. Not in 22 years.

Besides, can’t you see how absurd the whole thing is? Do you actually want to take time and savour that Big Mac? Really? The plasticky, cardboard-like brew of mystery meat spending enough time to affect your ‘palate’?
Hell no, a McD burger is truly more like a fucking tampon you’re shoving in as fast as you can to fill that hole in your stomach. You don’t want to taste it. It ain’t worth waiting for.

hahahahahahahahahaha that’s the best description of McD’s food I’ve ever heard!!

They have good coffee (usually - every once in a while I get a crappy cup) I swear I’m addicted! lol

I went into a McDonalds in Paris - and you can use these touch screen things to place your order, I couldnt use it though - the instructions were in French! Anyway - those things are cool :smile: