Prince Rupert Hotel no longer part of Coast chain

According to Coast Hotel & Resorts, the Prince Rupert location is no longer going to be part of their affiliation as of December 1st due to the hotel owners requesting to be independent.

The Northern View from Wednesday said the Coast will undergo a $3 million overhaul and name change back to “Prince Rupert Hotel”

OH good. Finally Charlies Resteraunt will be open past 2:00 PM so I can finally go there for a late lunch!!!

Actually, they are closing the restaurant altogether. They say it wasn’t profitable anymore.

I’m excited to see what they do with that building. The article in the Northern View indicated that there were going to be significant changes including bringing it back to resemble the original Rupert Hotel that burned down there many years ago. The restaurant apparently catered to some loyal clientele but was not profitable and they are gearing towards better service to the tourism market. Could be a positive change.

cjfw.ca/News/Story.aspx?ID=1574466

I think they should have kept a restaurant in the plans. There are not a lot of places to take families and people like to eat in the hotels they stay, when they can. What about room service? Pub Service? No food, not good for business. People on medical use to always stay there and with those bookings came food charges too. You turn them away, that’s a lot steady dollars when tourism is down. Seriously should re-think that plan, now that they can’t even associate themselves to the Coast name.

I think you’re wrong Hoser. Every morning I was in there, it was packed or nearly packed. At lunch, there were tons of people in there. Dinner time was the only slower time but that’s probably because they needed a few more things on the menu or some TV’s / events / different dining atmosphere / lower lighting or something.

Profitable? Unless someone was stealing money or inventory from it…

haven’t you heard of the new “trend of bc” BYOF ! for the pub that is… lol.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]I think you’re wrong Hoser. Every morning I was in there, it was packed or nearly packed. At lunch, there were tons of people in there. Dinner time was the only slower time but that’s probably because they needed a few more things on the menu or some TV’s / events / different dining atmosphere / lower lighting or something.

Profitable? Unless someone was stealing money or inventory from it…[/quote]

Thats only what was printed in the Northernview in a quote from Craig Briere. I rarely eat in there so I have no firsthand knowledge.

Don’t despair! There are other restaurants around as good or better:

Has anyone hear whats going on at the coast hotel?
They are not listed on the Coast company websit anymore. Is it still a Coast Hotel or did they sell it?

Good food, don’t like the atmosphere. Have kids The last time I went there the waitresses were snobby with Lululemon Yoga pants that left nothing to the imagination. Not usually a bad thing, but I already have kids now. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re doing something with the resteraunt, it’s a little smaller, but looked like someone was sitting in there two days ago. I dunno. Hoping XD

[quote=“exstall”]Has anyone hear whats going on at the coast hotel?
They are not listed on the Coast company websit anymore. Is it still a Coast Hotel or did they sell it?[/quote]

Prince Rupert Hotel is now independent as of middle of December, no the hotel did not sell.

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]

Good food, don’t like the atmosphere. Have kids The last time I went there the waitresses were snobby with Lululemon Yoga pants that left nothing to the imagination. Not usually a bad thing, but I already have kids now. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re doing something with the resteraunt, it’s a little smaller, but looked like someone was sitting in there two days ago. I dunno. Hoping XD[/quote]

The Prince Rupert Hotel now offers a Deluxe Continental Breakfast & Hot Waffle Bar.

Hopefully they start to clean the outside of the building and repaint where the old “Coast” logo’s and lettering used to be…it looks terrible the way they have left it after removing all the Coast signage.

The outside of the building will be cleaned up :smile: